What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

Yeah I remember you and Gareth waxing lyrical about it so I thought I'd give it a shot.

As for Majora's Mask, I really loved it. The time element was fun but it wasn't really all that punishing, I thought.

Picked up Evolve after trading in stuff I'd completed last week.  Its ruddy hard!  Must have played about 10 solo games to try and get used to it and final won 2 after 8 straight defeats.  Its not your usual shooter game, loving the hunting aspect of the game which make the confrontations with the monsters all the more exciting.  I'll have a few goes online tonight if I get a chance.  But I know theres more content out for Resogun tomorrow and The Order is out Friday.

Just started Far Cry 3 really enjoying it, after completing Tales of Xillia I was going to play the 2nd one but I got draw to Far Cry 3 after watching them playing Far Cry 4 on Ginx

I can appreciate it for the classic it is bit I just never got on with majoras mask at all. Nothing I hate more than time limits and deadlines and stuff. It's why pikmin will always be good but not great.

I liked Majora's mask. Generally I don't think you get bad Zelda games.

But it was too complicated for me. The way you got some of the masks were just ridiculously hard.

Also, I ruined the ending for myself

I thought you had to get all the masks to finish the game. So I had to use a walkthrough to get the final few as they're so complicated (which pained me as I HATE using walkthroughs for anything)

But once you get all the masks you can transform in to that big scary **** and it makes the final boss fight a piece of piss.

So was a bit of an anti climax

Maybe it's a one or the other thing.

I could never get on with final fantasy myself for example. To me there's no gameplay in that.

The only gameplay in FFVII for example, was in the fights. But even those I've never understood personally. I know there's strategy to the, but turn based RPGs I've always found incredibly dull.

I prefer fights to be fights.

Each to their own and all that.

Memories of playing OoT will live with me forever. Best game ever.

i think zelda games are samey personally, i dont like the go to dungeon 1, get an item that lets you go to dungeon 2, get an item that lets you go to dungeon 3...

played a few of them though, used to love the 2D ones, played a bit of wind waker, missed the N64 ones, played a bit of the wii one and hated it

They are samey to be fair, but I guess it's just a winning formula. It just works. And the ones where they've strayed from that formula (Majora's mask for example) tend to be the weaker games so I guess it's understandable that they go back.

N64 ones were the absolute peak.

I played Twilight Princess on the Wii, but it was really a Gamecube release, and thought that was superb. Never played Skyward sword.

Zelda, Link to the Past, OoT, Windwaker and Twilight Princess are all superb games.

• Like 2

I don't really touch "fantasy" games (much more a sports guy, or certain strategy games), but Ocarina of Time is probably the best game I've ever played.  More than likely partly due to being younger (obviously), but I was completely immersed in it.  That and Goldeneye.  Worth buying an N64 for alone.

If you love the original then buy the HD remake of Perfect Dark from XBLA, which I worked on and is brilliant AND has online multiplayer (not sure if there's much of a community on it, mind).

PDZ sucks monkey nuts.

Definitely do this its far better

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Â