Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

word removed, it would be the best for Man City, not English football. What would be the best was if those players could play FOR and and be owned by a club like Wycombe, who could turn a profit on them when a club with lots of money like city can buy them when they’re good enough to step up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

What a vile hypocrite 

Good, you bald prick…

I’m glad you’re upset that you can’t have your own way and bring on an extra £100m worth of 2 players to change a game…

and I hope that with all the extra game time your lah-dee-dah players have to play that a few of them take a kicking…

because for working for that rat bastard sack of shit club that you do?

You deserve misery to accompany your ill-gotten gold…

• Haha 1

Germany and Spain allow that crap and I think its ridiculous that they do. Please don't allow it in England.

Granted the above countries don't allow those teams to be promoted but still stupid.

On 22/09/2021 at 09:59, DJ_Villain said:

Not at all…

So you’re putting Akinfenwa up there with the likes of Shearer, Wright and Seaman (just to name three) as a legend of the English game?

This really suggests that you think the word 'legend' can only possibly be applied to top-flight players who were the best in the country at a particular time, which is fine, but not everyone shares that definition of the word.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

This really suggests that you think the word 'legend' can only possibly be applied to top-flight players who were the best in the country at a particular time, which is fine, but not everyone shares that definition of the word.

It's a word that's thrown around way too lightly. 

Very few things or people reach legendary status, the only one that comes to mind is the McRib .

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Its the reason I moved to Germany 

Haven't seen one here forever, we get screwed at McDonald's here, screwed.

As a side, we're not fans of McDonald's, 1st time there in ages....I picked one up for my lad weds lunchtime and I could not believe my eyes, it resembled the Calais port, didn't feel safe at all. 

Everything and I mean everything is the fault of Man City (haha, always on topic, eat my shorts).

• Like 1

No mcshrimp in the UK either

Its crazy expensive in Germany though, my usual UK order of a big tasty meal, milkshake with 9 nuggets is about £12

Their app with the specials though usually does 2 x McRib 1x fries and a coke for about £9 though 

They have been doing a signature range burger that's prawns and avacado...not being pregnant I can't bring myself to do it 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

While true I still wouldn't say Akinfenwa is a legend for any of his clubs. He never got 20 goals a season but has earned an online cult following. Similar to people calling Hutton a legend

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

No mcshrimp in the UK either

Its crazy expensive in Germany though, my usual UK order of a big tasty meal, milkshake with 9 nuggets is about £12

Their app with the specials though usually does 2 x McRib 1x fries and a coke for about £9 though 

They have been doing a signature range burger that's prawns and avacado...not being pregnant I can't bring myself to do it 

I'd definitely be up for a mcrib and the prawn and avocado. 

My order was a large chicken nugget meal, a double cheese burger, side of cheese bites and I had a wrap £10.76. Prob about £8 if it wasn't for shiteh🤪

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

While true I still wouldn't say Akinfenwa is a legend for any of his clubs. He never got 20 goals a season but has earned an online cult following. Similar to people calling Hutton a legend

That's still defining 'legend' as a matter of playing ability though. Again, I'm not saying that way of defining it is 'wrong', just that not everyone shares it.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Yes, exactly.  He is exceptionally well known given his lower-league standing.  He's still playing in his late 30's having gone through about 20 clubs and probably playing 600 odd games.  There really are very, very, very few lower league players who are as widely known, let alone people being able to describe his playing style, who he supports, etc etc

Personally, I don't tend to use the word "legend", but I think it's been distorted by people purely applying it to achievement.

Edited by bobzy

6 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

No… I just hate Pep and Man City and will take any opportunity to have a pop at him/them…

In this case, it’s that he is sycophantic media bumsniffer

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

That's still defining 'legend' as a matter of playing ability though. Again, I'm not saying that way of defining it is 'wrong', just that not everyone shares it.

You’re right… Forgive me…

My mate Pete is a legend because he went out to buy doughnuts once and came back with some Chinese chicken thighs and a banoffee pie as well…

Pete can’t play football for shit

• Like 1

Â