Stan Petrov

LondonLax

What mental news! unbeleivable, he goes down with "flu" and the fever ends up being this. tragedy, he's a fighter though as has been said a lot here, so that's the first step to beating it.

all the best Stan, get well soon.

I've been in pieces since i heard this news, i lost my best friend to Leukaemia and this has really brought it home again. I really hope that Stan has enough fight left in him for this one.

Sort of makes me realise how little people (in general) know about the illness, while it varies in case to case, seeing people post 'Get Well Soon' just doesn't cover it, someone who posted about Stan playing his last 8 games for us?!? please, I prey that he'll be well enough to kick a ball again. Let alone thinking about his 'future' at our club.

Keep on fighting Stan.

My god this is awful news. Maybe he has been playing on knowing about this all along. It aint something that just happens overnight. Might also explain why he tires so easily in games.

Get well soon Stan.

This wont have been the case. The fact that his leukaemia is 'acute' refers to the time frame from which his body contracted the disease. If his leukaemia was 'Chronic' then it could have been lying dorment for a considerable period of time - but not with 'acute' - he wont have had leukaemia for more than two weeks id say.

I've been in pieces since i heard this news, i lost my best friend to Leukaemia and this has really brought it home again. I really hope that Stan has enough fight left in him for this one.

Sort of makes me realise how little people (in general) know about the illness, while it varies in case to case, seeing people post 'Get Well Soon' just doesn't cover it, someone who posted about Stan playing his last 8 games for us?!? please, I prey that he'll be well enough to kick a ball again. Let alone thinking about his 'future' at our club.

Keep on fighting Stan.

Good effort on posting, thanks for the insight.

Words fail me.

Top bloke, thinking of you buddy. I've never wanted us to win a game so bad.

Do it for stan boys.

My god this is awful news. Maybe he has been playing on knowing about this all along. It aint something that just happens overnight. Might also explain why he tires so easily in games.

Get well soon Stan.

This wont have been the case. The fact that his leukaemia is 'acute' refers to the time frame from which his body contracted the disease. If his leukaemia was 'Chronic' then it could have been lying dorment for a considerable period of time - but not with 'acute' - he wont have had leukaemia for more than two weeks id say.

It certainly explains the way he looked in the last game.

:cry:

Â