Marc Albrighton

kingeightyone

What happens if most of Albrighton's crosses fly into the Holte end as I remember from the reading game last season?

He's been doing that for about 3 years now never mind the Reading game!

he hasnt been properly fit for a while and he hasnt had a chance under Lambert. Give him a chance. He played at a good level once.. he had second season syndrome.. but he hasnt mad many opportunities to recover from Mcleish's teachings.

he hasnt been properly fit for a while and he hasnt had a chance under Lambert. Give him a chance. He played at a good level once.. he had second season syndrome.. but he hasnt mad many opportunities to recover from Mcleish's teachings.

after his breakthrough season he has played 41 times, people can only remember his breakthrough season. I think this level is too much for him, he has no tricks and no pace and he is quite easy to mark out of a game, full backs had him sorted out pretty quickly

makes sense to bring him back. we've got 8 games between 30 Nov and 1 Jan. Tonev not been impressive so far. In fact, very few attacking players in much form at the minute. and there's always likelihood of injuries & need to rotate when you have a lot of fixtures in succession so I'd be surprised if Albrighton doesn't get at least some gametime.

Watching him now during the Brighton game.

Positives:

Easily the best crosser on the pitch

Disciplined. Keeping his position to the inch. No wonder Coyle loves him.

Beat his man by trickery a few times

Negatives:

Low energy, several times the camera has every player running on the pitch except one, Marc. Emerson Boyce (age 34) has twice the energy marc does.

Poor pace. For someone who plays on the wing he struggles beating his man for pace. Has to rely on his skill.

Poor tackles. I cant remember Marc tackling anyone, ever.

He is replaced by McClean and Albrighton looks much better in comparison. Wigan immediately become much worse as McClean takes himself out of the game by hugging the touchline unlike Marc who plays a far effective game using all of the wing.

All of Brighton's attacks now coming down the wing with McLean on , clearly targeting that wing now Marc is off. Smart, I have to say Coyle made a mistake subbing him, in particular for a weak/erratic player like McClean.

Game over.

Still not sure Marc is ready for our team, McClean continues to be awful and Holt is a thug.

Most of that sounds like the marc we know, low energy could just be getting used to it all again though. He was never really lightning quick anyway was he?

Could be. He was clearly missed after he was subbed.

I like Marc (who doesnt? Great lad), on that performance though he still has a ways to go to break into our starting line up. The idea of him pushing out Bacuna or Weimann on the right is hard to see.

If he does play I think he will help our possession and make us more solid in midfield, at the detriment to our attacking play.

Still we all want him to do well, maybe Lambert has a formation in mind that will play to his strengths?

The issue I have is if he starts on Saturday and plays poorly the crowd will be on his back and he'll probably drop back to the bench.

Given he's starting for Wigan, I'd have liked to have seen him stay there until the new year and then bring him back and play him in the fa cup if it's an easy draw and ease him back in that way rather than just throwing him straight back.

We'll see. I just think it's case of a player we haven't seen for ages (see N'zogbia) so people think of him as a potential saviour and when we see him play again we'll be reminded of his limitations and why he hasn't been in the team for a while.

What I don't understand is if he'd played like Tonev has for us throughout his career I'd understand but he has hardly been shocking. Has he been consistently good? No but what youngsters have been? If people say he's 24 and not a youngster then when was the last time he played for us consistently when he was 22? Case in point.

Lets see what he's got to offer and get behind him not on his back if you go to the games. Far to much negativity over a player that has barely played for us over the last year or so.

Based on his summer antics of working hard to save his career here and his performances against Spurs in the League Cup where he was the only one who looked moderately good (Lambert saying he played well in the post match interview) I believe he'll at least be given his chance here before the end of the season.

I hope he proves a lot of naysayers wrong as well.

i don't think its fair judging him tin respect to other players in the squad. Its about Albrighton and what Albrighton can do for Aston Villa, week-in week-out. Loyalty to the club alone does'nt really cut it at the end of the day.

Personally, I feel he is playing at a level too far, but thats just what I think and I'm sure others think different. But, if Lambert was prepared to persevere with the lad, then he has to be given that support.

Very happy to see MA playing for us again. He and Lowton are the only ones who seem to be able to put in decent crosses.

He's not brilliant at beating his man running down the wing, but he can cross and finish, so I definitely think there's room for him, especially as a sub who will bring something different to a game.

Â