What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

20 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Link's Awakening on the Game Boy Colour *cough*Emulator*cough*

Lovely stuff

Is that the one where you wake up in a house, get a shield, shield bash your way to your sword on the beach and then start cutting down everyone's grass hoping to find rupees so you can spend hours fishing?

28 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Is that the one where you wake up in a house, get a shield, shield bash your way to your sword on the beach and then start cutting down everyone's grass hoping to find rupees so you can spend hours fishing?

It is, I had it on the original Game Boy, adored it. Completely **** my game when I discovered the screen warp glitch mind you (pressing select precisely when the screen changes as you go up down left or right 'warps' you to the same spot on the opposite side of the next screen), dunno if that was in the GBC version though.

I've started replaying Mass Effect 2 (on the 360), as it's a game I love, but equally I never played the Citadel DLC in ME3 so want to get a new RenFemShep up to that point.

Edited by hogso

38 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

Yeah Wind Waker is the best Zelda game by far imo

I don't agree. OoT is the peak of gaming as a whole, let alone Zelda.

However, I would say that Windwaker has aged the best. Because of it's graphics style, it still looks fantastic today.

• Like 1

The Tri Force (see what I did there) of OoT, Goldeneye and Mario 64 versus the PS1 was the pinnacle of gaming.  So glad my household had both consoles.

Edited by Wainy316

The Windwaker is undermined by having the back third of the game missing. Ocarina is near enough perfect - Water Temple aside.

Windwaker does stand up better today graphically than Ocarina (which suffers N64 Vaseline vision and awful textures) but you'd be surprised how rough the GameCube original looks even with the art style. The Wii U version does a lot of subtle work to bring up to scratch, where it does legitimately look great.

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

The Tri Force (see what I did there) of OoT, Goldeneye and Mario 64 versus the PS1 was the pinnacle of gaming.  So glad my household had both consoles.

OoT and Goldeneye were just so, so good.

Right now I am juggling The Division doing all my daily quests and gearing up for the raids in a couple weeks with playing Dark Souls 3, haven't played enough of that though to give an honest impression other than more souls, more fun.. 

I always felt The (underrated) Twilight Princess was just basically a cinematic Ocarina of Time.

They're very similar games. In fact I'd argue the Twilight Princess is a better game, it just came later so (rightly) isn't held in high esteem.

I've been a massive Zelda fan since borrowing Link to the Past from a mate at school. Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess are both fantastic.

Will need to get Wind Waker again when we get a Wii U but, as mentioned above, a HD remake of OoT would be up there with the FFVII remake for me.

(The only thing left to do then is get the Resident Evil 2 remake when it comes out and I will be a pig in shit)

Edited by jacketspuds

Loving Borderlands 2 at the moment. Level 13 with some rather nifty weapons and a boss shield. (PS4)

FFIX is getting attention during lunch breaks and the such. Great you can pick up and play it on the phone without worrying about a save point (iPhone)

Once FFIX is complete I'll probably start a game on DQ8. Another favourite from the PS2 era.

53 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Ocarina for me was absolute brilliant game, if they could upgrade the graphics to 1080 wow it would be perfect

And get rid of the water temple.

• Like 2

Not a fan of Majora's Mask.

For me it crossed to the wrong side of that thin line between difficult and overly complicated.

Edit: that's too strong. I AM a fan of Majora's Mask. it's **** great and I have loads of fond memories of it. I meant relative to other Zelda games.

Edited by Stevo985

Majoras Mask is the black sheep of the family. It's actually very good, but was such a departure from the formula it rubbed a lot of people up the wrong way. They won't do something like it again unfortunately.

I liked the concept, I just felt a lot of the tasks, like a lot of the masks you had to find, were too complicated.

It wasn't like OoT where you'd get stuck but you'd know you could figure it out by retracing your steps or something. In MM, some stuff just seemed impossible to do without a walkthrough.

I specifically remember one of the masks was obtained by finding a stone circle somewhere. But not just that, you had to be there at a certain time, like one hour window on one day.

That's what I mean by overly complicated. 

Still loved it, but just wavered to the wrong side of that line.

I agree it's a bit impenetrable. I think it was designed with the idea that you'd be making notes of patterns in the day and characters and then investigate things. But nobody did. So you fall into using guides 

But still, it's a nice change of play style from the Zelda formula. The closest they've come to breaking it since was a Link Between Worlds. And all that did was say buy the boomerang etc and do the dungeons in any order you like.

Â