Marc Albrighton

kingeightyone

Great to see the original version of  Marc Albrighton finally return. I would certainly throw him in against Man City to swing in those crosses for Kozak.

Going forward Albrighton is miles better than James Milner ever was but if he could just bring Milner's defensive attributes to his game he really could become the complete player for us.

Very promising performance yesterday though, no question.

Couldn't disagree more, really...

He has been poor the past 2 seasons but he's been injured. 

But if Lambert has him on the bench then he definitely see's something. Injuries have definitely stunted his development as a player, so hopefully he gets some game time and takes his chance to prove himself again under PL 

He was only on the bench due to numbers and actually got told he would not play. Was fuming apparently as he was due to have an operation on his throat on Friday that got cancelled because he was made to travel with the team.

Would have gone to Derby if he had not had to have the operation.

Wants to play football and if he has to leave to do that then he will. Not sure who would pick up his 28k a week wages though!!

I can vouch that this is indeed a true summary of what went on.

I think last night is the final nail in the coffin for Marc at avfc. Time to let bygones be bygones.

What? He was comfortably our best player. What a load of rubbish. Yeah, if he'd been crap then I'd be inclined to agree, but slagging him off when he did naff all wrong last night is absurd.

• Like 4

I think last night is the final nail in the coffin for Marc at avfc. Time to let bygones be bygones.

Can't agree.

Universally accepted as our best player last night.

Means very little I'm afraid. It's like saying Mao was better than Stalin.

Mao was better than Stalin.

• Like 1

Can't agree.

Had Zeki Fryers in his back pocket a lot of the time, offered us some real width and put some good crosses in.

Defensively I think Tottenham lined up pretty well, especially with Sandro and Paulinho in midfield, so for Marc to shine at all is a good thing.

Not saying he will instantly come back and be a world beater but I think there is a place for him in our team/squad.

that isnt really a 5 man midfield, its 3 strikers, 2 midfielders and a winger, we would get torn apart

It can be deployed as a 5 man midfield, let's face it, Gabby and Andi will be midfielders as they will have to soak up Man City possession, all the other teams that play 4-5-1 have 2 midfielders sitting deep to protect the defence, Albrighton and Gabby to protect the full backs when they attack us.  I think Weimann may be better in behind Kozak than on the wide right., Tonev just isn't ready!

Think it's fair to say that rumour from last page is cack.

Looking forward to seeing him.

Really?

Just ponder how I would know he was watching a family member play football on Sunday then. Not even bothered if people believe it either.

Does he really get 28k a week?

Going forward Albrighton is miles better than James Milner ever was but if he could just bring Milner's defensive attributes to his game he really could become the complete player for us.

Is he ****. Albrighton doesn't belong in the same league as Milner. Benteke aside, Milner is the best player we've had in the team for the last decade.

Is he ****. Albrighton doesn't belong in the same league as Milner. Benteke aside, Milner is the best player we've had in the team for the last decade.
I have to agree.

Albrighton is no where near the level of player Milner is.

Edited by Big_John_10

Can't agree.

Do they play for Chelsea?

Im not convinced MA is good enough.

However - we looked at our best last season when Weiman was attacking with pace down the flanks. I like us with a wide player - IMO the most dangerous attacking move is a winger, getting to the bye line and pulling the ball back across goal.

If MA is the closest we have to that - maybe he deserves a go.

Â