What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

Back on the Elite Dangerous grind. 

I've got aims and objectives I'd like to do, like get to the centre of the galaxy, Sagittarius A*, or get to Colonia (a station so far away from human space it's a Elite pilgrimage), or even visit Beagle Point, a system on the very edge of our galaxy. 

I'd like to do the guardian engineering, I'd like to finish the engineering (but gathering materials is a real grind) and I'd like to do a billion things, but my word, it can be a lonely game at times. 

I've currently just left the section of the galaxy called the "inner orion spur" for the first time to visit a nebula, I'd never done that, so that was pretty, and I landed on an asteroid station for the first time, which was really cool as it was in the rings of a gas giant :) 

Everything just takes AGES though :lol:   

• Like 1

On 04/10/2021 at 14:33, Vive_La_Villa said:

I liked 3 and 4 but I get what you mean. It’s quite repetitive.   I like the stealth side of it.

If you haven't succumbed yet, this probably sums it up

Whilst Castillo is very well acted, everything else just kind of feels meh to be honest and exceptionally repetitive. I've not found the ammo thing too much of an issue though still, the armour piercing still works pretty damn good for headshots so you still have good sniper capacity. 

It has also annoyed me that payed for the gold edition with the DLC included for the old game bosses and thought it would be good for both me and the wife to play it. However, because its Ubisoft, didn't realise that the DLC will only be open to 1 of us despite playing on the same PS5...

I would definitely wait until it has come down massively in price. I suspect that you will be able to get hold of it through CEX for £15-20 by around Christmas. 

• Thanks 2

On 20/10/2021 at 13:12, lapal_fan said:

Back on the Elite Dangerous grind. 

I've got aims and objectives I'd like to do, like get to the centre of the galaxy, Sagittarius A*, or get to Colonia (a station so far away from human space it's a Elite pilgrimage), or even visit Beagle Point, a system on the very edge of our galaxy. 

I'd like to do the guardian engineering, I'd like to finish the engineering (but gathering materials is a real grind) and I'd like to do a billion things, but my word, it can be a lonely game at times. 

I've currently just left the section of the galaxy called the "inner orion spur" for the first time to visit a nebula, I'd never done that, so that was pretty, and I landed on an asteroid station for the first time, which was really cool as it was in the rings of a gas giant :) 

Everything just takes AGES though :lol:   

Yep, it's very time consuming.

I spent two weeks travelling in one direction, found 4 or 5 earth like worlds & about 400 million in exploration data all told, but then the two weeks to get back was so slow. I was really tempted to just self destruct to get back to civilised space again. It's very quiet out there past the bubble.

You have to kind of make your own game up in your head, which is both good and bad. I tend to play it for a few months then leave it for 5 then come back.

Just now, Mister_a said:

Yep, it's very time consuming.

I spent two weeks travelling in one direction, found 4 or 5 earth like worlds & about 400 million in exploration data all told, but then the two weeks to get back was so slow. I was really tempted to just self destruct to get back to civilised space again. It's very quiet out there past the bubble.

You have to kind of make your own game up in your head, which is both good and bad. I tend to play it for a few months then leave it for 5 then come back.

Exactly the same.

I play on PS4 as well, which makes 3rd party tools a bit of a pain (especially when you have to enter the system names using the keyboard on ps4..).

But when you get the inkling to do something, it's so much fun and rewarding.  

Deep core mining is just a joy (especially the first few times).

But you're right, a couple of months of it, and I'm craving the instant gratification of FPS.  But whilst I'm in the galaxy, it's a beautiful place to be! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big Salad said:

Replaying all the Splinter Cell games.

Please let them make some more, love these games.

when i read the first line i assumed it was because you'd seen the news...

A decade later, Ubisoft has finally greenlit a new Splinter Cell, sources claim | VGC (videogameschronicle.com)

i never really got in to them if im honest, was a big MGS fan and young and reading a lot of gaming magazines at the time and maybe bought a little too much in to the competition and therefore it was one or the other, same was PS vs xbox even though i did have an xbox and splinter cell, also thought the stealth was a step up and too much for me because im not a massive stealth fan, i am surprised that its taken them so long to do it though, if they do a new one it'll be really popular

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

when i read the first line i assumed it was because you'd seen the news...

A decade later, Ubisoft has finally greenlit a new Splinter Cell, sources claim | VGC (videogameschronicle.com)

i never really got in to them if im honest, was a big MGS fan and young and reading a lot of gaming magazines at the time and maybe bought a little too much in to the competition and therefore it was one or the other, same was PS vs xbox even though i did have an xbox and splinter cell, also thought the stealth was a step up and too much for me because im not a massive stealth fan, i am surprised that its taken them so long to do it though, if they do a new one it'll be really popular

Ok cool appreciate you linking that, had no idea this happened. Yeah Splinter Cell takes some getting used too especially if not a huge fan of stealth; will say though that the newer ones have way more action in them than the earlier ones.

Yes will be quite popular, same way imo that Prince of Persia will be if another ever comes out.

6 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

Ok cool appreciate you linking that, had no idea this happened. Yeah Splinter Cell takes some getting used too especially if not a huge fan of stealth; will say though that the newer ones have way more action in them than the earlier ones.

Yes will be quite popular, same way imo that Prince of Persia will be if another ever comes out.

haha you're in for a good day...

not a "new" prince of persia game but they are remaking sands of time

• Like 1

On 19/10/2021 at 18:59, Ingram85 said:

Anyone else playing Cruis’n Blast? I think it’s my game of the year so far! 

Repeating this for anyone with a switch who loves retro style arcade racers. Seriously, its so good. I don’t think I’ve been this engrossed in one since the first Sonic Racing game. 

• Like 1

Trying to get through the original Sonic games. Weird difficulty spikes and pacing issues with the first but I'll persevere. I'm going to try the Normal mode on the Saturn's Sonic Jam which reworked the level design slightly for a smoother experience. I know these games were legendary but man, as a game it doesn't hold a candle to the early Mario games.

• Like 1

Finally put down cold war* for long enough to start RE village

Its a beautiful looking game, great setting, plays great and I'm really enjoying it, its bizarre though! Calling it RE is a massive stretch, it should be a different franchise 

* the cod games that are by treyarch have a levelling system that gets its claws deep in to me, get 2500 headshots and you get a different colour gun... I can't help it, I can get obsessed chasing it, never got in to zombies before but outbreak is good for me I enjoy that, would say I've now played more zombies than multiplayer, only done level 1 of the campaign despite it apparently being very good, not even tried some of the new multiplayer stuff like firestrike or whatever its called or warzone, there's a lot of game in there... Unfortunately also loads and loads of battle pack loot box bullshit thrown at you too, there's so many options for customisation

Bit like gran turismo where it's not really my game but the way it levels and then customises and the routes you can go get me more than the gameplay 

Just finished another attempt at a 'No Death' run on Dark Souls Remastered. 

Ended up dying three times overall which is the closest I've ever got. Tbh, for a 50 Yr old whose best reflex days are way behind him I'm still pretty chuffed with that.

Need to have a bit of a break from it now but I dare say I'll give it another go I the future.

• Like 3

Â