What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

Bought the Nioh remastered collection when it came out. Not far off finishing the first one, but I think I'll need a break from Souls-like games for a bit before I jump into Nioh 2 (played Demon's Souls, Bloodbourne, Sekiro and Nioh pretty much back-to-back).

I picked up Yakuza Zero and Yakuza 6 while they were on offer on the PS Store. I played Yakuza 7 recently, which was my first of the series, and absolutely loved it, so I need to do some catching up as I can't believe I've missed out on these games for so long...

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

Just started Elder Scrolls Online.  

Great game so far, feels just like Skyrim.  

Its very good now.

A million times better than the mess that it was on release.

On 08/12/2020 at 19:47, Keyblade said:

Pokemon Soul Silver. After finishing White (which is probably my least favourite so far), I'm doubling back to this remake before tackling White 2. Really good so far. Gen 2 was special.

Just about wrapped up the Johto campaign after a bit of a break from it. I don't know, this didn't hold my attention like previous Pokemon game. I think the horrible level curving (which they didn't fix from the originals!) meant that there wasn't a sustained challenge to keep pushing me. Hopefully the post-game is better.

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Super Metroid. Masterpiece.

To be young again... I bought it purely on the basis that the box was massive, not a clue why either, or where I got it from cos I'd have been young so it couldn't have been expensive 

One of my favourite all time games 

• Like 2

Just now, villa4europe said:

To be young again... I bought it purely on the basis that the box was massive, not a clue why either, or where I got it from cos I'd have been young so it couldn't have been expensive 

One of my favourite all time games 

I wish I played it as a kid. I probably would have gotten stuck, but finding some of the secrets and the atmosphere would have stuck with me forever. I'm already in awe and I'm an adult.

Playing titanfall 2 based on a comment on TCGS podcast saying it had one of the best FPS single player campaigns, played a bit of 1 online and thought it was OK but the double jump wall running sliding stuff always put me off

But 2 levels in and I'm enjoying it, the gunplay is really good, got a great feel to it, feels like they've missed a trick with no progress tree or modding of the titan 

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

I wish I played it as a kid. I probably would have gotten stuck, but finding some of the secrets and the atmosphere would have stuck with me forever. I'm already in awe and I'm an adult.

Don't think I ever finished it but I sunk loads of hours in to it, at least you could save on it, don't think I had a guide and it was before the days of game FAQs, my memory of when or even how I ended up playing snes games is hazy, I reckon I played it around 96 / 97 so I was 12 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Don't think I ever finished it but I sunk loads of hours in to it, at least you could save on it, don't think I had a guide and it was before the days of game FAQs, my memory of when or even how I ended up playing snes games is hazy, I reckon I played it around 96 / 97 so I was 12 

They get really esoteric with the secrets and progression in the latter half of the game. I haven't finished it either, but I'm going to this time. Then it's on to Fusion and then hopefully the Prime series. 

14 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Super Metroid. Masterpiece.

The main reason I bought a mini SNES was just so that I could relive my youth and play through games like this again.

The Super Metroid / Link to the Past combined randomiser is great fun to play as well.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

The main reason I bought a mini SNES was just so that I could relive my youth and play through games like this again.

The Super Metroid / Link to the Past combined randomiser is great fun to play as well.

I just finished it and just...wow. That ending sequence. Not that it was some super twist or anything, but it was just so well done. The atmosphere. Going down into Ridley's lair...I've never felt such trepidation in a game before. This was a game from 1994! Made for kids! After all that, and scouring every nook and cranny...turns out I only collected 73% of the collectibles. Now there's replayability. I want to do it again. Also do it under 3 hours so I get the "good" ending. Easily one of my favourite games of all time already.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I just finished it and just...wow. That ending sequence. Not that it was some super twist or anything, but it was just so well done. The atmosphere. Going down into Ridley's lair...I've never felt such trepidation in a game before. This was a game from 1994! Made for kids! After all that, and scouring every nook and cranny...turns out I only collected 73% of the collectibles. Now there's replayability. I want to do it again. Also do it under 3 hours so I get the "good" ending. Easily one of my favourite games of all time already.

It’s also one of those games where the controls are just perfect. I think the world record for completing the game with 100% of the items is 1 hour 12 minutes or something like that, and watching those guys blitz through the game is actually quite therapeutic. Some of the movement is insane.

• Like 1

Just now, jacketspuds said:

It’s also one of those games where the controls are just perfect. I think the world record for completing the game with 100% of the items is 1 hour 12 minutes or something like that, and watching those guys blitz through the game is actually quite therapeutic. Some of the movement is insane.

Yeah, I've never been a fan of the speedrunning genre, but for Super Metroid it just feels right. Watching them do all those advanced techniques and just breeze through the game is very fun to watch. 

It's a credit to the game that after all these years, people are still finding new things about it and how to play it. For example, I stumbled upon a way to easily defeat one of the hardest bosses in the game. There's a clever way where you can just use the environment to electrocute and kill it within a few seconds. I know now that it's a very well known technique, but could you imagine finding this as a kid in the 90's? 

• Like 1

Finished titanfall 2 single player, excellent, probably the best single player campaign I've played bar half life 2 which considering it has a large platforming element is some going, it's a bit short, it's one of those FPS that throws weapons at you rather than making you think about it but other than that it's superb, loved the balance of it between the pilot and the titan

Unfortunately the multiplayer looks deserted and can't find me matches 

Â