Marc Albrighton

kingeightyone

11 hours ago, useless said:

People forget now because of the career he's gone on to have, but before he left us a lot of our fans were very negative about him.

I'd had my doubts about him, but the last 7 or 8 months he was here he consistently looked our best and most committed player every time he managed to get on the pitch. Would do more in 20 minutes than the rest of the team managed over the whole 90, then wouldn't get on til the 85th minute the next week. 

Given how shit we were around then, I suspect lots who didn't particularly rate him as a world beater had come to the conclusion that he deserved a new contract. He clearly offered a lot more than the players he was competing with for a squad place. 

Whether it was Lambert being stubborn, Lerner refusing to cough up the funds or a combination of both, the whole thing stank

• Like 1

8 hours ago, choffer said:

Highlight of the first few pages of this thread.

Ooft, that takes me back.  Forgot I had that PB account; I've just had a deep-dive through some crappy, low-effort, decade-old, context-less japes. 

Lots of Salifou in there, but I think this is my favourite:

PetrovHisRoll.jpg.f7cca51a8c33c6f5f2c2bbededcef986.jpg

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/02/2023 at 10:58, GarethRDR said:

Ooft, that takes me back.  Forgot I had that PB account; I've just had a deep-dive through some crappy, low-effort, decade-old, context-less japes. 

Lots of Salifou in there, but I think this is my favourite:

PetrovHisRoll.jpg.f7cca51a8c33c6f5f2c2bbededcef986.jpg

Available to view?

• 1 year later...
10 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Looking at his career moves so far, it seems that he wants to stay in the Midlands. He couldn't end up at Blues, could he? 

Probably a bigger club like Walsall or Burton

• Haha 4

On 04/05/2024 at 19:05, rodders0223 said:

On a free. 34 years young.

You know it makes sense Unai.

Could he do what Young did in his second period at the club?

for a minimum wage, he could be a useful backup, maybe while he tries to get his coaching badges.

Maybe Derby County would be a good fit, they seem to like our form players Hourihane, Collins, Blackett-Taylor, Chester, and Davies, have all played for them in the last two seasons, 

2 hours ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Looking at his career moves so far, it seems that he wants to stay in the Midlands. He couldn't end up at Blues, could he? 

spacer.png

I wonder if Marc has ever checked out what we think of him

if I were him and I'd read that as an up and coming player, I'd be damn sure to come back a decade later to post a selfie of me wearing my premier league medal, but I'm a small, petty clearing in the woods :D

41 minutes ago, T-Dog said:

Crikey, this was some opening post.

I guess they must have given him his Premier League and FA Cup winners medals as some kind of care in the community programme. 

• Haha 1

Maybe Wrexham  will try and sign him, failed with Vardy, but Albrighton perhaps more realistic, he's probably still good enough for Championship, but if Wrexham build a team good enough to challenge for promotion would give him oppo to end on an high

Â