Villa Kit 2012-2013

deeps

Ooh-Ah, you say it's not about a superficial affiliation with a popular brand but it's about quality and style. Again, whats to stop Macron making a quality, stylish top? Also, no-one said that 'having a sense of style is shallow'. The point being made was, why boycott the purchase of a Villa shirt (before it's even been designed or released!!) just because it's made by Macron. That's shallow, or superficial, or something..

I just think that hycus-flange's point was misread by a few. Unless you both actually think that a kit made by Macron will definatly be horrible, and even if it isn't, you both won't buy it because it's made by Macron, and not Nike/ Puma/ Umbro/ Reebol/ Adidas?

I don't think anyone was flat out refusing to by our new kit simply because it's going to be made by Macron. I never said Macron are incapable of making a nice kit, nor did I say that I definitely won't buy next season's shirt because it's made by Macron. If it's nice, I'll buy it. I just think that Macron are less likely to come up with a nice shirt than Nike or Puma or Umbro or Adidas are. Not because these companies are bigger or more popular, but because these companies almost invariably make nicer football kits.

Maybe I'm misinterpreting the general mood in this thread but the impression I got, if I may be so bold as to recklessly categorise everyone into two opposing groups, was that some people (like me) are disappointed that we got Macron, and some people are not.

Of those who are not disappointed, some DO care about what the shirt looks like and are hopeful that Macron deliver on this front, and some don't care about what the shirt looks like. My gripe is with those who don't care, but specifically I was taking issue with posts like hycus-flange's that suggest that people who are complaining about the Macron deal are only doing so because Nike are "cooler":

I'm not moaning, just voicing an opinion, I have plenty of other things to moan about than having one crappy brand name sweat shop made piece of crap over another lesser named sweat shop made piece of crap.

Its quite sad that people are so shallow.

YAWN!!!!!

you read what you want to see.

I was trying to point out how petty some people can be over branded mass prouced poor quality tat.

peer pressures a bitch.

I can't believe I've just spent the last twenty minutes composing a retort for an argument on a message board involving someone called 'hycus-flange'. This is a low.

I can't believe I've just spent the last twenty minutes composing a retort for an argument on a message board involving someone called 'hycus-flange'. This is a low.

And I can't believe that 56 pages have been devoted to talking about a bloody kit! It's a collection of coloured material for Gods sake.

There are more important issues surrounding AVFC than who makes the kit and what the hell it looks like.

It will be claret and blue and that's really all anyone needs to know about it.

There are more important issues surrounding AVFC than who makes the kit and what the hell it looks like.

Exactly. Like why doesn't Villa Park have it's own cat?

Ooh-Ah, you say it's not about a superficial affiliation with a popular brand but it's about quality and style. Again, whats to stop Macron making a quality, stylish top? Also, no-one said that 'having a sense of style is shallow'. The point being made was, why boycott the purchase of a Villa shirt (before it's even been designed or released!!) just because it's made by Macron. That's shallow, or superficial, or something..

I just think that hycus-flange's point was misread by a few. Unless you both actually think that a kit made by Macron will definatly be horrible, and even if it isn't, you both won't buy it because it's made by Macron, and not Nike/ Puma/ Umbro/ Reebol/ Adidas?

I don't think anyone was flat out refusing to by our new kit simply because it's going to be made by Macron. I never said Macron are incapable of making a nice kit, nor did I say that I definitely won't buy next season's shirt because it's made by Macron. If it's nice, I'll buy it. I just think that Macron are less likely to come up with a nice shirt than Nike or Puma or Umbro or Adidas are. Not because these companies are bigger or more popular, but because these companies almost invariably make nicer football kits.

Maybe I'm misinterpreting the general mood in this thread but the impression I got, if I may be so bold as to recklessly categorise everyone into two opposing groups, was that some people (like me) are disappointed that we got Macron, and some people are not.

Of those who are not disappointed, some DO care about what the shirt looks like and are hopeful that Macron deliver on this front, and some don't care about what the shirt looks like. My gripe is with those who don't care, but specifically I was taking issue with posts like hycus-flange's that suggest that people who are complaining about the Macron deal are only doing so because Nike are "cooler":

I'm not moaning, just voicing an opinion, I have plenty of other things to moan about than having one crappy brand name sweat shop made piece of crap over another lesser named sweat shop made piece of crap.

YAWN!!!!!

I was trying to point out how petty some people can be over branded mass prouced poor quality tat.

peer pressures a bitch.

nothing low about it, you must really love me, or Nike, personally i couldn't give a **** about you wasting 20 mins collating all these quotes to try and win an argument when you missed the first post I wrote which is the important one, but then again if you did quote that one then you wouldn't have been able to make yourself out to be the victim, are you sure you are not a Liverpool fan, then again if you were, we would be having the same argument as they are ditching the wonderful three stripes for another shitty shirt provider.

YAWN!!!!!

peer pressures a bitch.

nothing low about it, you must really love me, or Nike, personally i couldn't give a **** about you wasting 20 mins collating all these quotes to try and win an argument when you missed the first post I wrote which is the important one, but then again if you did quote that one then you wouldn't have been able to make yourself out to be the victim, are you sure you are not a Liverpool fan, then again if you were, we would be having the same argument as they are ditching the wonderful three stripes for another shitty shirt provider.

Sorry, here's your last post before the ones I quoted:

people ticking over something as trivial as not having a ticky thing on their replica shirt next year, are your lives that empty of proper things to worry or whinge about?

Your sentiments here seem to be similar to those expressed in the quotes I provided so I'm not entirely sure what makes this "the important one." (I'm assuming this is the one you're referring to, seeing as how your previous couple of comments in this thread are from a number of weeks ago and are unrelated.)

I'm also not entirely sure how me disagreeing with your argument makes me "really love" you. Presumably, following on with this logic, if I agreed with everything you said I'd secretly despise you. I never thought of myself as being so complex but I'm sure you know best. (Now I'm agreeing with you... So I secretly despise you...? Sorry, your ideas are new and confusing.)

As for loving Nike, nothing I've said has implied this. I have said that Nike are more likely to produce a nice-looking kit than Macron, but I've said the same for Puma, Adidas and Umbro. So maybe I love them all.

I haven't made myself out to be a victim either. I've just tried to elucidate my points as I feel they were misinterpreted. And I'll do so again here for the last time:

You seem to be suggesting that I don't want Macron to be our kit supplier because, compared to the "cool" Nike, they're a small, unpopular brand. My response is that it has nothing to do with our shirt having a swoosh (or three stripes seeing as how I'm a closet Liverpool fan). I do think that Villa signing a deal with a company like Macron is indicative of the fact that our star has faded somewhat over the past couple of seasons. And I do have a slight concern that it will have an adverse affect on the image of the club and on shirt sales, which are obviously an important source of income.

But at a personal level it simply comes down to taste. I don't like any of the Macron kits I've seen so far, therefore I am sceptical of them producing one for us next season. If they do, great. I'll buy it.

Thanks for partaking in my first ever message board argument. I wish you nothing but good fortune in future endeavours.

Anyway, sorry everyone for clogging up this thread with a petty squabble. Back on topic: Macron are shit. I love Nike.

Stop it lads, it`s just a piece of plastic. really not worth arguing about.

Main thing that it is claret and blue, and worthy of our club.

We would have more concerns as to the sponsor. Rather leave out the chinese gambling stuff to be honest. Worse was Muller back in the 90's. Known quite well to be sponsoring the NPD as well (an old german version of the EDL).

Bad stuff.

Stop it lads, it`s just a piece of plastic. really not worth arguing about.

Main thing that it is claret and blue, and worthy of our club.

We would have more concerns as to the sponsor. Rather leave out the chinese gambling stuff to be honest. Worse was Muller back in the 90's. Known quite well to be sponsoring the NPD as well (an old german version of the EDL).

Bad stuff.

Exactly the point I was trying to make, but some people get arsey when you try to point out that there are more important things in life to worry about than who supplies a **** football shirt to the Villa.

Â