Stan Petrov

LondonLax

My god this is awful news. Maybe he has been playing on knowing about this all along. It aint something that just happens overnight. Might also explain why he tires so easily in games.

According to SSN & Pete Colley outside BH - Petrov was only diagnosed with the disease at lunchtime & is on a train with the club doctor, down to London to start immediate treatment.

My family met Stan not so long ago at a club event - said he's an absolute gentleman. He's brilliant with the kids & the mascots.

Glad to know he couldn't be at a better club to give him all the support he'll need to fight this. Whatever people post about AVFC, they look after their own.

Tragic news

Puts our season into perspective I think

One thing I'll say is that the man is a hell of a fighter which will stand him in good sted

It is cancer, not a heart condition, thus him being a fighter has got nothing to do with his chances either way. Not being an asshole here, it's just that I have some history with this condition and know that it is not something to be spiritual about. You don't survive cancer because you are fighting it with your will power, you survive because of surgery and/or chemo. If you have terminal cancer, you will not survive because of happy thoughts and wishes, but I guess people like to believe that to ease the sorrow.

Shocking news non the less, Petrov is Mr. Villa in our squad right about now and seems to love the club. Thank god we have that little distance in points between us and the clubs beneath.

My god this is awful news. Maybe he has been playing on knowing about this all along. It aint something that just happens overnight. Might also explain why he tires so easily in games.

Get well soon Stan.

This wont have been the case. The fact that his leukaemia is 'acute' refers to the time frame from which his body contracted the disease. If his leukaemia was 'Chronic' then it could have been lying dorment for a considerable period of time - but not with 'acute' - he wont have had leukaemia for more than two weeks id say.

It certainly explains the way he looked in the last game.

:cry:

Absolutely - I have no idea how he played that game only a few days before being diagnosed.

One thing I do know is that leukaemia is a disguised disease. I know from having had ALL (Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia) a few years ago.

Tragic news

Puts our season into perspective I think

One thing I'll say is that the man is a hell of a fighter which will stand him in good sted

It is cancer, not a heart condition, thus him being a fighter has got nothing to do with his chances either way. Not being an asshole here, it's just that I have some history with this condition and know that it is not something to be spiritual about. You don't survive cancer because you are fighting it with your will power, you survive because of surgery and/or chemo. If you have terminal cancer, you will not survive because of happy thoughts and wishes, but I guess people like to believe that to ease the sorrow.

Shocking news non the less, Petrov is Mr. Villa in our squad right about now and seems to love the club. Thank god we have that little distance in points between us and the clubs beneath.

**** hell, can we not turn this into a religious debate? You might have your own thoughts about the matter and you are entitled to that. People are just sending their best wishes in whatever way the see fit. If that means praying then so be it. It's not about religion, it's showing you care.

:(

Obviously you don't like to see this happen to anyone, but it really is hard to swallow when it happens to such a nice and genuine guy. My grandad has met him in Sutton Park a couple of times and told me he's an absolute gentleman who has time for anyone.

All the best Stan and all our love.

I hope Stan pulls through.

An awful end to a truely awful season. I cant believe this is happening to him. Always gives 110%, a proper player, a proper captain and a true gentleman.

Kevin Rooney ‏ @KevinRooney1

After what Villa fans were singing about Aliou Cisse's family when majority died on a cruise I couldn't care less about Petrov!! #villacunt

clearing in the woods

Honestly i doubt very much we were singing about his family.

I hope Stan pulls through.

An awful end to a truely awful season. I cant believe this is happening to him. Always gives 110%, a proper player, a proper captain and a true gentleman.

couldn,t have put it any better well said.

Hope you get better soon Stan .

Â