What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

Saw something the other week claiming that game has saved dynasty warriors, sales were going to shit, samurai warriors was doing nothing and that game has been a huge success, hopefully more crossovers on the way

Superb game mate. I hope so. Would love a sonic vs mario one

I'd heard that actually. Haven't played it since the IAP update.  Probably a good thing for me personally because the game was the scourge of my battery a couple of years ago. 

I've not had much experience of the game post update, I noticed the changes so quickly I couldn't stand it.

It's particularly blatant about it as well. The game quickly becomes a chore to play unless you want to keep pumping in cash. Given that this fundamentally altered a game I had paid for, changing it's nature post purchase into something I no longer felt able to enjoy due to the developers greed (who subsequently made feeble attempts to justify it), I shan't give any other title by him a second of my time, and would urge others do the same.

Hearthstone seems to have gone live on iPhone and Android phones in the past couple of hours (was previously out on iPad and Android tablets).   If you want a new game, there's your answer. It's great fun. 

So I'm on the last chapter of Monument Valley Forgotten Shores having successfully completed every chapter...and now I'm totally stumped. Clearly they meant it to be the hardest, but I'm on day three of trying to solve this. A beautiful struggle.

Anyone going to bother with Mortal Kombat?

Wouldn't mind playing it but its not a 50 quid game for me.

It's a good Mortal Kombat, perhaps mechanically the best (it's a far far faster game than 9) adding variations and some extras from Injustice.

It's not flawless though. There's an overarching feeling of additional content and more and more features there to make you want to pay more. The Kombat Pass is OK, although the characters added aren't great. Goro is DLC, the Krypt has been made difficult and long winded to encourage you to buy the unlock everything add on, theres a 30 'easy fatalities' consumable add on, there's skins galore, and then you play game and notice loads of old traditional characters actually feature in game bit aren't playable, despite having full move sets and animations etc. Given how much else they want to nickel and dime, you'd be hard pressed not to expect all these characters to be paid DLC in the beat future.

The game itself looks and plays well, has the now expected excellent story mode (though a weaker story) and numerous other modes, the variations mix things up... There's a bunch of new characters, and I'd be lying if I said many of them are hits. D'Vorah is an early stand out, Kotal Khan is either crap or OK depending on variation, the same is true of all the 'kid' characters, Ferra/Torr is a decent character wrapped in an incredibly irritating suit... Etc etc. They'd have been better off binning half of them and bringing back some of the old favourites.

I think the inevitable Komplete Edition next year is actually going to be a good buy. As it is it's a hobbled great. Very good gameplay coupled to hideous paid extra content out of it's arse and lacklustre editions to it's roster.

Started the order, it's a stunning game, the character models are good, the world is well designed with lots of detail, the set up is really good... and yet it's all a bit boring, I'm sure in chapter 2 nothing actually happened, I just walked about a bit and talked to tesla

Real shame, everything is in place and it feels like it's going to be wasted

i finished the order...

i can see where the criticism comes from, its too short, its far too cinematic for its own good, walking is not gameplay, the shooting / cover mechanics are nothing special, the QTEs are too much

but at the same time i really enjoyed it, its gorgeous, probably the best looking game so far this gen, the setting is awesome, the story is good, the characters are good, the guns are interesting, the whole thing just needed stretching, especially the "proper" game bits, its a real shame that i think its flopped so badly that they probably wont revisit it, the foundations are there for something really good IMO

biggest frustration - 

the fights with the lycans are all the same, in a warehouse with them running at you, really should have done more with them, if you were fighting them in the underground with the torch it would have been amazing, also not sure why they show you vampires but then dont have you fight them, if they'd have added another third on to the game where you were fighting lycans and vampires then it could have been brilliant, instead you got the really lame boss that wasnt even a boss QTE, and that was after picking up teslas new gun that you didnt even get to use!

Thomas Was Alone

This is excellent.

A perfect example of how graphics aren't paramount.

Finished it. lovely stuff.

Did the add on as well (Benjamin's Flight I think it was called). Much shorter but also much harder.

Thomas Was Alone

This is excellent.

A perfect example of how graphics aren't paramount.

I've been playing this game for the last few months -- savoring it, only allowing myself two or three levels per session, I don't want it to end. What a fantastic game. I never thought I'd be so emotionally invested in the lives of rectangles.

Â