Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

Very similar messages. Seems like they are told what to say? 

PL footballers barely have access to their social media passwords anymore.

There's a social media team that does all this for them. Sure they're probably barely literate

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Xela said:

Very similar messages. Seems like they are told what to say? 

I very much doubt athletes write their own Twitter posts. It will be a media manager who deals with the fans on their official account. Too much can go wrong otherwise. 

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

I very much doubt athletes write their own Twitter posts. It will be a media manager who deals with the fans on their official account. Too much can go wrong otherwise. 

100%, theres no way Sterling is this good at spelling, no way.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

The top players will have it managed and will take instructions from the club. I feel several Villa players manage their own though going off Cash and McGinn's posts yesterday. 

I think our club trusts the players to do the right thing on social media. Other clubs may want a more rigid corporate output. 

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

I think our club trusts the players to do the right thing on social media. Other clubs may want a more rigid corporate output. 

It'll be one of the ways of setting ourselves apart and offering a (small) competive advantage to us. If we show we offer players freedom to express themselves or support them with international leave it can potentially help be a reason to choose us over another club. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LondonLax said:

I think they probably write some of them (eg Jack's 'liking' of tweets and Instagram posts he shouldn't have liked, his response to that Preece article) but yes, the majority of the content will be written by a media manager.

6 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

Yeh but that's how they are cooking the numbers. I've seen they say they have a 95% attendance on avg but everytime you watch Man City at home you can visably see plenty of empty seats. 

You quite often see the attendance around the 50k mark announced on home matchdays which would be 90%+  when in reality I would guess it looks closer to 75-80% (maybe lower) full and that can't just be down to people not turning up. 

we don't know what their season ticket resale system is (if even there is one)

there were several empty seats at VP yesterday, presumably from season ticket holders unaware of the resale system

not saying your theory is wrong, just playing devils advocate

8 hours ago, tomav84 said:

not sure about buying their own tickets, but every single ground in the country calculates attendance this way

They do, but they also do the number of people actually in attendance. The figures released to the press etc. are normally the tickets sold, or that's how it used to be. The small variation when the fixture is "sold out" (as all our game have been) is likely down to tickets reserved for players guests, or for scouts not being taken up, or for boxes not being full - that kind of thing (and obviously if the away club doesn't completely sell their allocation and returns a few - I mean it looked like Brentford had a few more empty seats that either Everton or Newcastle, though it was only a small handful right in the corner by the North stand.

Manchester City generally sell out their home seats for league games.

Just got round to watching MOTD, games gone.

Shiteh given a point there and var trying to give them 3. Stonewall penalty for Southampton, how can var and the ref change that other then for corruption purposes. Then at the end, disallowed goal for being a yard offside taken to var to see if they can get away with giving it.

Must have been some serious money lumped on a shiteh win over in Macau.

34 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Just got round to watching MOTD, games gone.

Shiteh given a point there and var trying to give them 3. Stonewall penalty for Southampton, how can var and the ref change that other then for corruption purposes. Then at the end, disallowed goal for being a yard offside taken to var to see if they can get away with giving it.

Must have been some serious money lumped on a shiteh win over in Macau.

It wasn't a stone wall penalty. Armstrong is already going down before Walker arrives.

You could argue through that it's not a clear and obvious mistake by the referee and the VAR should not get involved.

Is the "clear and obvious" rule still a thing?

9 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

It wasn't a stone wall penalty. Armstrong is already going down before Walker arrives.

You could argue through that it's not a clear and obvious mistake by the referee and the VAR should not get involved.

Is the "clear and obvious" rule still a thing?

From the refs angle its a stonewall pen, nearly 150 years after his death, General Jackson could still it, var not needed.

Clear and obvious is only used to benefit a few clubs.

1 minute ago, Czarnikjak said:

Every pen decision gets checked by default.

The question is what happen to clear and obvious rule.

Well yes exactly it’s such a clear and obvious red and pen really struggle to understand what they’ve seen to over turn it. 

2 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

Every pen decision gets checked by default.

The question is what happen to clear and obvious rule.

That's what I mean too, sorry. My original point was more on a sarcastic and emotional level as to to the game being messed up so much. By the vagueness of the current set of rules, almost any decision can be interpreted one way or the other to suit a particular agenda.

10 hours ago, Panto_Villan said:

It could just be that people buy them and don't turn up. Not exactly beyond the realms of possiblity if the tickets are cheap and the fans are plastic.

When attendances are anticipated low, they literally give tickets away to students, local groups etc. A colleagues son and friends who are fresher students at Manc, were given tickets to go to the Leipzig game. Which explains the extraordinary quiet atmosphere. 

Also agree, selling a season in advance and cheap means fans might not turn up. Seen it before with arsenal declaring sellouts when the stadium is clearly 10k down. 

Â