What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

It is, I've owned it for quite some time, but hadn't touched it until now. Can see me sicking a lot of hours in, although, I hear it gets genuinely tough later on, so I need to really get those perfect blocks and dodges down, as well as switching skills for the relevant combat situation. At the moment I'm mostly brute forcing the boss fights, but clearly there's a finnese to combat, and as I've already found, there are skill check bosses which I can't beat, so...clearly I've got to git good. 

I actually bought it in the first place cos I love the idea of a 'pretend' MMO, mostly cos I adored the dothack games, and don't mind the grindy nature of the games. I've tried SAO but didn't love it, might move on to Death end re;Quest at some point too. 

• Like 1

About half way through mafia, it's alright, decent enough story, setting is really good, it strangely does next to nothing with its world though, no real open play due to the chapter structure, I'm not overly convinced that it's that much fun, it's got no messing around in it 

On 10/09/2021 at 22:01, villa4europe said:

About half way through mafia, it's alright, decent enough story, setting is really good, it strangely does next to nothing with its world though, no real open play due to the chapter structure, I'm not overly convinced that it's that much fun, it's got no messing around in it 

Mafia 3?  New mafia game?

9 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Mafia 3?  New mafia game?

The remake of 1

Its OK, its a bit buggy which is disappointing, I wouldn't say its good enough for me to crash through it and put number 2 straight in, like I said the chapter thing is weird, it's all missions rather than going off piste but at the same time I'm not overly interested in going exploring because the game hasn't hinted at me finding anything of interest 

3 from memory is a slog with a good story, better gunplay but then hindered by poor level design and structure making it repetitive 

Its giving me an appreciation for GTA and the world they create that's for sure even if I do think a prohibition era GTA with the gangsters, the looming war, the depression stuff would be incredible 

I’m still sometimes amazed at just how good some of the 360/PS3 gen games look even now. Been playing Castlevania Lords of Shadow (underrated) over the last few days and it’s bloody lovely to look at. Very beautiful game. 

15 minutes ago, Chindie said:

2 - I believe Mirror of Fate was 'OK'.

Ah man that’s disappointing to hear. I was gonna pick it up after finishing LoS. I may still do but could be good to temper expectations going into it. 

Currently playing Kena: Bridge of Spirits and my thoughts on the game are mixed.

Kena is all about the superficial things. The graphics are superb, the soundtrack is excellent and the cutscenes are literally like watching a Disney Pixar movie at times. That said all of this superficial stuff has come at the cost of the gameplay which isn't great. The platforming doesn't feel as smooth as it should, while the combat never feels a fluid as it should. Everything Kena does is something you have played before, and something that was done better in those other games.

Now that doesn't mean that Kena is a bad game, it's just not a particularly amazing game from what I have played so far.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pre-ordered Diablo II Resurrected on the PS5.

The original is one of my favourite PC games ever and I can only see this being excellent.

Pity it's putting money into Blizzard's pockets though.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Pre-ordered Diablo II Resurrected on the PS5.

The original is one of my favourite PC games ever and I can only see this being excellent.

Pity it's putting money into Blizzard's pockets though.

I always try to look at it as supporting the hard working developers that just want people to play what they've spent several years working on.

I know it's unfortunate that the purchase lines the pockets of some terrible people, but boycotts typically punish the people that did nothing wrong the most.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Daweii said:

I always try to look at it as supporting the hard working developers that just want people to play what they've spent several years working on.

I know it's unfortunate that the purchase lines the pockets of some terrible people, but boycotts typically punish the people that did nothing wrong the most.

The good news is its great so far.

It does exactly what I was hoping it would do and I'm looking forward to ploughing some hours into it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hornso said:

Splurged and bought Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 & 2 for the Switch. Reliving a wasted youth.

Sucks we probably won’t get a 3+4 as the Vicarious Visions have been absorbed into the actiblizz homogenous entity now and has been set to work on something else. 

Edited by Ingram85
  • Sad 1

Â