coda

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

Sack a manager that got you to 6th

I guess that's why they call them the blues. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, osmark86 said:

Them sacking Poch is just perplexing. It's like they're actively competing with Man Utd on who can be the biggest banter club.

It seems like they're looking for the perfect manager for their 'project' and that candidate has to be:

• Young & tactically progressive
  • Willing to work within the structure with two sporting directors
  • Happy to be involved in all transfer discussions (Tuchel didn't want this)
  • Content to have no say in the chosen targets (Poch didn't like this).
  • Open to losing any homegrown player that might need to be sold for PSR.

I'm not sure if there's anyone out there who fits all these criteria, and if they do, whether they will be good/impressive enough to win over the dressing room.

Well they've spent a crap load of money, and I'm assuming Poch is liking his first 11 or some resemblance of a first 11, and if they have to sell the likes of Gallagher for PSR that's going to mess things up for him. Probably told they wouldn't need to do that at the start, and now it turns out they do. I honestly thought next season they'd be pushing top 4 and we'd be having to fight with them and Spurs etc. But now I'm not so sure they'll be able to. They've lost Silva and Poch and I don't really see any replacements or who is going to be the chosen ones to replace them. Hopefully they've shot themselves in the foot again and have another awful season (by their standards) 🤣

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I don’t know you managed Leicester????

Explains why he disappeared for the last 9 month's and then suddenly came back once the season was done.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Rds1983 said:

Explains why he disappeared for the last 9 month's and then suddenly came back once the season was done.

It finally all makes sense!!!

On 21/05/2024 at 14:11, bobzy said:

What the hell are Chelsea doing :D 

It's not just that Poch figured out how to unlock that squad, but the squad was finally clearly feeling good about their manager and themselves, and this just pulls the plug on the whole project.

Again.

13 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Ive been rumbled

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Seems like they're after McKenna, what a huge risk.  

If they are going after McKenna and looking to sell Gallagher, Chalobah etc. it screams they cannot spend and might explain why Poch went "I'm out". 

If so, indeed it is better for us :) 

17 hours ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

It seems like they're looking for the perfect manager for their 'project' and that candidate has to be:

• Young & tactically progressive
  • Willing to work within the structure with two sporting directors
  • Happy to be involved in all transfer discussions (Tuchel didn't want this)
  • Content to have no say in the chosen targets (Poch didn't like this).
  • Open to losing any homegrown player that might need to be sold for PSR.

I'm not sure if there's anyone out there who fits all these criteria, and if they do, whether they will be good/impressive enough to win over the dressing room.

Graham Potter  :D 

3 hours ago, duke313 said:

Seems like they're after McKenna, what a huge risk.  

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Man thats gonna end in tears 😢 

Better for us 

I guess you never know, maybe he's the next Mourinho. I do think footballers (especially PL ones) are not necessarily the most open-minded bunch and might be thinking to themselves 'I moved to Chelsea in a £50+m transfer to be managed by Ipswich's manager??'

If they go for McKenna it's just horrible all round. No-one wins, except McKenna can retire off the payout he'll get next Christmas. Ipswich go down breaking records as they go and Chelsea start over. They're just an awful club. From their racist fanbase to their imbecilic owner to their impact on the wider football community. **** Chelsea to high heaven.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I guess you never know, maybe he's the next Mourinho. I do think footballers (especially PL ones) are not necessarily the most open-minded bunch and might be thinking to themselves 'I moved to Chelsea in a £50+m transfer to be managed by Ipswich's manager??'

I can imagine all those egos at chelsea listening to a manager thats never managed anywhere near the level the expectations of these players.

Also i think the chelsea fans will never accept him as he is not a big enough name. Mckenna better off staying at ipswich or taking brighton job

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

He could be, but it's one hell of a risk in finding out.  He only has two and half years experience in management, a club the size of Chelsea shouldn't be taking that gamble.    

McKenna if he has any sense will stay with Ipswich and enjoy their reward of getting to the Premier League. He’s got plenty of years ahead to get a bigger move, this isn’t his only chance to make it. Even if his side struggle to stay up, he can still do enough to enhance his reputation. Going straight to Chelsea after two seasons (albeit very successful ones) in the EFL, will end in tears.

If Chelsea do go for him I hope he turns them down, for Ipswich, for his sake and for the Chelsea optics.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I can imagine all those egos at chelsea listening to a manager thats never managed anywhere near the level the expectations of these players.

Also i think the chelsea fans will never accept him as he is not a big enough name. Mckenna better off staying at ipswich or taking brighton job

It's a big risk and the thing is, McKenna is going from a level that is far below that that these players were at even before Chelsea.... Enzo (Benfica), Palmer/Sterling (City), Disasi/Badiashille (Monaco), Gusto (Lyon), Mudryk (Shakhtar) etc.  Couple it with going from manager like Poch who has a relatively big reputation, some players will see this is a massive come down!          Long story short, I love it!!!  🙂

spacer.png

Â