Villa Kit 2012-2013

deeps

Some people care about what they wear, others don't. Having a sense of style doesn't make you shallow.

:shock:

When did wearing a football shirt ever become a fashion statement ?

It's not about making a fashion statement. I'm not making a fashion statement by wearing the clothes I'm wearing today. I like these clothes, so I bought them, and now I'm wearing them.

I'm more likely to buy, and wear, the new shirt if I think it looks good. There's a middle ground between wearing a loincloth and being Gok Wan.

As long as my loincloth is not checked and I don't have black socks I'm down with that.

Just leave off the Macron man, it might look like a small child trying to escape my pants.....

imarsha_926 can you please start a new tread to display all your designs? i think every one off your designs i have seen have been class, it would be cool to see all your designs with out searching for hours. and the rumours has it we are being spied on by RL and AM, and if the see your designs maybe we are lucky enough to not play in checkered tops next season

click

I was just taking issue with people saying that the kit supplier doesn't matter, or that it makes no difference what the shirt looks like. It was more of a general observation than a scything attack on Macron.

I don't remember anyone mentioning 'it makes no difference what the shirt looks like'. The point being made was - it doesn't really matter who our kit supplier is, as long as the kit is claret, blue & nice looking.

That's why I piped up. You agreed with a post by somebody who, I believe, missed the point.

- 'philthevillan' talked about how he'd binned his previous hummel & villa kits, but he likes the nike and reebok ones.

- 'hycus flange' questioned why people are bothered about a nike 'swoosh'.

Then the following happened...

According to your rules we should only worry about proper things so I suggest all football forums are shut down. Football is just a pastime afterall.

YAWN!!!!!

you read what you want to see.

I was trying to point out how petty some people can be over branded mass prouced poor quality tat.

peer pressures a bitch.

So some people care about the clothes they wear, so what?

Referring specifically to Villa however, people care about the quality of the shirts and the style because not only do some people like to wear nice things but also it represents our club week in week out on the pitch.

There's no need to get so holier than thou about it, if you don't care about the clothes you wear then that's your prerogative, but there's no need to come here and look down your noses at people. Like someone said earlier, if you don't even care about this stuff then why even post your opinion if it's just going to be a judgement on others?

Hear, hear. Some people are completely missing the point; it's not about some superficial affiliation with more popular brands.

At a personal level it's about quality and style. I want to buy next season's home shirt but if it's tacky, I won't. Some people care about what they wear, others don't. Having a sense of style doesn't make you shallow.

In terms of Aston Villa as a whole, the kit is an important part of the club's image. Which matters. Also I'm fairly sure that shirt sales are a significant source of income for the club. If the shirts are shoddy and look awful, I think it's safe to assume that less people will buy them.

Ginko, there's nothing stopping Macron from making a kit of good 'quality and style'. Also, there's a difference between 'caring about the clothes you wear' and turning your nose up at a top just because it's Macron not Nike.

Ooh-Ah, you say it's not about a superficial affiliation with a popular brand but it's about quality and style. Again, whats to stop Macron making a quality, stylish top? Also, no-one said that 'having a sense of style is shallow'. The point being made was, why boycott the purchase of a Villa shirt (before it's even been designed or released!!) just because it's made by Macron. That's shallow, or superficial, or something..

I just think that hycus-flange's point was misread by a few. Unless you both actually think that a kit made by Macron will definatly be horrible, and even if it isn't, you both won't buy it because it's made by Macron, and not Nike/ Puma/ Umbro/ Reebol/ Adidas?

I can see next season's shirt being aligned to our 82 kit with light blue side panels. Possibly with a checked stripe in that.

I hope so!

I'd love to see a brief return of the circular badge too!

(Although, I feel like it should be a landmark season where we actually perform admirably... maybe we should wait a few years before we bring out a special '82 kit)

Actually, I think you missed the point a little Rob, I don't think you read far back enough in the thread. If trawling back through the pages doesn't appeal to you, and I don't blame you if it doesn't, just read the post I made on this thread before this one. I don't want to bore everyone by repeating everything I said.

I have no real pre conceptions about who supplies the kit.

Nike and Umbro are pretty much the same company.

Macron might do a good job on the kit and if it looks good then I will buy it.

One interesting point though is that my office is 10 minutes from the Macron store in Wakefield and I asked them if they would be getting any Villa merchandise in store. Their reply was that AVFC themselves would be solely responsible for distributing the kit and other items and therefore it would not be in the Macron shops.

If thats 100% true then does that mean I cant buy any villa stuff from anywhere apart from Villa Village / On-line or the store in Birmingham (assuming its still there)

Thats not great really !!

I can see next season's shirt being aligned to our 82 kit with light blue side panels. Possibly with a checked stripe in that.

I hope so!

(Although, I feel like it should be a landmark season where we actually perform admirably... maybe we should wait a few years before we bring out a special '82 kit)

macronhome82copy.png

I hope so!

macronhome82copy.png

Really really nice! I would deffo buy that. Youre doing a great job lmarscha!!

I hope so!

macronhome82copy.png

Very good, apart from that **** man. Really hope he's not on the kits.

get rid of the stupid men and i like that, even the collar looks ok. providing it'd be like the current england shirt, and not like our hummel yellow shirts collar from years back, ergh.

lmarshall, have you done a version of our current kits on your template? could we see them next to the likely macron templates? honestly, looking at them now i've got used to the checks they're both among my favourite kits we've had...

get rid of the stupid men and i like that, even the collar looks ok. providing it'd be like the current england shirt, and not like our hummel yellow shirts collar from years back, ergh.

lmarshall, have you done a version of our current kits on your template? could we see them next to the likely macron templates? honestly, looking at them now i've got used to the checks they're both among my favourite kits we've had...

So you want this season's kits

Should not be a problem

So you want this season's kits

Should not be a problem

Done this season's home kit as it will be roughly the same so easy to compare

villahome2011.png

Â