Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

2 hours ago, tomav84 said:

did have a nosey on bluemoon, was curious to know what the feeling was because it just doesn't make sense how all other club is packed out for CL games but they aren't. the number of posters that simply said they can't be arsed was shocking. it wasn't a million years ago that they were a nothing club, now the most prestigious club competition in the world is just not good enough

i hope they never win it. they don't deserve it. say what you want about liverpool fans, they really relish those european nights

Blue Moon is hilarious.  They genuinely believe there's a media conspiracy against them that is constantly pedalling falsities about them and all their business is in actual fact whiter than white and above board.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Blue Moon is hilarious.  They genuinely believe there's a media conspiracy against them that is constantly pedalling falsities about them and all their business is in actual fact whiter than white and above board.

You would wonder how many are actually going to games or live locally

16 minutes ago, Xela said:

What happened to the genuine Citeh fans? The ones that used to support them in the third tier, not so long ago?

Can't afford it at all or that often or they got old and can't be bothered. My two guesses.

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

They're just not a particularly well supported club

They’re not in the same bracket as the likes of Liverpool, United, Bayern etc. but they’re currently one of the better supported clubs in this country aren’t they? Top 6 in terms of gates, I’d wager.

I smell a conspiracy theory...

Theyve signed the most exciting English player, failed to get the best English player

They've let other fans mock them on social media, the likes of lad bible, even us on here, we've circulated the notion that anyone can get man City tickets, they go on general sale every game, they're not expensive either, if you're in Manchester and want to go watch some world class football you can, I can, anyone can, pep himself has told the world that anyone can go watch city vs Southampton this weekend 

But the ticket sales aren't that bad... Not selling out but not disgracing themselves, the idea that it's bad generates the idea that it's easy 

How many people with absolutely no association with city will try and buy tickets vs psg on the back of this weeks attendance and how it's made the news? 

This is a ploy not to necessarily immediately grow their fanbase but get enough day trippers in to fill the place while they slowly continue to get bigger 

I love how ridiculed they're getting from all quarters but best of all their fans really can't take it.

Enjoy all your lonely soulless trophies that nobody even cares about it 👍

Edited by Wainy316
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Surely that Athletic "journo" who threw a tantrum against the Villa fans should be out supporting the City fans

Apparently he's not actually a City fan himself.  A big like Greg the Baggie Evans that we have.

17 hours ago, blandy said:

They still go - I know a few.

The thing is they've gone in maybe 15 years from a 30+K sort of club to regularly getting 50+k people in the ground. That's a hell of an increase, really. It's not like Spurs or Arsenal where their grounds were always too small for them, they've genuinely grown their supporter base by a lot. It's a bit more like West Ham, where the lure of cheap tickets will attract people to games at their bigger stadium, but it won't take much for them to drift away, either.

Another thing is the regularity of winning - they're basically spoilt and the "meaning" of the games is less. And then a lot of them hate UEFA and the Champions League for going after them for FFP breaches but leaving UEFA's "favoured" clubs alone.

Thanks for posting this. Pretty much what I wanted to say. Overnight, they added more than 50% of seats by switching grounds. Would be like us increasing to 60k plus this season and wondering why theres 15 to 20k empty seats. It's better that it's not filled by glory hunters, but it will do increasingly if they sustain their current position.

• Like 1

Â