What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I have put more hours into Skyrim than any other game, I might need to give Morrowind ago. I loved Oblivion but missed Morrowind. 

It’s essentially oblivion but with worse graphics and a not good draw distance. The mechanics are the same, clunky menus are the same and the structure of the game is essentially the same as it’s always been. Get past how old it looks though and you can have a great time. If you can, I’d play it on a good PC with some mods that help with textures and draw distance but I’m having a lot of fun with it as it is on XB1. 

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1

Bought Resident Evil Village today and loving it so far.  Really like some of the new gameplay elements they added in this one and the graphics are superb. Have bought every Resident Evil since the series began and so far this is in the top 3 for me.

Progress update on my Persona PS4 Platinum (from this point on referred to as the PPP) quest ;

Persona 5 Strikers - Plat on 20/04/21 in 1 month, 6 days

Persona 5 Dancing in Starlight - Plat on 28/04/21 in 1 week, 3 minutes 

Persona 3 Dancing in Moonlight - Plat on 03/05/21 in 4 days, 14 hours 

Persona 4 Dancing All Night - Plat on 08/05/21 in 3 days, 28 minutes 

Stats from PSN Profiles

Having now finished all the dancing games, I think I'm safe to advise that if you like rhythm games, and Persona games, they're worth a look. They are, however, very expensive (especially if you go the physical route as I did), so would be best sought out during a PSN sale. 

As you can probably tell from the length of real time each Plat took for them, it's safe to say I learnt to play the games better with each one. They all followed the same system for hitting the buttons, with various difficulty settings and unlockable modifiers which can be used to both make each song easier or more difficult. 

P3D and P5D were developed at the same time, and are therefore very similar. The story is light enough that it isn't an unwelcome distraction from the actual gameplay. P4D on the other hand...for those that have played P4, you will know why it is infamous for its achingly slow pace for the first few hours. 

P4D is like that for the entirety of the story mode. Sure, I like the characters, but you're probably talking 80% visual novel to 20% gameplay, and that's being generous. It wouldn't be too bad if the story was engaging, but the ridiculously convoluted way in which the story tells us our characters need to dance is...actually quite impressive in it's absurdity.

Next up, I return to P5 for a New Game+ run to finish the trophies there that I need for the plat. I need five; defeat the twins (NG+ only super boss), create the ultimate Persona, create all Personas (only possible in NG+), craft all infiltration tools (an annoyingly missable trophy as there is no proper way to track it in game, which requires some grinding for craft items), and the plat itself. 

Not too bad, and although I don't need to finish the whole story again, and I can skip all cut scenes and dialogue, it'll probably still take a bit. 

After that, P5R... 

• Like 2

Back deep into BotW again after the recent chat about it on here. I’m up to the point where I’m doing my most hated bit again. The Yiga clan hideout stuff. Ugh. It sucks. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have been wowed by a game of just started playing. It’s got a bit of a reputation already for being an underrated gem but I’ve never played it until a few days ago.

Anyone who hasn’t played Split Second needs to play it. One of the best arcade racers I’ve played. It’s great fun, looks fantastic, plays fantastic.

I remember it flopping sales wise as it came out the same week as Blur (another excellent gem) and they cannibalised each other’s sales a little, I also think they both came out the same week as one of CoD games so they had no chance. 

But yeah, pick it up if you like arcade racers with a little bit of a light combat-esque twist. £4 in CeX. 

• Like 1

PPP updated - Persona 5 Platinum is done. 

Probably the most time consuming trophy is 'Mask Collector', which requires one to complete the Persona Compendium, ie. have every Persona agree to join you through negotiation, or fuse them. The very best Persona require you to max out certain social links, and there are a few which require you to clear the more difficult mementos requests. Not only that, but you also need to capture every treasure demon, as they count towards the Compendium, although they are not usable Personas like the rest. There are one of these per Palace, plus two in the lowest levels of Mementos. They have their own slightly finicky mechanics, although there is a Tower social link ability which makes them easier to capture - although you still have to find them first.

It was for that reason that after the 5th Palace I gave up collecting them on my first playthrough - and it's probably the reason why, except for the Plat itself, this trophy holds the lowest percentage of players having obtained it, at only 3.6% according to PSN. The problem this decision gave me in the second run for the plat, is that I was forced to play the game all the way through to mid-December in the in-game calendar, as it was then that last two Treasure Demons became available for me to hunt. Kind of annoying, but I did skip the cut scenes and dialogue as well as possible.

I did also create via Fusion what is the most OP Persona, which I didn't do before, which helped greatly speed up Palace and boss fights - a Yoshitsune which either repels or absorbs every type of attack, expect for Almighty and Gun. This also helped make the special boss in new game plus a complete cake walk.

Seeing as I got this game upon release, it's interesting to note that, in real time, this Platinum took me 4 years and 1 month. Wow. My save file, which is a complete play, plus this one to very nearly the end of the game, clocked in at 138 hours 19 minutes. My initial play time from save one was 101 hours and 47 minutes of that. So, over 37 hours for the sake of 5 trophies. I might be mad, but, I can't say I didn't have fun playing it in this way.

Persona 5 Royal next, which has a play time of at least 120 hours I'm led to believe. I do worry I'll get completely burnt out before the end, as large portions of the game are the same as P5...hope not, as it's one of my favourite series', and getting the plat for all of them would be a good achievement. Although Royal is a long game, the trophy requirements can be achieved in one play, and you don't have to do stuff like complete the compendium. Much better! 

This was also my 20th Platinum trophy. I remember thinking when I got a PS3 that I didn't really see the point, but, I really like trophies now. I feel as though they really push me to experience more of a game (as long as the trophies are set the right way anyways!). My plats below, in reverse order from most common to least common, according to PSNProfiles - the numbers on PSN are actually lower.

Spoiler

My Name is Mayo - 96.09% - Yes, I really did buy this just for the plat. An absurdly silly game.
Life is Strange : Before the Storm - 64.45% - Love this game. Easy plat.
Persona 3 Dancing in Moonlight - 49.83% - Part of the PPP
The Walking Dead - 48.63% - Surprised it's that low as you simply complete the game to get it, no collectables or anything
Persona 5 Dancing in Starlight - 47.18% - Part of the PPP
Persona 4 Dancing All Night - 43.38% - Part of the PPP
Life is Strange - 34.73% - Another easy one, just a few collectibles really
Horizon Zero Dawn - 30.85% - A game I enjoyed so much I felt compelled to get everything out of it
The Last of Us Part II - 30.55% - A very easy plat
Final Fantasy VII - 25.01% - My favourite ever game, although I'd done it all before, I wanted the trophy to prove it!
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince - 23.86% - First ever plat, easily the best HP game, not sure why it's such a low percentage, I just remember lots of collectibles
Persona 5 Strikers - 23.75% - Fair bit of grind, but not too bad
Final Fantasy XIII-2 - 20.70% - I remember barely missing out on the FFXIII plat cos it had a stupid 'get every item' trophy, which in FFXIII, was not easy. So I did do this one
Rocket League - 19.96% - A really really easy plat, inflated (deflated?) percentage due to the sheer amount of players 
Final Fantasy VII Remake - 18.48% - A bit grindy, but not too bad. I really had to learn the battle system to beat the harder bosses, though - a good thing
Final Fantasy Lightning Returns - 17.48% - A really good FF, enjoyed this one a lot
Uncharted 2 - 15.88% - I guess the low percentage is due to some difficultly specific trophies, which probably lower a lot of games trophy earns. Uncharted, though, is a series which I've always liked playing on the hardest difficulty
Persona 5 - 10.37% - Part of the PPP
Beyond: Two Souls - 9.12% - I like David Cage games, OK? I guess most people gave up cos it is super grindy, although in a different way to RPGs of course. Maybe I should go back and do Heavy Rain and Detroit too...
Ni No Kuni - 8.87% - Another one I felt compelled to do. Plat is harder because it relies upon RNG for the rarer drops you need. Great game.

Edited by hogso

Started my Renegade Femshep run.  Back in the day I was just straight-up, vanilla-default Paragon so eager to see how this pans out.  I've heard good things.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

Started my Renegade Femshep run.  Back in the day I was just straight-up, vanilla-default Paragon so eager to see how this pans out.  I've heard good things.

Best way to play. 

One of things I really like about Mass Effect is, though, that there is often no truly Paragon or Renegade choice. Especially for the big plot choices, like curing the genophage, killing the last Ragnai (?) and so on. 

15 hours ago, hogso said:

Best way to play. 

One of things I really like about Mass Effect is, though, that there is often no truly Paragon or Renegade choice. Especially for the big plot choices, like curing the genophage, killing the last Ragnai (?) and so on. 

Rachni.

Spoiler

That's the one thing that disappointed me about 3. It put this big emphasis on saving or killing the species, there's a big speech if you do save them so you kind of expected them to appear again (I was REALLY hoping for an army of them to take some Reapers out in the Battle for Earth) but no, just a few little dialogue things and that's it. Defo killing them off this time round.

• Thanks 1

Ooh, I never got round to actually finishing 3 so that's handy to know, think I'll do the same and fry the suckers this time round.  Would be in keeping with the absolute bastard my Shep has been thus far (I've really enjoyed verbally bitch-slapping Ashley at every opportunity).

Jenette Goldstein GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 1

PPP update - Royal is a real triumph, it's so much more than a mere DLC add on, with an additional semester and 2 new confidants. I can't ever imagine going back to vanilla P5 now. There are a few frustrations, the requirement for motion controls for the Darts mini game is super annoying, although if they were trying to replicate the precision and skill required in real darts, well, they nailed that...it's a good job the benefits of playing it are good, otherwise I'd never touch it. 

Starting the third dungeon soon, so still a looong way to go.

• 2 weeks later...

ended up getting miles morales rather than RE8 as i saw a shiny special offer

i cant get in to it, the first game i didnt think i was going to enjoy and was really pleasantly surprised by how much i did like it but this one which is more of the same feels tired straight away, glad i didnt get the special edition 

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/05/2021 at 23:32, Villan_of_oz said:

On PC all I play us Cities Skylines and FM 19

I’ve been playing Cities Skyline on PS4 all last week and it’s great. Such a relaxing experience for unwinding after a stressful day. 😀

• Like 1

Red Faction 2 on Xbox one x.

It has not aged well at all. I absolutely loved the pants off it when it first came out. Never realised Jason Statham was in it lol. 

7 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Waiting to crack this one open. I'm stalling on a beat-em-up marathon that will hopefully culminate with this.

Oh in that case you deffo need to play this one. It feels great on a PS4 controller when you land punches. 

in the first lockdown I also had a beat-em-up marathon, playing and streaming the classic arcade games like Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, The Punisher, Alien vs Predator, Final Fight. So much fun and only if I had some free time like that again 😅 

• Like 1

Â