Villa Kit 2012-2013

deeps

I dont mind Macron to be honest. I can tell you I dont like Nike products, I dont own any Nike stuff at all.Im quite gald we have finished with them. I think there trainers are shit, from what people have siad the quality of the villa replica kits isnt great and it always took them ages to bring the stuff out.

Plus Nike are associated with Man Utd and I **** hate that lot. I would happily set fire to anything associated with Man Utd especially Wayne Rooney.

I really don't get the moaning. Shit Nike kits from a company that didn't give a shit about us and didn't pay much, or a company who look perfectly ok to me, are proud to have us on board and are paying us shedloads?

I really don't get the moaning. Shit Nike kits from a company that didn't give a shit about us and didn't pay much, or a company who look perfectly ok to me, are proud to have us on board and are paying us shedloads?

That's about the size of it for me. Plus this season's jersey doesn't have to be a Christmas present.

People are moaning about quality my mates got a Braga top made by macron and its just as good as you'll get. They are a dedicated sporting brand with us as there big name. Unlike Nike who are a fashion brand and we are just another team. This deal is the best we could get financially and hopefully it will lead to a long term partnership.

I've had a look at Nike's new Barcelona kit for next season and it looks pretty awful, as does this year's, in my opinion. I think they've run out of ideas to be honest and I would not be surprised if one or two more clubs leave them over the next few years. Fashions come and fashions go and it looks as if other football shirt manufacturers are ambitious and looking to move up the ladder hence the deals we are seeing being made with other clubs signing up with lesser known brands. Obviously money is the bottom line, but it looks as though these ambitious new companies are prepared to outbid the more established players in a move to get a slice of the action. It'll be interesting to see how Nike, Adidas and co respond to this new competition.

This Macron deal reminds me a little of our shift to Le Coq Sportif in '82.

Here's one less shirt sold for each of the next 4 seasons then. I'll stick with my Nike ones ta.

Good on you, supporting Nike first and foremost.

I buy Villa shirts for two reasons:

1: To show my colours, proudly wearing it.

2: To support the club with money.

I was excited when we got Nike, I can't deny that, but as it seems we didn't get that much out of it, this seems to be a lot better deal for us. If you're United or Barcelona then Nike is probably the best, but for a club like us I don't think it's that beneficial. At least we get paid some good money for this one.

I agree,

and even more i'm somewhat of a shirt collector, but for personal preference, i'll stick with and wear my Nike Claret and Blue proudly.

Plus if were getting good money for this deal and it's not based on shirt sales a la the Nike deal, then I won't have to buy poorly manufactured goods.

I have owned 4 of our Nike shirts, none of which were poorly manufactured. I also liked all bar last season's kit (I don't like chest bearing V-necks).

I bought 3 Diadora shirts and two Hummel ones and I have chucked all of them away because they were rancid, especially the Hummel one with the light blue dog collar and the all pink Diadora home shirt. I have kept the Nike ones because they are good quality and just look less chavy. My other favourite Villa kits were made by Umbro and Reebok; all strong, established brands.

Is it any wonder that I am slightly sceptical about a company associated with no other Premier League club and only a handful of largeish clubs around Europe? The last few times we've had kits made by smaller brands they've been crap. That's not to say that lesser known brands are guarnateed to be rubbish but from the Macron kits I've seen I haven't seen one that I really like yet. To me they all look like fake Kappa.

If I bought a pair of trainers I would always choose a reputable brand and having learnt from previous mistakes that is what I would prefer to do when it comes to football shirts. If I don't like the new Villa shirt I won't just go and spend £45 on it anyway out of loyalty, I can find other stuff to reflect my love for the club like a scarf, although the ones they sell in the club shop at the moment are rubbish (unfortunately I lost my very long stripey Villa scarf). But I do wonder how many other fans feel like me and whether this deal could see less shirts being sold? For me it's not about fashion but whether I look like an idiot or not and most of the time the reputable brands tend to get it about right whereas my experiences with Wizadora and Pummel have been bad.

As for those not bothered by lables, you cannot ignore the fact that the Nike tick does help with sales. Kids are bothered by labels more than adults so those saying 'what does it matter?', well it might do to Villa's commercial department. Do you trust them to get this one right? I don't.

So we got a better financial deal?

Good stuff. That's me done with this thread then. I still find it mind boggling how many adult humans give a flying toss about the kit aside from revenue. Very strange.

£40? Can get myself a nice "going out" top from Religion for that ta very much.

Perhaps as empty as somebody who can think nothing better to do than moan about people having an opinion.

Or somebody moaning about that moaning.

I'm not moaning, just voicing an opinion, I have plenty of other things to moan about than having one crappy brand name sweat shop made piece of crap over another lesser named sweat shop made piece of crap.

Its quite sad that people are so shallow.

According to your rules we should only worry about proper things so I suggest all football forums are shut down. Football is just a pastime afterall.

YAWN!!!!!

you read what you want to see.

I was trying to point out how petty some people can be over branded mass prouced poor quality tat.

peer pressures a bitch.

According to your rules we should only worry about proper things so I suggest all football forums are shut down. Football is just a pastime afterall.

:lol:

Therr's a bit of a difference between discussing a match/ manager/ players abilities (or lack of) and the maker of our kit.

It's still a talking point, hence the 50+ pages, but for someone to be so angry about Macron that they wont buy the shirt, is pretty sad IMO.

I can understand people's thinking when they say they wont go to a match with McLeish in charge or that they'd stop going if we bought Joey Barton.... but cease from buying the kit because it's Macron instead of Nike! Laughable!

I'm looking forward to seeing the kit, as usual, I just hope they don't give us one of those triangular, pointy necks that I've seen on some of their kits.

YAWN!!!!!

you read what you want to see.

I was trying to point out how petty some people can be over branded mass prouced poor quality tat.

peer pressures a bitch.

So some people care about the clothes they wear, so what?

Referring specifically to Villa however, people care about the quality of the shirts and the style because not only do some people like to wear nice things but also it represents our club week in week out on the pitch.

There's no need to get so holier than thou about it, if you don't care about the clothes you wear then that's your prerogative, but there's no need to come here and look down your noses at people. Like someone said earlier, if you don't even care about this stuff then why even post your opinion if it's just going to be a judgement on others?

Â