Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

17 minutes ago, Genie said:

It’s not so easy, what about the people who bought season tickets at £30/£40/£50 a game? They won’t be happy if they are selling tickets for a tenner just to fill the holes.

I mean, bring them down too. Get people in and find the money in other avenues, using the full stadium too. I know it’s not easy but the money is in TV and advertising now, not the gates.

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

I mean, bring them down too. Get people in and find the money in other avenues, using the full stadium too. I know it’s not easy but the money is in TV and advertising now, not the gates.

I can’t remember the details now but I remember Simon Jordan explaining once why it doesn’t work. People always say “let them in for a quid or something, better go fill the ground up” but he had good reasons why it doesn’t work (I just can’t remember them). City owners don’t need money for profit, but they need it to look remotely interested in hitting FFP rules. 

47 minutes ago, Genie said:

It’s not so easy, what about the people who bought season tickets at £30/£40/£50 a game? They won’t be happy if they are selling tickets for a tenner just to fill the holes.

You could get adult tickets for the midweek game for £12.50 apparently. Different story as there aren't STholdrs, but they don't struggle as much for PL games.

• Shocked 1

14 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Watch a relegation battling Newcastle filling their stadium while City can't 

Newcastle are an island, well supported no doubt but its sometimes hard to understand how much of a stranglehold they have over their own city 

Funnily enough I'd say Leeds do it well too

Man City have the 2 biggest clubs in the country in their stomping ground 

3 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Very, very surprised they had an injury time winner disallowed by VAR

spacer.png

Sounds like it was Southampton who were robbed by VAR not the other way around?

Edited by fightoffyour

1 minute ago, fightoffyour said:

Sounds like it was Southampton who were robbed by VAR not the other way around?

Oh indeed, but Citeh getting **** as well is very unusual

I would love to know there real attendance every game. I'm convinced they buy up there own tickets close to kick off and announce there attendance as 'tickets sold' not actual bums on seats. 

Even cooking the books on that. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

I would love to know there real attendance every game. I'm convinced they buy up there own tickets close to kick off and announce there attendance as 'tickets sold' not actual bums on seats. 

Even cooking the books on that. 

Do they do a man utd style ST holders have to pay for cup games or is the demand not there? 

Could be that ST holders have actually bought a CL ticket but don't go so the sales are higher than bums on seats

Doesn't escape from the question as to why they aren't going though 

I might be an odd one out here but I would like to watch my team play leipzig, I would love the away game too, this in the CL where 2 teams for a narrative cos they play each other 4 times in 5 years that I can understand if attendances dip but to my knowledge city have never played leipzig, for that reason alone I'd want to go

VP was absolutley rocking - the commentators turned down their crowd noise and STILL couldn't hear anything else through their headphones. Against Everton. Citeh's problem is entirely that they have been unnaturally boosted, it's not organic, just cash fuelled, and they do not have the people they need to attend. Pep will **** off soon, he KNOWS he's had 1Bill to spend and he KNOWS the stadium is empty. **** shambles. 

• Like 2

Â