What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

13 minutes ago, hogso said:

Vanilla or Royal?

Royal, my friend told me to get this one as it's apparently the more recent re-release? I hope that was the right decision and the original isnt better or something?

Edited by Eidolon

3 hours ago, Eidolon said:

Royal, my friend told me to get this one as it's apparently the more recent re-release? I hope that was the right decision and the original isnt better or something?

No, that's true. The only possible reason one may play the original version is due to a slight complaint that some of the stuff Royal adds in makes the game a little too easy once you get to grips with the mechanics. 

Royal is unquestionably the definitive version, and if you're playing P5 for the first, you should definitely play Royal. 

I recently plat'd it, which completed my own personal objective to platinum all the Persona games on PS4, those being Persona 5, Persona 5 Royal, Persona 5 Strikers, Persona 4 Dancing All Night, Persona 3 Dancing in Moonlight and Persona 5 Dancing in Starlight. 

Strikers is the canon sequel, and a really good game to boot, although in traditional Atlus style, it's a sequel to a mainline Persona game in a different genre entirely. 

• Like 1

Just downloaded Monster Hunter as it’s in my library from one of the PS+ months. Also Control and Days Gone. 

Gonna try all of the free games I’ve got but never really thought about playing. There’s loads more

• Like 1

On 28/08/2021 at 17:34, Stevo985 said:

I’m downloading Hades right now just based off this thread. I don’t even know what kind of game it is but **** it 😂

Gets a big fat meh from me so far. Only put a couple of hours in but I don't really get it. Once I've done a decent run and eventually die my motivation to start again is zero. 

5 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Contemplating whether to get the new Far Cry or not. Was very disappointed with the last one.

I haven’t enjoyed a far cry game since the original and instincts predator on 360. The best one they made since then was primal and that was only just better than average.

Far Cry 2 was ok but blighted by weird mechanics and constantly respawning enemies.

Just my opinion but 3, 4 & 5 are bang average interchangeable games that suck you in a bit because they look lovely and have unique villains but after an hour you’ve seen and done it all. 6 just looks exactly like more of the same. 3 was the best of this bunch.

• Like 1

Just now, Ingram85 said:

I haven’t enjoyed a far cry game since the original and instincts predator on 360. The best one they made since then was primal and that was only just better than average.

Far Cry 2 was ok but blighted by weird mechanics and constantly respawning enemies.

Just my opinion but 3, 4 & 5 are bang average interchangeable games that suck you in a bit because they look lovely and have unique villains but after an hour you’ve seen and done it all. 6 just looks exactly like more of the same. 3 was the best of this bunch.

I liked 3 and 4 but I get what you mean. It’s quite repetitive.   I like the stealth side of it.

It's prime candidate for pre Xmas sale

I'll play it at some point, looks like another game where ubisoft don't know themselves what's actually good about it so they'll throw in 47 ideas and hope the player finds at least 1 that they like enough to stick with it

To be fair to them I think the gun handling and shooting mechanics are usually really solid in FC which makes it playable enough

Not watched tons of this but I think the series is heading towards just cause territory, if things get bangier and explodier then the game must be better? 

As said in another thread I finished RDR2 yesterday and now I'm thinking about what to play next. Games on the list are:

Horizon

Gods of War

Finish Last of us

Finish Heavy rain

GTA V

Skyrim

Have anyone played Vampires? It seems to be a game well suited to me but I've heard it's not good. On the other hand I'm probably one of the few who likes Friday the 13th the game playing as Jason killing young people over and over. :) I'm also considering buying the new FIFA, but I might pass on that this year and go back to buying it every 2nd year.

After buying it and quickly deleting it 3 times, I finally managed to play, and finish, RE4 this week.

I always wanted to experience it. But I never could get past the controls. RE4 plays... uniquely. It has the now standard 3rd person over the shoulder view, but it doesn't control like those games do today. The camera is limited and disconnected from movement, Leon moves in something approaching the tank style, and you can only aim when standing still and raising your weapon. Meaning the game almost plays like a light gun game without the rails. And I hated it.

Until this time. This time I powered through it, got my eye in, and finished it. And I loved it. It's great. I'm so glad to have finally played it.

• Like 2

On 13/10/2021 at 10:58, Pelle said:

As said in another thread I finished RDR2 yesterday and now I'm thinking about what to play next. Games on the list are:

Horizon

Gods of War

Finish Last of us

Finish Heavy rain

GTA V

Skyrim

You just finished a big open world game, so I would go for a more linear game next. 

So Last of Us or Heavy Rain.

Maybe God of War as it’s less open world than the others.

But such a good list of games you still have to play.

• Like 1

On 14/10/2021 at 20:45, Chindie said:

After buying it and quickly deleting it 3 times, I finally managed to play, and finish, RE4 this week.

I always wanted to experience it. But I never could get past the controls. RE4 plays... uniquely. It has the now standard 3rd person over the shoulder view, but it doesn't control like those games do today. The camera is limited and disconnected from movement, Leon moves in something approaching the tank style, and you can only aim when standing still and raising your weapon. Meaning the game almost plays like a light gun game without the rails. And I hated it.

Until this time. This time I powered through it, got my eye in, and finished it. And I loved it. It's great. I'm so glad to have finally played it.

Great game, but I also struggled with the controls when I played it on the PS4.

It was so easy to play on the Gamecube.

On 13/10/2021 at 10:58, Pelle said:

Horizon

Gods of War

Finish Last of us

Finish Heavy rain

GTA V

Skyrim

Have anyone played Vampires? It seems to be a game well suited to me but I've heard it's not good. On the other hand I'm probably one of the few who likes Friday the 13th the game playing as Jason killing young people over and over. :) I'm also considering buying the new FIFA, but I might pass on that this year and go back to buying it every 2nd year.

Finish Heavy Rain for something a bit different; great story.

Finish Last of Us, incredible game.

Play God of War, another brilliant game.

Â