What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

Shadow of Mordor and Plants vs Zombies. The missus is addicted to PvZ so we are ticking out the split screen function. The most waves we've completed so far is 21.

Don't you ever leave her. A gaming wife is a good wife.
We used to play Sega together back in the day. I have no intention of letting her go.
  • Like 1

OMG there's a girl in the Gaming section...

Er... if you mean me, I'm definitely a bloke with a poorly chosen username based on the fact he's from the beautiful town of Nuneaton.

Best post :)

• Like 1

I was kidding, don't worry. I saw your post a couple of months back about where your username comes from ;)

I agree with what you say. I think I just prefer tighter games because they contribute to a better narrative and that's important for me. Skyrim is brilliant, just not the kind of game I like the best.

Shadow of Mordor and Plants vs Zombies. The missus is addicted to PvZ so we are ticking out the split screen function. The most waves we've completed so far is 21.

Don't you ever leave her. A gaming wife is a good wife.

Which is why I intend to make Jessica Chobot my wife.

• Like 1

I was kidding, don't worry. I saw your post a couple of months back about where your username comes from ;)

I agree with what you say. I think I just prefer tighter games because they contribute to a better narrative and that's important for me. Skyrim is brilliant, just not the kind of game I like the best.

I think I agree with you. I get that whole ludo-narrative dissonance thing with big rpg games like Skyrim. On the one hand I want to experience the story, but on the other I want to explore and see as much of the game as I can. So I always reach a point where I've worked my way through most of the main questline and there's just the final mission left, but I've also got a whole bunch of side-quests to do. The narrative has reached a crescendo, demanding that I work quickly to defeat the world-threatening evil, but if I do then I can't finish the side quests. So there's always a period where I'm like "Yes, I know that Lord Xxargquan has gained access to the innermost sanctum of the Moon Temple and is threatening to unleash the Bloodstorm across the five nations of Zyncathia and I'm the only one who can prevent the deaths of millions, but I've got to collect these ten bear arses before I go." Like I said, ludo-narrative dissonance.

• Like 1

Ha, I do feel a bit like that but then the fear of whether or not these side quests are going to be playable after I progress through a certain part of the main narrative surfaces and my OCD gives in so I end up doing sidequest after sidequest and by the time I'm done I've almost forgotten what the last part of the main story mission entailed.

It's not a criticism from me, it's an absolutely beautiful and brilliant game. I'm glad there are games out there like this, but give me something like The Last of Us or Uncharted any day. The Rocksteady Arkham games are a bit of an anomaly. Asylum was definitely tighter, hence why I enjoyed it more, but I still though City was an absolute blast despite the open world dynamic and the multitude of sidequests. It just never felt like they were interrupting.

Edited by Ginko

I think I agree with you. I get that whole ludo-narrative dissonance thing with big rpg games like Skyrim. On the one hand I want to experience the story, but on the other I want to explore and see as much of the game as I can. So I always reach a point where I've worked my way through most of the main questline and there's just the final mission left, but I've also got a whole bunch of side-quests to do. The narrative has reached a crescendo, demanding that I work quickly to defeat the world-threatening evil, but if I do then I can't finish the side quests. So there's always a period where I'm like "Yes, I know that Lord Xxargquan has gained access to the innermost sanctum of the Moon Temple and is threatening to unleash the Bloodstorm across the five nations of Zyncathia and I'm the only one who can prevent the deaths of millions, but I've got to collect these ten bear arses before I go." Like I said, ludo-narrative dissonance.

Not really an issue with Skyrim specifically though is it, as it never actually 'ends'?

• 2 weeks later...

Started Diablo 3, pretty good, played about 2 hours and it's pretty basic and repetitive at the moment (and easy) just got that feeling that 60+ hours of this is going to be hard work! hopefully some of the skills will be good enough to maintain the interest

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got hold of grim fandango after wanting to play it since it first came out... It's almost pointlessly hard, really disappointed

Also played lords of the fallen, found it too chunky and slow, and the wolf among us, I'm not a fan of telltale games, didn't think much of the walking dead either

All in all you've had a bit of a shit time of it game-wise then, haven't you? :P

Lords of the Fallen was always going to be a bit shit though when compared to the Souls games.

To be fair I joined that boomerang game rental thing and I'm going through the games that I wasn't sure about so it's a bit hit and miss, I enjoyed Diablo but stopped after about 3/4 hours I could see where that was going, did the last of us again which I loved, couple more games which have been ok

Grim fandango is the one, paid for it! Wish I'd got the resident evil remake instead

Hopefully it won't but I've got a feeling the order is going to be the same, I'll get that at launch, been waiting ages for it, and it'll be disappointing

Lords of the fallen, I think bloodborne might be the same, much like the telltales games, I've played a bit of dark souls, I'm not convinced it's my type of game, I'm hoping bloodborne goes more towards DMC rather than DS

Edited by villa4europe

Â