Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

3 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Soulless is the word you're looking for Genie.

We're a long way off it if ever but, if we were to achieve such heights, doing it with Dean Smith and keeping with the tradition of the club, the whole place would glow.

City have simply bought their way to where they are, the owners could have picked any shell to achieve what they have, its about the owners and money and has no real heart or identity. I guess they picked City to be close to utd and the rivalry that was marketable. Hard to argue with trophies but I doubt real utd fans consider City as their true rivals.

I'm the same, they picked city because utd were famous globally, their first marketing campaign was noisy neighbours, red vs blue, Manchester vs Manchester, it was a direct piggy back 

No doubt the stadium helped

I think even something simple like "Everton" not having the city in the name put them out of contention

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I'm the same, they picked city because utd were famous globally, their first marketing campaign was noisy neighbours, red vs blue, Manchester vs Manchester, it was a direct piggy back 

No doubt the stadium helped

I think even something simple like "Everton" not having the city in the name put them out of contention

I think it was an admin screw up, go, go, go and buy Manchester, how was the gopher to know there were two of them.

3 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I think it was an admin screw up, go, go, go and buy Manchester, how was the gopher to know there were two of them.

I remember Robinho said he didn’t know there were 2 clubs in Manchester when he signed and he thought he was joining United.

Edited by Genie
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Just watched the highlights of their game last night - man, that atmosphere is absolutely dead.  Each goal is "celebrated" with an incredibly muted and expectant "yay".

Obviously successful, but what a **** shit club Man City are these days.

They really should add some goal music 😉

1 hour ago, Genie said:

It was the same when they demolished Arsenal, atmosphere was so flat.

Compare it to our first season back up where every goal and win was celebrated like a cup final.

I think it comes down to the fact that because their squad is so over powered the fan base fully expect to beat everyone, and where’s the fun in that?

there probably are a number of city fans that remember the league 1 days. wonder how they feel now? surely there are some that still pinch themselves that they are this successful aren't there?

i know it's slightly different but i'm still absolutely relishing being in the PL. those championship years have taught me not to take this for granted. i wonder if there are city fans that feel similar.

its very bizarre. it's not like they've even developed a big tourist following to pack the stadium out. even spurs had that...they were getting 80k when they were playing wembley

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

Just watched the highlights of their game last night - man, that atmosphere is absolutely dead.  Each goal is "celebrated" with an incredibly muted and expectant "yay".

Obviously successful, but what a **** shit club Man City are these days.

I watched it and felt embarrassed at the stadium announcer

"Your Manchester City goalscorer, our number 10 super Jackie Grealish"

JACKIE!

20 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

I watched it and felt embarrassed at the stadium announcer

"Your Manchester City goalscorer, our number 10 super Jackie Grealish"

JACKIE!

Him mumbling along, barely audible, when announcing the Leipzig players made me laugh. It reminded me of a young child being forced to apologise.

3 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Pep begging supporters to attend their next game in the post-match is hilarious 

did have a nosey on bluemoon, was curious to know what the feeling was because it just doesn't make sense how all other club is packed out for CL games but they aren't. the number of posters that simply said they can't be arsed was shocking. it wasn't a million years ago that they were a nothing club, now the most prestigious club competition in the world is just not good enough

i hope they never win it. they don't deserve it. say what you want about liverpool fans, they really relish those european nights

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

did have a nosey on bluemoon, was curious to know what the feeling was because it just doesn't make sense how all other club is packed out for CL games but they aren't. the number of posters that simply said they can't be arsed was shocking. it wasn't a million years ago that they were a nothing club, now the most prestigious club competition in the world is just not good enough

i hope they never win it. they don't deserve it. say what you want about liverpool fans, they really relish those european nights

They were offering student tickets for just £12.50 for yesterday’s game via UniDays. Still couldn’t sell out. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58586684

Manchester City: Pep Guardiola's call for more home fans 'uncalled for', says supporters group

A leading Manchester City supporters group says manager Pep Guardiola's call for more fans to attend their Premier League game with Southampton is "disappointing and uncalled for".

"He [Guardiola] is absolutely the best coach in the world but, in the nicest possible way, I think maybe he should stick to that."

Â