Marc Albrighton

kingeightyone

I've always liked Albrighton. He'd offer us some natural width which we're really lacking at the minute. Tonev on the left, Albrighton on the right and Kozak up front on his own. Give Benteke a rest to get fully fit. Just whip balls into Kozak all game. 

Edited by PieFacE

I wonder has Lambert seen an obvious weakness in Sunderland (one of many I'd imagine). Go 4-4-2 and whip balls in to both big men. See what comes out of it. Have Delph & Westwood loitering with intent outside the box for any stray or poor clearances :) Old school ftw.

Something we have desperately missed is an out and out winger to put balls in the box and IF Albrighton can get back to the level he had when he first broke in he could be a huge asset to us

I think its to give us another option, hopefully its given Albrighton a kick up the backside.

I don't think Albrighton needed a kick up the backside. He struggled somewhat in his second season but it was always a possibility as opposing players knew more about him. His constant injuries since then has meant he's had little chance to work through that and develop his game. The time at Wigan has hopefully got him upto match speed and if he has an injury free time we can see if he's able to make progress with his game.

• Like 1

If he needs our most outright winger back at the club he must be adamant about having Benteke and Kozak up top together.

With Albrighton on the wing, those two up front together might just work. As long as Albrighton can get his crosses past the first man, Benteke and Kozak will surely cause havok for a few people?

What would be even more mouth-watering would be Gabby on the left wing, popping up at the back post whenever Albrighton crosses.

Kozak, Benteke AND Gabby having balls crossed on to their heads... That's surely a title-winning tactic, right there?!

So does he play in place of Andi if he comes in?

That would probably be the simplest solution although I wouldn't like to see Andi out of the team (he looked up for it against WBA).

The obvious weakness there is in the engine room.  That's a lot of work for KEA & Delph to get through and they could get over-run.  It's probably not a million miles from what we'd end up using if Marc gets into the side though.

Beat me to it samjp26.

I have stated elsewhere that if Lambert was going to continue to play Kozak and Benteke upfront then he would need a wide man to supply them.

Maybe he reads or is starting to read VT.

Absolutely nothing to read into this at the moment. His loan is expiring. We don't know if he is coming back because he is being "recalled" or Wigan are still deciding whether they want him longer term or Wigan don't want him or we just want him back as cover.

But I think if Lambert was seriously considering starting him he would not have sent him to Wigan in the first place. I don't think he rates him. His contract is up in the summer and doesn't look like it will be renewed.

Absolutely nothing to read into this at the moment. His loan is expiring. We don't know if he is coming back because he is being "recalled" or Wigan are still deciding whether they want him longer term or Wigan don't want him or we just want him back as cover.

But I think if Lambert was seriously considering starting him he would not have sent him to Wigan in the first place. I don't think he rates him. His contract is up in the summer and doesn't look like it will be renewed.

Errrr no.

• Like 1

Â