Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

All the poor City fans trying to defend him in the comments, saying they have 5 players injured and need to rest their 2nd squad assembled for £500m for Chelsea. 

They can't imagine not having a 2nd squad, having 5 players injured and being in a relegation fight. 

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Pep is losing the plot.

He's feeling the pressure to win everything having been heavily backed and having the media/fans turn on him for it. He doesn't like to be seen as the bad guy or a chequebook manager after having had smoke blown up his a**e for years about how brilliant he is. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

He's feeling the pressure to win everything having been heavily backed and having the media/fans turn on him for it. He doesn't like to be seen as the bad guy or a chequebook manager after having had smoke blown up his a**e for years about how brilliant he is. 

He pretty much has won everything.

They'll win the league this season, probably one of the domestic cups too.

Obviously he'll be under pressure to win the Champions League, but I'm sure he'll be fine

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He pretty much has won everything.

They'll win the league this season, probably one of the domestic cups too.

Obviously he'll be under pressure to win the Champions League, but I'm sure he'll be fine

He's won it all whilst everyone has called him a revolutionary and the greatest manager of all time. 

He's now expected to win it all whilst people are moaning about him and City which he won't like. He'll be under added pressure from above as the club is trying to win hearts and minds (one of the main reasons I think they bought Grealish) and it appears to have backfired. 

5 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Negative public opinion of Man City really seems to have gone up a notch lately.  Not just restricted to Villa.

Definitley 

Maybe fall out from the ESL but also they did try and have a summer of doing whatever the **** they wanted despite the FFP rumblings, the team that won the league and got to a CL final tried to spend £260m on 2 players, makes the whole thing pointless for everyone else

Not sure if the Grealish booing has died off but that was more about city and what they are than him

6 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

He's won it all whilst everyone has called him a revolutionary and the greatest manager of all time. 

He's now expected to win it all whilst people are moaning about him and City which he won't like. He'll be under added pressure from above as the club is trying to win hearts and minds (one of the main reasons I think they bought Grealish) and it appears to have backfired. 

I'm not sure I buy that to be honest. 

40 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Negative public opinion of Man City really seems to have gone up a notch lately.  Not just restricted to Villa.

The ESL, spending £100m on Jack despite claiming otherwise in a pandemic, growing awareness of their ownership, and the cringe stuff they do to bring in fans. I think it’s been growing for a time now. The height of plastic fan base at this point. 

32 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm not sure I buy that to be honest. 

Nor me

He's currently sat on 3 leagues, 5 cups and a CL final loss in 5 years, before pep city's owners were 2 leagues and 3 cups in 8 years

Add to that he's beat the record for points and goals, he's already had 2 x 5-0 wins this season and the 6-3 in the CL

I dont believe there will be pressure on him from above, there'll be made up pressure from our gutter press whilst at the same time I'm not sure what else he can do to make this city team watchable 

• Like 1

On 19/09/2021 at 23:35, villaglint said:

Well yes exactly it’s such a clear and obvious red and pen really struggle to understand what they’ve seen to over turn it. 

I think the fact there is debate even on this thread suggests it is not a clear and obvious red and pen. Clear and obvious error? Maybe not. But, having watched it myself for the first time, have to say I don't think that should be given as a pen for the simple fact that Armstrong is stretching / going down even before Walker contacts him, and you can argue that Walker would have gotten to the ball first had Armstrong stayed completely upright. 

4 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

The fact they can bang 100million on the table for a player:

-They didn't really need

-Who was everything to the selling club, poster boy, captain, boyhood fan, best player. 

-To the casual fans probably overpay by around 30million.

Pre engineer the move with agents, contracts resulting in the player basically forced himself out of the club he "loves and supports", despite Villa not needing the money. 

This is further proof that "super clubs", brand, oil money, FFP, media and CL finances are destroying any chance of another team joining the elite, or your club holding onto an elite player.

Fans are irrelevant, "size of club" is irrelevant. Its all pushed from a new circular economy. 

If Grealish can force a move from us; then Rice will leave West Ham, ASM will leave a newcastle, Maddison will leave Leicester, DCL Everton, Philips will leave Leeds when a Man City really go in. Its just a matter of time and every fan now knows that. 

Edited by pas5898
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

The fact they can bang 100million on the table for a player:

-They didn't really need

-Who was everything to to selling club, poster boy, captain, boyhood fan, best player. 

-To the casual fans probably overpay by around 30million.

Pre engineer the move with agents, contracts resulting in the player basically forced himself out of the club he "loves and supports", despite Villa not needing the money. 

This is further proof that "super clubs", brand, oil money, FFP, media and CL finances are destroying any chance of another team joining the elite, or your club holding onto an elite player.

Fans are irrelevant, "size of club" is irrelevant. Its all pushed from the CL and a circular economy of inflated sponsors. Man City are the epitome of this. 

If Grealish can force a move from us; then Rice will leave West Ham, ASM will leave a newcastle, Maddison will leave Leicester, DCL Everton, Philips will leave Leeds when a Man City really go in. Its just a matter of time and every fan now knows that. 

This is bollocks, City are a great club. Pep would have been this successful without spending a penny, absolute genius and Jack only left so that Villa could get a huge payday, Jack would play for City for £8.50 p/h, the money is irrelevant, he just wants to win trophies. 

Villa are a bang average club, mid table at best and will probably go back down to where they belong eventually.

If I hadn't invested in a scarf and a keyring I would seriously be thinking about supporting man city, great club.

**** ***, ******* plastic ******* bent shithouse oil spunk ******** joke corrupt ****S.

• Haha 2

Â