What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, wilko154 said:

Started Stardew Valley over Christmas and I'm now addicted.

For the love of god I’ve tried and tried but just never got into SV. I know it’s great, I’m not gonna say it isn’t but it’s just not for me. I really really wanted to love it so much. 

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Ive restarted saints row 4 on switch (as i never finished it on the ps3)

Have to say its not great. Saints row 2 and 3 were top games  but this ones weak which is a shame

Unfortunately Saints IV was originally just going to be a DLC for 3, it just got very visibly stretched to the barest point it could be released as a ‘full game’

7 hours ago, Eidolon said:

Unfortunately Saints IV was originally just going to be a DLC for 3, it just got very visibly stretched to the barest point it could be released as a ‘full game’

Its really not as good so far. The super powers can be a bit fun but the camera goes to shite at parts. The controls are fiddly too not like how 3 was.

Ill stick with it but for me so far

2, 3 then 4 are the best ones.

Not sure about this new one coming out as seems like a reboot. Its just a completely different game and doesnt have the SR feel to it

• Like 1

On 10/01/2022 at 07:50, Demitri_C said:

Its really not as good so far. The super powers can be a bit fun but the camera goes to shite at parts. The controls are fiddly too not like how 3 was.

Ill stick with it but for me so far

2, 3 then 4 are the best ones.

Not sure about this new one coming out as seems like a reboot. Its just a completely different game and doesnt have the SR feel to it

yeah 2 was fantastic, 3 was good and 4 was the weakest.  The Xmas DLC for 4 was fun though!

I purchased the first Little Nightmares as it was less than 4 quid on the PSN store.   Really enjoying it so far,  great visuals,  very atmospheric, puzzler.  Anyone else played it?

On 09/01/2022 at 21:32, Ingram85 said:

For the love of god I’ve tried and tried but just never got into SV. I know it’s great, I’m not gonna say it isn’t but it’s just not for me. I really really wanted to love it so much. 

I love SV!

currently playing Pokemon Brilliant Diamond 🤪

Scarlet Nexus

Started this yesterday and it has completely taken me by surprise. I highly recommend this to anyone who loves action rpg’s and sci fi/fantasy/anime mashups. Looks gorgeous too. Bit of a hidden gem this. Seriously, give it a go. 

Hit a bit of a wall with GotG, put a session in last night and found it really repetitive and boring

Started deathloop, first thoughts are the world is incredible, tons of intrigue more a little not a clue what's going on, definitely more than one way to play which straight away gave me a learning curve (waltzed in to the library and it didn't end well) 

Really interesting game 

As well as I can, I'm trying to do both the Resonant Arc and Retrograde Amnesia 'book clubs', but for video games of course. 

That means Final Fantasy Tactics at the moment, followed shortly by Parasite Eve and Suikoden. Plus I'm still pushing for the FFX plat, so add me to the JRPG marathon too. 

Really looking forward to going back to Parasite Eve after so many years, it's quite an underestimated part of Square's back catalogue when they were at the top of their game.

• Like 1

Started Halo Infinite today, I mean this as a compliment when I say it plays like Halo, the first time 343 have nailed the gunplay feel for me and the ‘open world’ structure helps with that sense of openness that reminds me of the first time playing halo ce but while it looks nice it doesn’t really blow me away. I do hope the last gen of consoles aren’t a noose around the new consoles neck for the whole cycle, I feel this ‘family’ of consoles thing MS are going for is holding stuff back.

I think the only game that’s come close to feeling next gen so far is Guardians of the Galaxy and even that isn’t ‘wow’ amazing. I know this gen is about advancements in load times, quick resume and stuff like that and I know generational leaps in visuals are a thing of the past but I have to be honest, I expected more. It’s all ‘nice’ but not amazing so far. 

Â