coda

Kind of makes sense. It's a modern football invention to have these interim or firefighting coaches. He knows most of the players and the background staff. No decent manager will move in April. Then they can make their big strategic long term choice in the summer- and then sack him within 18 months.

Potter had to go. It was a dreadful choice as he does not fit in with Chelsea's flashy transfer style. Basically they should have kept with Tuchel until the end of the season.

Edited by The Fun Factory

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Surprised how positively Chelsea fans have reacted to this. It's a complete nothing hiring. May as well have just give Potter more time. 

Lampard was deemed to have failed with a 52% win rate at Chelsea. Potter's was 38%. Potter had a bit of a shambles of a club to walk into, but so did Lampard with their transfer embargo.For context, Tim Sherwood had a winrate of 36% with us.

I can see what you're saying that there's absolutely no chance Lampard is getting it long term so why not see if Potter could fix it before the season was over, but the fans had truly turned on Potter, the players didn't seem to respect him. He was doing an absolutely atrocious job, and the longer he stayed, the more flak the owner was going to get.

They're writing the season off, finding a new manager without having to keep it hush hush, and have calmed down the supporters. 

• Like 2

Rory Jennings must have had too much of the old guinness over in Dublin...

Hang on Rory, the Same Ashley Cole that was a disastrous part of the Everton coaching set up with Frank? I'm just waiting on Frank Sinclair and Jody Morris to join and complete the crap coach set.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Rory Jennings must have had too much of the old guinness over in Dublin...

Hang on Rory, the Same Ashley Cole that was a disastrous part of the Everton coaching set up with Frank? I'm just waiting on Frank Sinclair and Jody Morris to join and complete the crap coach set.

Guy is a nutter. Married, had a child, seen Chelsea win the league countless times. Seen them win the Champions League. But nope, this is the greatest day of his life. 

Edited by PieFacE

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Guy is a nutter. Married, had a child, seen Chelsea win the league countless times. Seen them win the Champions League. But nope, this is the greatest day of his life. 

The epitome of an entitled modern supporter.

34 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

This is the funniest news I've had today, he's shite, he's proved he's shite many times. New Chelsea owner is the new eejit on the block

They are the new banter club.  

Imagine starting the season with Tuchel and ending it with Lampard, whilst spending over £600m on players and managers.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Surprised how positively Chelsea fans have reacted to this. It's a complete nothing hiring. May as well have just give Potter more time. 

Walked past a Chelsea Pub on the way to the game Saturday, they were singing Super Frank, they did at the game as well.

Might be an awful manager, but they love him. They won't get Champions League, wont get Relegated so the owners might as well put in a club legend to win favour with the fans.

1 hour ago, pas5898 said:

Walked past a Chelsea Pub on the way to the game Saturday, they were singing Super Frank, they did at the game as well.

Might be an awful manager, but they love him. They won't get Champions League, wont get Relegated so the owners might as well put in a club legend to win favour with the fans.

I can see the school of thought, but I feel like if they are going to bring in a manager who's out of contract, they may as well push for that now so the new guy can get to know the squad before pre-season. He would have a much better idea for what's needed by that point. Feels like wasted time to me.

Though obviously it's a different story if they're waiting on Ancelotti or something of that nature. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Lampard was deemed to have failed with a 52% win rate at Chelsea. Potter's was 38%. Potter had a bit of a shambles of a club to walk into, but so did Lampard with their transfer embargo.For context, Tim Sherwood had a winrate of 36% with us.

I can see what you're saying that there's absolutely no chance Lampard is getting it long term so why not see if Potter could fix it before the season was over, but the fans had truly turned on Potter, the players didn't seem to respect him. He was doing an absolutely atrocious job, and the longer he stayed, the more flak the owner was going to get.

They're writing the season off, finding a new manager without having to keep it hush hush, and have calmed down the supporters. 

The transfer embargo was probably the best thing for Lampard when he arrived, all he had to do was integrate some highly promising young players into an already very strong squad. Things fell apart in his second season when he had to integrate over £200m worth of talent plus Thiago Silva. 

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

I reckon he’ll do surprisingly well in the final part of the season. Then get the gig full time on a 6 year deal before the wheels come off before Christmas and he gets sacked.

I think that's a real possibility. 

New manager bounce, and then found out. Again. 

• Like 1

Â