Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

16 hours ago, The_Steve said:

£250k pw contract. Madness. 

That's the problem when you pay your star player £400k a week 

He's now not starting every game so his argument for it is weaker but if you are a regular man City starter £250k must be close to the going rate, sterling, grealish, De Bruyne all on more still

As for not starting, he's not as good as Dias, I'm guessing laporte is getting the nod because he's left footed 

On 13/09/2021 at 08:35, villa4europe said:

That's the problem when you pay your star player £400k a week 

He's now not starting every game so his argument for it is weaker but if you are a regular man City starter £250k must be close to the going rate, sterling, grealish, De Bruyne all on more still

As for not starting, he's not as good as Dias, I'm guessing laporte is getting the nod because he's left footed 

and a better defender imo

5 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

LOL

'Please come, we'll wait a few minutes before we play 1000 more passes than Southampton and score 5 surprisingly joyless goals, it'll be fun, honest'

Also, I have to say their stadium announcer is extremely cringe. And calling him 'Super Jackie Grealish' is quite annoying, get your own nicknames you joyless corporate saddos.

It is annoying, but we did borrow the Super John McGinn nickname from Hibs so not sure we can complain to much on that bit. 

5 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

LOL

'Please come, we'll wait a few minutes before we play 1000 more passes than Southampton and score 5 surprisingly joyless goals, it'll be fun, honest'

Also, I have to say their stadium announcer is extremely cringe. And calling him 'Super Jackie Grealish' is quite annoying, get your own nicknames you joyless corporate saddos.

Wow, begging for people to come and watch. Maybe they should spend some of their trillions on understanding why they can’t fill the ground.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Just watched the highlights of their game last night - man, that atmosphere is absolutely dead.  Each goal is "celebrated" with an incredibly muted and expectant "yay".

Obviously successful, but what a **** shit club Man City are these days.

Funnily enough the atmosphere was way better in the early 2000's when they were a mid table club.

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Bit funny that people were bashing City for spending 100 M on one player when Arsenal outspent them.

It really isn't that much money for a big club in this market.

Why does it matter if you spend 100 M on one player versus 25 M on 4 players?

I mean none of it 'matters' really, we're all just wasting time talking shit about shit, but the difference between a £100m player and 4 £25m players is that the former will nearly always be much better, and will not be attainable or realistic for a club who can get the 4 guys no problem.

Edited by HanoiVillan

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

I mean none of it 'matters' really, we're all just wasting time talking shit about shit, but the difference between a £100m player and 4 £25m players is that the former will nearly always be much better, and will not be attainable or realistic for a club who can get the 4 guys no problem.

And City added that £100m to their £1bn squad... 

I'm so happy for them that after spending £200m on them they finally got a great RB in cancelo 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Still reeling from the Grealish sale, it is difficult not to come across salty - BUT - every instance of the likes we are discussing now actually makes things like the Grealish sale more bearable. Football is about ups and downs, success and despair - not to be too dramatic, but life and death (in a metaphorical sense). Citeh are the equivalent of a vampire, all powerful, but without a warm beating heart, reliant on taking blood from others, aloft in a high castle, yet lonely and unloved.

I've had too much coffee.

Yeah, there's not really many downs being a Man City fan.  I guess they're disappointed that they don't win the CL - but that will absolutely happen at some point.  What then?  Will they need to win everything or be considered to have failed?  It's probably why you get these muted atmospheres at their ground.  Probably only really gets lively when it's against an on-paper closely matched team (Chelsea, Liverpool, Man Utd, Bayern etc) but otherwise just a bunch of people sat on their phones and politely "yay"ing when a goal is scored.

There's part of me that is envious of their trophy haul - and it must be great seeing your side win the Premier League - but it must be incredibly dull being a Man CIty fan.  No rollercoaster, just success or failure and nothing in between.  They wouldn't be happy at finishing 2nd in the league.  I just can't imagine that.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Just watched the highlights of their game last night - man, that atmosphere is absolutely dead.  Each goal is "celebrated" with an incredibly muted and expectant "yay".

Obviously successful, but what a **** shit club Man City are these days.

It was the same when they demolished Arsenal, atmosphere was so flat.

Compare it to our first season back up where every goal and win was celebrated like a cup final.

I think it comes down to the fact that because their squad is so over powered the fan base fully expect to beat everyone, and where’s the fun in that?

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

It was the same when they demolished Arsenal, atmosphere was so flat.

Compare it to our first season back up where every goal and win was celebrated like a cup final.

I think it comes down to the fact that because their squad is so over powered the fan base fully expect to beat everyone, and where’s the fun in that?

It was a better atmosphere when Mancini was there

• Like 1

Â