What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

im really struggling with it, so much of it seems pointlessly hard / beyond reasonable expectation that you'll understand what you need to do, feel like i watch it on youtube and then do it, might as well just watch youtube...

really liking the crew, ticks the obsessive gotta catch them all box which i love, the racing is nothing special (who needs to race cars when you can visit the 242 locations anyway?) annoyingly all the onscreen stats reset every play (there are challenges liek drive 100km in a european car, on the challenge screen it doesnt reset but on the HUD it does) lots of little bugs and annoyances that i think will stop me ever getting the full enjoyment out of the game which is a shame

should have lego batman 3 and that sherlock game waiting for me tonight

After the massive letdown that Destiny proved to be, I've been hopping around between DaSII, Dust 514 and my backlog. Kinda feel like I'm in stasis, finding myself unable to really get into anything other than Dust, and that's just masochism. Eagerly awaiting Bloodborne, Witcher 3, NMS and the like to justify grabbing a PS4 and getting excited about gaming again.

• Like 1

After the massive letdown that Destiny proved to be, I've been hopping around between DaSII, Dust 514 and my backlog. Kinda feel like I'm in stasis, finding myself unable to really get into anything other than Dust, and that's just masochism. Eagerly awaiting Bloodborne, Witcher 3, NMS and the like to justify grabbing a PS4 and getting excited about gaming again.

Same feeling here atm, need a new game to get excited about. PS4 hasnt been on for a couple weeks

Needed a new MMO to play now i've cancelled by WoW sub (again) so i've picked up Final Fantasy XIV on the PS4.

I'm looking forward to getting stuck into that one and it has mostly positive reviews so i'm confident it will be decent.

The only thing that concerns me slightly is using a controller on an MMO.

Needed a new MMO to play now i've cancelled by WoW sub (again) so i've picked up Final Fantasy XIV on the PS4.

I'm looking forward to getting stuck into that one and it has mostly positive reviews so i'm confident it will be decent.

I think the games controls lend themselves quite well to a console controller. I really enjoy it.

• Like 1

I recently returned to playing the game (about 3 weeks ago) with a bunch of mates on the Moogle server and love it all over again. It's especially fantastic with a pad - make sure you at least look for an in-depth pad tutorial on youtube as the game doesn't cover everything you can do with it. I play on PC and use a pad exclusively so if you want any tips, I'll happily provide them because it's got loads of hidden functionality. For example, the game will tell you to target enemies with the d-pad. Don't do this, instead while holding L2/R2 down (which activates your crossbar abilities at the same time), tap L1 or R1 to cycle through enemies on screen. A USB keyboard for your PS4 is something you should get though.

I also just got myself a New 3DSXL with Monster Hunter 4. Looking forward to getting stuck into that.

Edited by Sie
  • Like 1

Open this when you beat KOTOR

Just making sure you don't click by accident

The ending is the best bit!  (unless you saw it coming of course, but I doubt it as you'd have probably said in your post just now...)

• Like 1

It's been a while since I played but I was referring to the epic event which happens.  Is that not how the game ends? 

Also HK47 is one of the best characters in any game ever, it's almost a shame Bioware repurposed the joke so weakly in Mass Effect. 

• Like 1

There were 3 major events in the game;

1. Malak reveals you are Revan and the Jedi used the force to corrupt your mind and memory. This was the best moment for me as it was like the I am your Father moment of the game. I was expecting it to be that Bastila was a Sith undercover as I knew there was a plot twist at some point but this topped it.

2. The epic stand off when you meet Bastila on the top of the temple. I went full Dark so I let her live and join me as my apprentice.

3. The face off with Malak at the end. I ran out of medpacks, lifepacks, everything so this made it near impossible for me. Took me **** ages.

One of the best games I've played. If I played it at the time of release it would probably easily be my no.1. Just started KOTOR II, which I've read is just as good if you download a Mod adding game files that they cut from the game as it was rushed for a fall release. That sounds familiar..

Needn't have worried about the controller issues, it's very well done indeed.

As for the game? Excellent so far, really top notch and highly polished MMO.

I'm on the same server as you Sie, so send me lots of gold and stuff :mrgreen:

Good to hear you're enjoying it. What's your character name and I'll add you. I'm also a part of a decent guild too and could see about getting you into that when you're ready. In the meantime, I can invite you to the linkshell (fancy name for chat channel) me and some folk at Rllmuk use.

You should also find that most people who play this game aren't toxic arseholes. You're probably flagged as a new player to us all right now (the green leaf next to your name) so when you group or do duties/dungeons, piping up to ask what to do will usually result in a friendly explanation. It's beneficial for them not to be dicks as there is a player commendation system in the game that lets you praise people who impressed you for whatever reason and commendations lead to rewards.

Also, if you have access to mumble while you're playing, I'll be happy to jump on to explain other stuff and shoot the breeze.

Edited by Sie
  • Like 1

It's been a while since I played but I was referring to the epic event which happens.  Is that not how the game ends? 

Also HK47 is one of the best characters in any game ever, it's almost a shame Bioware repurposed the joke so weakly in Mass Effect. 

I just watched this and now regret taking that boring old guy Jolee with me everywhere just because he had a lightsaber :(

• Like 1

Carmageddon:Reincarnation finally moves into Beta with the full Career/Multiplayer modes unlocked.

Been playing the Alpha for a while now and it's a Carmageddon fan's wet dream.

Looking forward to clocking a few hours up and demolishing some cows  :D

Just came back from Game with a copy of Majora's Mask 3D and Diablo 3 for PS4, so that's what I'll be partaking in for the next few weeks.

Can't wait to get back to Termina. The nostalgia is real.

• Like 3

I can appreciate it for the classic it is bit I just never got on with majoras mask at all. Nothing I hate more than time limits and deadlines and stuff. It's why pikmin will always be good but not great.

Â