Stan Petrov

LondonLax

Feel sick to the stomach hearing the terrible news about stan. Really praying he makes a full and speedy recovery!

Must give credit to the club for a genuine heart felt and sincere communication of the news on the official site, echoing the wishes and love communicated on this board, and I'm sure of everyone in the villa and football family

You can do it stan!

X

Does anybody know much about leukaemia? I know there are various types but I don't have a clue about how long he might/would have been carrying this with him or what the percentage success rate of recovery is from it. ...

I believe this is 'acute' leukaemia, which I understand from the medical people in my family that it is quite serious. I haven't gone into the business of recovery rates ...

I (personally) feel very sad about this, but I can only say that (as with Muamba's case) it's perhaps a reminder of what is really important and perhaps it's also time to suspend (or stop) the vitriol against the club's management. Stan's condition may now create a positive climate and I wish him (if it's possible) a speedy recovery.

Just read the messages from teammates (current and past) on Twitter - Chris Herd, Barry Bannan calling him things like "my hero", Friedel especially eloquent "my friend, you are one the best I have ever played with in all aspects of life. Fight on as I know you will." Made me shed a little tear.

I was worried about the Chelsea game before this - now I don't care. Makes you realise what's important in life. He's 32 with 2 young kids. Really really hoping he makes it through.

Stan went from everybody's scapegoat and unable to get a game, and responded with the players/supporters player of the year awards and fought his way to club captain. It is a remarkable story and turnaround. I know he'll beat this.

Top pro and what a nice bloke, if people do a little research they'll see just how much charity work he does himself. He doesn't deserve this but he will beat it.

Â