What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

4 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I started Miles Morales Spider-Man. Loved the opening bit. They are really well polished games.

Its £20 in tesco I think, £25 for the ultimate edition 

Hoping it'll appear of ps+ next year and I'll play through it again 

• Like 1

Tried 30 mins of godfall

Not entirely sure what its all about, it's very simple, it's not dark souls by a long stretch but at the same time its not dynasty warriors either, it's just a kind of nothingness in between, maybe if I got deeper in to it better combos will be unlocked but at the same time its not fun enough to make me want to go deeper

It also looks weird to me, the art style does nothing for me, it's just shiny but again ultimately not very interesting 

A million years after I backed it in Kickstarter, Praey for the Gods has finally been released and I managed to download the PS5 version earlier.

Not too sure what to make of it yet. It was always presented as a game that is heavily inspired by Shadow of the Colossus, and it is. It's boss mechanic is literally identical. They have chucked that into a basic survival game, but they've been clever enough to let you decide how survival-y you want it to be (in my case, not at all).

You can tell it probably has a reach beyond its grasp - the art style is... simplistic but does the job (bar a snow effect which is too much), it has a pretty old school feeling game structure where every new area is a load screen away, which is odd in a world where so many games these days are nearly seamless. But it was made by a 3 man team and on a tight budget, and it seems totally solid.

I’ve been replaying XCOM 2 which originally frustrated me into putting down and never picking back up with its difficulty and lack of hand holding in how to manage the alien invasion and not run out of time by doing pointless things. Watched a few little guides before picking it back up and now I know what I’m doing with it I’m having a great time, Psychic operatives especially are a lot of fun to have on your team, I’ll pick up the DLC for it when I get my next pay and really crack into it 😁

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/12/2021 at 00:04, Chindie said:

Guardians of the Galaxy might be the sleeper hit of the year. I've put an hour or so in and immediately I've liked it much more than I expected. The writing, which I believe Dan Abnett (the guy that basically reimagined the characters prior to the film's taking them on) was involved in, is excellent. It's absolutely bang on. And it's fun to see a solid single player title that's polished to ****.

Finished and platinumed this today.

What a great game. The writing is first rate and the performances are excellent. I think I actually like it more than the film's take (although it does take some points of inspiration from those). It tells a good story, a very 'Guardians' story, some aspects of which we know a little, but whilst doing so manages to capture the characters very well, has moments where it's genuinely funny, and builds in curiously effective emotional moments. It's genuinely one of the best written games I've played in years.

Gameplay wise it's a bit... Mass Effect lite, I guess, more or less completely ditching the RPG and using a purely action orientated control of your team, effectively making the team, by games end, 20 cool down powers that can be used with basic strategy and tactics. But it works, and it's satisfying, if 1 note. By the end you'd be forgiven for dialling down the difficulty as it does quickly show you all it's tricks and just asks you to use them for the rest of the game, but it's not bad per se.

And it looks amazing. Really amazing. Every element of the graphical presentation is top level. The environments are impressively geometrically complex, the textures excellent (I was blown away when I noticed that one of Star-lords costumes you can actually see it has a realistic sweater-like alternating thread pattern), the lighting is great, the animation is superb, fur textures are incredible, even the art design has caught that particular Marvel pulp cosmic nonsense very well.

Really good game. Surprise of the year by a mile.

• Like 3

I'd say it's a bit like uncharted where it does that clever thing of feeling a lot bigger than it is whilst also being based on small arenas of enemies (but this is more on the nose about it) so I was happily trying to explore and not always finding stuff but still enjoying it, the first level has a great design 

The script and voice acting is top notch, the gameplay is good enough, the gunplay isn't great (maybe yet) 

So yeah I'd say obviously a very different setting from uncharted and it doesn't have the jumpy climby stuff but in terms of looking good, sounding great, great writing and level design early doors it reminds me a lot of it 

Currently playing Judgement. Really enjoying it so far. It's a cool spin on the Yakuza series.

To be honest, the Yakuza games are fast becoming my favourite series at the moment. I loved Yakuza 7 (which was the first one I played). Started Yakuza 0 but haven't had the time to get properly stuck in, though I was loving it during the short time I did play it. They're so under appreciated, I think. The open world isn't very big, but it's so packed with genuinely fun things to do. I had way more memorable moments with Yakuza 7 than I've had with loads of other open world games.

• Like 1

Started Guardians Of The Galaxy and quite like it, despite having a fairly linear world area to explore 

The commanding of the other guardian's is a nice trick though and the game captures the snarky humour of the source material. 

I'll stick with it. 

I'm really enjoying it but for the story more than the gameplay, it's a good 8/10 game that I'm surprised by still, I think it's a little hamstrung by quills blasters though, it's holding it back because they're a bit boring imo 

I'm interested in the outfits so might try and get them all post game (I know I've missed 1 already) if there's a chapter select and doesn't rely on YouTube too much 

• Like 1

On 30/12/2021 at 22:43, theboyangel said:

Started Guardians Of The Galaxy and quite like it, despite having a fairly linear world area to explore 

The commanding of the other guardian's is a nice trick though and the game captures the snarky humour of the source material. 

I'll stick with it. 

Just started it tonight and think it’s been a blast. Just landed on the stormy yellow grass planet and I’ve actually laughed a few times at the script which I never normally do with games. I’ve set everything to easiest in terms of difficulty so I can relax and just enjoy the story. It’s a really well made and polished game so far and it’s bloody gorgeous to look at, even in the silky smooth performance mode. It is a bit linear and hand holdy but that’s ok for a change of pace sometimes, I’m really glad I picked it up, it’s surprised me so far as to how good it is. 

• Like 2

Replaying Borderlands 2 with my girlfriend and two friends. I’d only ever solo’d the game before so it’s fantastic to play it the way it was intended. It’s really made me miss the days when games were just as they were when you got them and you didn’t have to worry about live service bullshit

Salt and Sanctuary.

Lots and lots of Salt and Sanctuary. 

It's bloody marvellous and I'm kind of kicking myself for not playing it earlier.

The sequel is due this year and if its anywhere near as good as the first it'll be a first day purchase.

13 hours ago, Hamburglar said:

I’ve started a second run on red dead 2. What a gem of a game. 

Worth playing through the whole thing all over again just to shoot that word removed Micah in the balls a few more times, surely one of the best most detestable villains in gaming history

Edited by Eidolon

I’m 

3 hours ago, Eidolon said:

Worth playing through the whole thing all over again just to shoot that word removed Micah in the balls a few more times, surely one of the best most detestable villains in gaming history

I’m not rescuing him this time let’s see what happens

Â