Stan Petrov

LondonLax

This will no doubt sound sycohantic because of the situation.

There have been many discussions on here about the word legend.

The mellberg thread is a good example of this.

But my idea of legend more simplistic than a greater more educated view.

I spend more money than i can afford to spend watching villa. for this i expect 100% commitment to the course . is he the best football I've seen at b6? No. but still a **** for me.

Get well son.

I think by intermediate patients they mean between 40's to 60's

Judged by the sentence after i think Petrov will probably be classed as an exceptional case due to his fitness and his youth like it says earlier on its very rare for people to get it in their early 30's and catch it early because people are rarely screened at that age i suppose

Stan will be 33 years old in three months time, so his career is sadly over unless there's been an incorrect diagnosis.

The idea of someone's career being over at the age of 33 made me frown a bit. I think you mean "this phase of his career".

Let's think positively on his behalf!

By the way, does anyone else remember a story of Stan taking french lessons (or some such language) to make one of our signings feel at home because they didn't have english? That is the mark of the man and part of what he did for the club

Absolutely gutting news. Thoughts with stiliyan and his family.

McLeish is right in his recent comments - the old cliche comes into perspective here. Tbh, I couldn't care about the Chelsea result, but on the flip side I want us to go out there and show some passion and fight in the absence of our leader.

The things Petrov has done off the pitch is brilliant, welcoming new signings, helping them to settle in, charity work, understanding fans and our frustrations and coming out to offer us reassurance. He's a real professional.

It's our turn to offer you some reassurance now - we're all right behind you.

Get well soon Stiliyan, fight strong our friend/leader

I'm absolutely gutted. Stan is my favorite player, on my favorite team. I'm going to see villa for the first time during the USA tour this summer. It's a shame he won't be with the team. But, that doesn't matter to me now. I just want him to get better. #OCaptainMyCaptain

Your post was very eloquently put. I would like to think that he will read posts like this.

Get better Stan. Strength, hope and the very best wishes to you. I hope this isn't the end of you in football as I think you'd make a cracking coach. Clearly, the kids at Villa look up to you. Never the greatest player but the fact that you sweat for the Villa will never be forgotten.

Absolutely gutting news. Thoughts with stiliyan and his family.

McLeish is right in his recent comments - the old cliche comes into perspective here. Tbh, I couldn't care about the Chelsea result, but on the flip side I want us to go out there and show some passion and fight in the absence of our leader.

The things Petrov has done off the pitch is brilliant, welcoming new signings, helping them to settle in, charity work, understanding fans and our frustrations and coming out to offer us reassurance. He's a real professional.

Get well soon Stiliyan, fight strong our friend/leader

This, not just time for the players to show this, but the fans also. Forget all the bickering about the manager, lets all put in a performance to make Stan proud!

Stan is the exact opposite of the stereotypical aloof, distant and even contemptuous professional athlete. He's always seemed down to Earth and just a good guy.

I like the idea of a minutes standing applause at the 19th minute. If the officials could stop the game too, that would be brilliant. How can we make that happen?

Stan is the exact opposite of the stereotypical aloof, distant and even contemptuous professional athlete. He's always seemed down to Earth and just a good guy.

I like the idea of a minutes standing applause at the 19th minute. If the officials could stop the game too, that would be brilliant. How can we make that happen?

Short of invading the pitch we can't so the applause will be our tribute.

Short of invading the pitch we can't so the applause will be our tribute.

I'm pretty certain officials have stopped play for tributes in the past....

I really can't get over this news.

I am so proud to say that this man has been Captain of the club I love. Lets do him proud tomorrow and show him how much he means to us and how we are all thinking of him.

haha im meant to be a big hard squaddie but this post brought a tear to my eye.

Please get well skipper.

Â