Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

With all this attendance problem stuff I dont know why the didn't need grealish stuff hasn't gone away

They really need him

Edit - 100% agree with the rest of the post though

Every club on the planet needs Jack, he has to be the most marketable player after the big few, he will make a big difference now he's at a media darling club. I honestly think they got him cheap.

• Like 2

I’m waiting for Man City to report a “full house” but then TV pictures go show lots of empty seats.

Yes, some people decide not to go, but I bet there’s a few thousand seats purchased by “somebody” but not used.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I’m waiting for Man City to report a “full house” but then TV pictures go show lots of empty seats.

Yes, some people decide not to go, but I bet there’s a few thousand seats purchased by “somebody” but not used.

I think they will become (already have) a constant figure of fun, there is no getting away from what they represent and most genuine people despise them for it, they have one redeemable quality and that's how they move the ball around for 90 minutes, everything else about them and the way they operate leaves a nasty taste. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Every club on the planet needs Jack, he has to be the most marketable player after the big few, he will make a big difference now he's at a media darling club. I honestly think they got him cheap.

Need to remember the point of Man City and PSG. They are effectively brought by investment funds to promote their region, businesses and despite corruption, deaths, human rights etc paint their place in a positive yet powerful light. 

It's no coincidence after a bit of bad press around the Super League they've gone for Jack Grealish (new media sensation) and Harry Kane who was the super squeaky clean England pin up boy. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

Need to remember the point of Man City and PSG. They are effectively brought by investment funds to promote their region, businesses and despite corruption, deaths, human rights etc paint their place in a positive yet powerful light. 

It's no coincidence after a bit of bad press around the Super League they've gone for Jack Grealish (new media sensation) and Harry Kane who was the super squeaky clean England pin up boy. 

The thing that annoys me as much as any of that is the hypocritical nature of the media, its not even a thing, never gets discussed and when they are about to leave and form the super league, boom they're on them, then they are regarded as effectively being the bigger person from withdrawing and slumping it with the rest of us.

They spend 250m on Jack and Harry and its wow, look at the ambition, we are lucky to have them and Pep etc etc 

Scumbags.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, pas5898 said:

If Grealish can force a move from us; then Rice will leave West Ham, ASM will leave a newcastle, Maddison will leave Leicester, DCL Everton, Philips will leave Leeds when a Man City really go in. Its just a matter of time and every fan now knows that. 

Isn't this how football has always been?

The best players have always left their clubs for better clubs. Dwight Yorke left us for Man Utd 20 years ago

I'm not saying it isn't a bad thing. Just that Man City didn't invent buying good players

(side note: Grealish didn't "force" a move)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Isn't this how football has always been?

The best players have always left their clubs for better clubs. Dwight Yorke left us for Man Utd 20 years ago

I'm not saying it isn't a bad thing. Just that Man City didn't invent buying good players

(side note: Grealish didn't "force" a move)

Fair point. But Man United are an organically big club. Man City are a manufactured club who are now outrunning organically big clubs. They snuck in the door just before the whole ecosystem was closed by Uefa. 

I believe the superleague was in part to stop these state clubs, as there was wage caps and restrictions on buying each others players. 

I'll ignore the Grealish comment for the sake of this thread 😅.

7 hours ago, pas5898 said:

This is further proof that "super clubs", brand, oil money, FFP, media and CL finances are destroying any chance of another team joining the elite, or your club holding onto an elite player.

Fans are irrelevant, "size of club" is irrelevant. Its all pushed from a new circular economy. 

If Grealish can force a move from us; then Rice will leave West Ham, ASM will leave a newcastle, Maddison will leave Leicester, DCL Everton, Philips will leave Leeds when a Man City really go in. Its just a matter of time and every fan now knows that. 

5nsi8x.jpg

Was there for the cup game last night. Lovely, brand spanking new soulless stadium. Wycombe made more noise. 

Was sat right in front of some boxes and there was music coming out of one constantly, not too much of a distraction for us but surely others. Why would you go and watch a game and have music on all the way through, kind of shows the mentality of some of the plastic fans.

Pep is such a media bumsniffer…

Calling Akinfenwa “a legend of English football”…

Piss off Pep… He’s not a legend… He’s popular and well known because he is f**king massive and comes across as a friendly bloke… Don’t think that quite qualifies him for “legend” status…

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

Piss off Pep… He’s not a legend… He’s popular and well known because he is f**king massive and comes across as a friendly bloke… Don’t think that quite qualifies him for “legend” status…

Almost like a sort of... legend, right?

38 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

Not at all…

So you’re putting Akinfenwa up there with the likes of Shearer, Wright and Seaman (just to name three) as a legend of the English game?

I reckon he could take all three at once.  So yeah.

2 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

Total sycophant.

Â