Marc Albrighton

kingeightyone

Going forward Albrighton is miles better than James Milner ever was but if he could just bring Milner's defensive attributes to his game he really could become the complete player for us.

Is he ****. Albrighton doesn't belong in the same league as Milner. Benteke aside, Milner is the best player we've had in the team for the last decade.

I'm not sure I agree with that. Ashley Young at his best was better.

I like Marc but I can't defend him for the sake of it

He's useless and has to go now

Considering everyone else was worse last night I guess we need a new team excluding the few missing right?

Wasn't that the first competitive game he's played in over 8 months or something crazy like that?

If he was a bit rusty I wouldn't of been surprised but he was lively and tracked back well. Worked hard for the team, put a few good (one really good) crosses into the box and managed to create a chance for himself mid-way through the 1st half.

• Like 1

I cant believe somebody has suggested allbrighton is better than milner going forward. thats hillarious!

I suggested it & I still stand by it too. To qualify that statement I confirm that, only when on form, Albrighton is definitely better at beating his man & crossing the ball into the box than JM. Milner is very poor one on one & his crossing is pretty poor both for England & Man City. If you don't believe me watch him a few times & this will quickly become apparent.

Obviously James Milner is the better all round player of the two both because of his defensive ability & his utilisation in central midfield &/or Right Back.

So, to sum up, Albrighton is a better attacking wide player than James Milner, Milner is a better defensive wide midfield player than Albrighton but due to his consistency & versatility Milner is the better overall player.

Hope that makes everything clear.

Also, I'll make a prediction that the majority of VT posters will eventually come round to my way of thinking if Marc Albrighton can match last nights encouraging performance on a regular basis. Remember too he is still only young & as not yet reached his footballing maturity unlike JM who has been around playing regularly since the age of 17 at Leeds.

cant compare Milner to Albrighton. Milner was only good for us when at CM. He was shit on the wing.

For his first game in ages.. I thought he did really fine. Lambert was happy with him as well so that speaks volumes of his attitude.. he retained his shirt number and wasn't given a bomb squad number.

He went through a bad run.. which all young players do then suffered two bad injuries. Hes struggled under a shit manager.

Why doesn't he get to have a chance under Paul Lambert like everyone else? We have seen worse players lift their form for Lambert.

Albrighton seems a confidence player to me who needs to be believed in and given confidence and guess what.. that's one of Lamberts best attribute as a manager.

I think he will come good.. he is still fairly young (around the same age that PL goes and buys his players).

I thought he was more effective against Tottenham than Wiemann has been in the last few games.

I would love to see him play in Wiemann's position especially when Benteke is in the side.

Edited by KSV
  • Like 2

I'm not surprised he's being praised.

Expectations are now so low that as long as you run around a bit you're a good player

He didn't just "run around a bit" v spurs though did he? Put in some good crosses, tracked back to help with the defence and was always looking to run at there defenders with the ball.

Going forward Albrighton is miles better than James Milner ever was but if he could just bring Milner's defensive attributes to his game he really could become the complete player for us.

Is he ****. Albrighton doesn't belong in the same league as Milner. Benteke aside, Milner is the best player we've had in the team for the last decade.

I'm not sure I agree with that. Ashley Young at his best was better.

Id have Barry and Laursen ahead of them as well

I like Marc. Happy for him to stay. Good squad player really. We're not in a position to have brilliant players on the bench. Simply can't afford it. Can we get a better player than Albrighton for the money he's probably on? Unlikely.

• 1 month later...

ClubCall: Wigan boss Owen Coyle has confirmed that he will this week step up his bid to sign Aston Villa midfielder Marc Albrighton. Villa manager Paul Lambert is considering sending 23-year-old Albrighton out on loan to regain his match fitness after an injury-hit few months.

Goal.com: Wigan manager Owen Coyle had admitted he would be interested in signing Aston Villa midfielder Marc Albrighton on loan. Villa boss Paul Lambert revealed last week that there was a possibility Albrighton, yet to make a Premier League appearance this season, would be allowed to leave on loan as he bids to step up his match fitness.

Wigan Observer: Latics are hoping to tie up the loan capture of Marc Albrighton from Aston Villa in the next 24 hours. And the 23-year-old could be in line to make a dramatic debut on Wednesday night against QPR.

All so serious? I really like Marc, he needed Villa  :rant:  :(

As much as I would prefer him to be an option from the bench, I think a loan at a club in the championship will do him wonders. He will be playing week in week out and hopefully in Europe so it can only be good for him really.

Â