What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, RunRickyRun said:

Which weapon did you use? I got there with the gun. I also favour the gloves for the total glass cannon build.

Shield - it's the weapon I've pretty much used all the way - get the right boons and it's insane!

Burnout Revenge on xb360 playing on xb1x. Quality. Absolute quality. Haven’t played it since it’s release in ‘06. Not quite as good as Takedown but it’s damn close. Looks great for a 15 year old title too. 

Started on Hades seeing as you all seem to be really enjoying it and I'm absolutely loving it so far. Just hit the Bone Hydra a few runs in and I already have an unhealthy attachment to the spear. I'd get a lot further if I could stop dashing onto traps 😅

I'm playing Shadow of Mordor for the first time ever. I think it's the second one?  It was free on PSN ages ago.

The game play is slightly repetitive once you've unlocked everything, but the army thing is really fun, storming castles and defending castles.

There's a nice variety of baddies and stuff too. 

Before that I played through Mad Max again, but it wasn't as good as I remembered, still fun though. 

Sniper Elite next I think.. Not 100% sure. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I'm playing Shadow of Mordor for the first time ever. I think it's the second one?  It was free on PSN ages ago.

The game play is slightly repetitive once you've unlocked everything, but the army thing is really fun, storming castles and defending castles.

There's a nice variety of baddies and stuff too. 

Before that I played through Mad Max again, but it wasn't as good as I remembered, still fun though. 

Sniper Elite next I think.. Not 100% sure. 

Shadow of War is one of my favourites (after they removed the shite P2W bollocks)

Proper solid sandbox RPG (first game was good too).

Got a few on the go at the moment:

Hades (PS5)
Mortall Shell (new Expansion on PS5)
Kingdom of Amalur Re-Reckoning (New 4K update on PS5)
Dead Cells (Finally making some progress on this - it's a great game)
Marvels Spiderman (Bought the Miles Morales Ultimate Version but I'm playing the remastered version of this first)

Also attempting No Death runs on Dark Souls 1 and Demon's Souls. Came close a couple of times on both, but I always seem to have a momentary lack of concentration which **** me over 😬

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Eidolon said:

For all the Hades buffs in this topic I am reeeeeally having a hard time with Theseus and Asterius, any builds and boons you guys have found effective against them? 

I reached them for the first time yesterday and got destroyed lol.  Getting there was easy for the first time though.   Its one of those games that you keeps kicking you but then you get 1 run off great boons and you're hooked again. 

6 hours ago, Eidolon said:

For all the Hades buffs in this topic I am reeeeeally having a hard time with Theseus and Asterius, any builds and boons you guys have found effective against them? 

Concentrate on taking out the Minotaur first. He has a predictable and telegraphed attack pattern so you should be able to learn how to dodge his attacks. I ignore Theseus at this point and dash around like a madman to avoid his throwing spear attack (having dash on LT helps). You'll probably take a few hits but it doesn't matter. Make sure you have the amulet that gives you bonus damage when you get below a certain health threshold.

Use your cast as a debuff for extra damage, I tend not to upgrade my cast to a different ability because I find the debuff more useful. Try and get another debuff on this the cast as having 2 or more debuffs on a character gives you bonus damage.

Once he is defeated then you can concentrate on Theseus. I go for the direct approach and rarely hide behind pillars. Only use one dash to get in close so you have at least one dash to get away. He will use a spinning attack when up close. He telegraphs the attack with a white outline then lunges forward for the attack. At this point, get the hell out of Dodge. He will normally lunge towards you so as soon as you get the tell, dash behind him (usually in the direction you are already facing) and you should be able to avoid any damage. Learning this pattern will come in handy in the next fight.   

If he gets close to the edge it becomes harder to read the pattern so you can lure him into the middle by manipulating him to dash attack towards the middle. This comes with practice though.

TLDR : Watch this guy

Edited by RunRickyRun
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I got it when it first went on sale on the Switch when it was getting rave reviews, but have yet to play it. Thread is making me want to do it soon.

Just play it. Its brilliant 👏 👌 

The PPP is done. 

My Royal save clocked in at 119 hours, 28 minutes in the end. Got the final true ending, of course, level 99 for my 4 main characters, maxed all confidents, including level 11 for all party members, all will seeds in all palaces, every stamp collected in Mementos, Jose special battle cleared, Reaper defeated, all the room decorations and special scenes along with them...great, great game. Goodness me though, it really feels long, there must be about 6 or 7 'fake out' endings.

I didn't 99% the persona compendium, and I ended up in about 60% completion of the Thieves Den, which can't be completed in a single run. 

There are rumours that as part of the 25th anniversary there will be PS4 releases for P4G, and maybe even P3FES...if so, I'll have to restart the PPP! 

• Thanks 1

On 28/08/2021 at 23:11, Chindie said:

I will say, as absolutely brilliant as Hades is, it's endgame is very, very, very grindy.

I don't think "grind" is a thing if the gameplay is fun, personally. Whenever I find myself thinking I'm grinding, it's because I'm playing a game that when it boils down to it, I just don't find fun, but I'm chasing that shiny unlock or achievement or something. I play Hades just to play Hades. 

Finished disco elysium, it's superb, really well written, there are 2 or 3 moments near the end where I'd love to see how the various options play out but I don't think I'll jump straight in to another play, also didn't do the church side quest, didn't wait for thr freezer to defrost 

On to the 3 mafia games, not played 1 or 2 before, played 3 and thought it was OK but then suffered badly from repetition and level design and was a chore to finish 

Edited by villa4europe

I needed a change of pace after the PPP, so I'm currently playing CrossCode. 

H2x1_NSwitchDS_CrossCode_image1600w.jpg

It's 2d sprite based action RPG, heavily inspired graphics wise by SNES era games of a similar ilk - think Secret of Mana, Arc the Lad, and early Ys games. 

However, it's set in an MMORPG on a moon, with a lot of Sci fi, rather than fantasy, art direction. Plot wise there's a bit of mystery as to what exactly is going on, and exactly your character is, but it does at least avoid the 'fake MMORPG' trope of the lead character being unable to log out. 

Being based on an MMORPG does mean it has large, bustling hub cities, with other 'players' running about, fetch quests, a trade system for equipment, different factions, a massive skill tree, and even a PVP system. 

All of that is fairly interesting - the 90s 16 bit feel is further evoked by the decent soundtrack which keeps in line with that style too - but it's the combat and puzzles that really make it stand out. 

I'm only about 5 hours in, and there already quests which I'm having to stop trying to complete because I just haven't quite got good enough at the combat yet. It's really fast paced, uses elements of bullet hell games, and although there are actual puzzles which genuinely leave you scratching your head for a few minutes (the closest comparison being Portal, but without portals, I guess), and then boss fights which incorporate puzzles elements in to them as well. 

Really good fun, take a look if that sounds appealing to you - it just had some DLC released, and had a PS5 release, although it's on pretty much every platform at this point I believe. 

• Like 2

Â