What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

Got rid of Fifa the weekend (dunno why I brought it) and picked up Riders Republic.  Haven't had much time on it yet.  Initiall impressions are its extremely varied, the world is huge so in typical Ubisoft fashion there's lots of collectables.  Hope to put a couple of hours into it tonight. 

Finished Re8, what a brilliantly bonkers game it is, it's not really RE at all but at the same time has a little bit of all of them in there somewhere 

Same as 7 it starts really well then loses some steam 

Not a clue where they go next beyond the obvious 4 remake 

On 03/02/2021 at 18:53, theboyangel said:

Just got hold of Red Dead Redemption 2 on PS4 which should arrive in next few days.

What are folks thoughts on it? 

bits of it are 10/10, bits are 6 or 7/10, bits are 4/10, as someone else said, i think its a solid 7/10.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

bits of it are 10/10, bits are 6 or 7/10, bits are 4/10, as someone else said, i think its a solid 7/10.

I've since completed it and thought it was very good indeed (although didn't care much for the epilogue) 

Loved the vastness of the world, along with some of the challenges. Pretty solid game in which you get your money's worth! 

• Like 1

On 02/11/2021 at 07:41, hogso said:

I was very tempted to pick RR up. Seems very silly in the right sort of way, and has reviewed pretty well. 

Silly is exactly the right word. Controls feel a little slow to respond but that might be down to a settings change.  World is vast, lots to do,  loads of discoveries to make.  A game you can easily drop into for 30 mins or 3 hours. 

I am currently playing Forza Horizon 5. The game is very good, it's everything that was great about Forza Horizon 4 in a more colourful setting, with some subtle tweaks that make the Horizon formula even better.  

The game is out tomorrow for owners of the premium edition, while standard/deluxe edition owners get access on Tuesday.

21 hours ago, Daweii said:

I am currently playing Forza Horizon 5. The game is very good, it's everything that was great about Forza Horizon 4 in a more colourful setting, with some subtle tweaks that make the Horizon formula even better.  

The game is out tomorrow for owners of the premium edition, while standard/deluxe edition owners get access on Tuesday.

Don’t wish to bring you down so for anyone enjoying FH then great but I found 4 a turning point in the series that I just didn’t want to follow. I found 4 to be very dull and surface level deep despite the constant in game unlocks and mega bright colours. But I suppose I don’t like multi player games and the focus on 4 was just that. 1-3 were absolutely perfect games. I think the only thing that would bring me back is Japan as a location. 

• Like 1

I keep starting new games (of old games at the moment). Currently gone back to R6 Vegas and it’s brilliant. Still looks good and the gameplay is spot on. One thing I did notice though is that you can’t sprint. Such an odd thing I take for granted now in shooters. 

20 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Don’t wish to bring you down so for anyone enjoying FH then great but I found 4 a turning point in the series that I just didn’t want to follow. I found 4 to be very dull and surface level deep despite the constant in game unlocks and mega bright colours. But I suppose I don’t like multi player games and the focus on 4 was just that. 1-3 were absolutely perfect games. I think the only thing that would bring me back is Japan as a location. 

No worries, I'm always open to hearing what others think about games. Now I can't speak for others, but it'll never hurt my enjoyment of a game to read about its negatives from the perspective of someone else. 

Forza Horizon 4 & 5 are weird to me in that they are everything I hate amount modern video games, but I somehow enjoy Horizon 5 regardless. I definitely agree with you that the games are very shallow, and they're also very repetitious. I think my initial statement of "it's very good" comes from a very simple place; "I am enjoying it therefore it is good", but the sum of its parts is a game I would hate if another game did the same, and I'm still trying to figure out why that is. For instance I hate modern Assassins Creed for the same reasons I find Horizon 5 enjoyable, maybe the constant unlocks and bright colours has worked as they intended.

I do hope a future FH game goes to Japan though, that would be fantastic.

• Like 1

Really enjoying Riders Republic,  put a few hours in this evening and there's so much to do.   Loads of events to try,  like the way they have put multi events together.  One moment you're thrashing down a track on a bike,  then your thrown into the air to race on jet wings,  then back down to earth to finish the race on ski's.  

14 hours ago, villarule123 said:

Was going to wait to get it but just noticed San Andreas is on Gamepass via Xcloud. Lovely stuff when you don't have the console! 

And thank god it was on Gamepass. They've completely botched the 'remasters', so glad I didn't pay £60 for these. Bare minimum levels of effort for these, although some of the bugs and glitches are hilarious. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

And thank god it was on Gamepass. They've completely botched the 'remasters', so glad I didn't pay £60 for these. Bare minimum levels of effort for these, although some of the bugs and glitches are hilarious. 

Not a surprise to anyone familiar with the studio they delegated this work to, the same clowns who did the mostly dodgy mobile ports. They showed no gameplay, and kept a review embargo in place. It was always going to be a steaming turd when they went to those lengths to keep things quiet.

The one thing that makes me angry is that they took down the old versions from online stores - so if you don't already have those games, you pay for these new versions, or take your chances pirating the originals.

Edited by Davkaus

The environmental effects and foliage textures are way better, so I'm not sure it's a lowest possible effort release. The character models are janked on SA though, to quite a funny degree.

And yet, I'd still happily pick it up in a sale.

Â