Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

52 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Unfair, because under Southgate, we closed the gap back between us and Spurs and surpassed Liverpool again I believe.

Unfair, one was a future citeh player that needed an image boost for forthcoming mega brand association sponsorships, another was a flavour of the month BLM PR job, Southgate was told to pick them 100%, fairplay to TM, his stats are impressive for England, still gets treated like shite imo. 

Southgate is a gargantuan ignoramus with all the talent of marathon running fatboy.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Unfair, one was a future citeh player that needed an image boost for forthcoming mega brand association sponsorships, another was a flavour of the month BLM PR job, Southgate was told to pick them 100%, fairplay to TM, his stats are impressive for England, still gets treated like shite imo. 

Southgate is a gargantuan ignoramus with all the talent of marathon running fatboy.

There's also Watkins and Heaton. Also Mings got his first cap well before the Floyd incident and BLM so that's also unfair. Right after we got promoted actually which is quite remarkable for a defender if you think about it.

Just now, Keyblade said:

There's also Watkins and Heaton. Also Mings got his first cap well before the Floyd incident and BLM so that's also unfair. Right after we got promoted actually which is quite remarkable for a defender if you think about it.

Completely agree, I haven't had a pop at big nose for a while and this seemed like a good spot.

I think TM is underrated and makes more sense for a Southgate team then Stones and Maguire, I'd much prefer TM in and switch one of the DMs for an 8, I'd drop.sterling for another 8 too and go 433, we should be obliterating most teams.

Hope he continues down the Watkins route, miles above anyone else below Harry Kant. 

Sorry to have jumped on your post Mr Keyblade.

Anyway I'm way OT.

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

Completely agree, I haven't had a pop at big nose for a while and this seemed like a good spot.

I think TM is underrated and makes more sense for a Southgate team then Stones and Maguire, I'd much prefer TM in and switch one of the DMs for an 8, I'd drop.sterling for another 8 too and go 433, we should be obliterating most teams.

Hope he continues down the Watkins route, miles above anyone else below Harry Kant. 

Sorry to have jumped on your post Mr Keyblade.

Anyway I'm way OT.

I would have Mings over Stones, if only because he's match fit and Stones can't even get into his club side at the moment, but there's still a big club bias, not as strong as previous managers but it's there. Previous managers wouldn't have even called him up. I think Konsa isn't too far behind for a cap right now too.

9 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I would have Mings over Stones, if only because he's match fit and Stones can't even get into his club side at the moment, but there's still a big club bias, not as strong as previous managers but it's there. Previous managers wouldn't have even called him up. I think Konsa isn't too far behind for a cap right now too.

Agree that Konza will be overlooked, white will become 3rd choice unfairly to others.

I really do think that the big sponsors behind the big clubs have got the FA in their pockets and apply a lot of pressure to pick players, within reason though, even Southgate will demand a little balance to it, although he does his utmost to contradict this.

16 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Agree that Konza will be overlooked, white will become 3rd choice unfairly to others.

I really do think that the big sponsors behind the big clubs have got the FA in their pockets and apply a lot of pressure to pick players, within reason though, even Southgate will demand a little balance to it, although he does his utmost to contradict this.

White was very good at Brighton and deservedly called up to the England squad.  Nothing "unfair" about it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Speaking as someone who really likes Mings, and wants to praise and support him as far as possible - the idea that he's better than Stones is miles off, sorry.

10 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Stones is an absolute Rolls Royce centre back. He should be starting every England game if he's fit 

He's Pickford with better hair.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Speaking as someone who really likes Mings, and wants to praise and support him as far as possible - the idea that he's better than Stones is miles off, sorry.

Don't see why it couldn't be true. I don't necessarily think one is clear of the other, but lest we forget, before Ruben Diaz revived his reputation recently, Stones was constantly derided for his poor defending and considered a weak link in City's defence along with Otamendi. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Don't see why it couldn't be true. I don't necessarily think one is clear of the other, but lest we forget, before Ruben Diaz revived his reputation recently, Stones was constantly derided for his poor defending and considered a weak link in City's defence along with Otamendi. 

Stones is just better at keeping possession and distributing from defence, which for England as for Man City is more important than anything else because we have more possession in most games. If Mings played for Man City, he'd also be 3rd or 4th choice at the end of the day.

22 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Useless in the air and was bullied a few times recently by Anwar. 

19 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Stones is just better at keeping possession and distributing from defence, which for England as for Man City is more important than anything else because we have more possession in most games. If Mings played for Man City, he'd also be 3rd or 4th choice at the end of the day.

Declan Rice is even better, why not play him there? Didn't mean for that to sound so flippant, but what I'm getting at is that there should be a balance between ability on the ball vs defending I think. He might be better in possession, but at what cost? 

Besides, I think Mings is pretty good in possession as he shows for England when he isn't being asked by Dean Smith to play the ball into the channels for Ollie Watkins. 

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Declan Rice is even better, why not play him there? Didn't mean for that to sound so flippant, but what I'm getting at is that there should be a balance between ability on the ball vs defending I think. He might be better in possession, but at what cost? 

Besides, I think Mings is pretty good in possession as he shows for England when he isn't being asked by Dean Smith to play the ball into the channels for Ollie Watkins. 

I think Stones and Macguire distribution is  better 

• Like 1

Â