coda

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, duke313 said:

As if sacking two managers in one season, sitting in 11th after spending £300m, they now hire an average manager the previously sacked.

Chelsea have officially entered their banter era.

If only it was £300m, its reportedly £500m this season.

Add in £40 plus million on paying off tuchel and paying Brighton over 20 mill for potter, then potters pay out reportedly 4 million due to some clause ( plus the 10 million for this seasons wages) so on managers they have spent over 50 million so far !! They also spent 54 million to agents this season, so grey have actually spent 600 million plus this season on the 1st team set up ( not including coaches hired and fired).

Hope Frank lampards Chelsea collapse completely 🤣🤣

Wow, Chelsea have problems. I understand it's worth appointing a temporary manager with more experience than the current coach, but who are the football people advising that this is a good appointment?

I can't see the next few years being happy ones for their fans.

Just now, Jonesy7211 said:

Wow, Chelsea have problems. I understand it's worth appointing a temporary manager with more experience than the current coach, but who are the football people advising that this is a good appointment?

I can't see the next few years being happy ones for their fans.

Which is good news for us next few seasons with Emery building his team. There is a vacancy the big 6.

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah this is absolute madness, by what metric is Lampard better than Potter, even with the " legendary " status he has there?

They may as well have kept Potter until end of season, absolute madhouse Chelsea ATM

Doesnt he have a better win record at Chelsea from before?

You could equally ask by what metric is Potter a better manager than Lampard, Potter finished 15th 41 points, 15th 41 points, and 9th 51 points with Brighton, was bottom half Championship with a Swansea team that Cooper took to the play-offs after they sold their two best players Dan James and Ollie McBurnie; his only real good season was last season, and even that wasn't that great, when you look at the players he had available, and the fact that other managers that have had nowhere near the amount of hype have done better with less money and less talented squads, and also it took him more than two seasons to get to that point with them, and then obviously failed big time with Chelsea.

In Lampard's favour could say that he took Derby to play-offs, finished top four with Chelsea when they couldn't spend so made use of their academy players, and last season saved Everton from relegation.

My point isn't that Lampard is a good manager, or that he's better than Potter, neither have done anything to suggest they should be managing a club of Chelsea's recent standing and expectations.

Â