Villa Kit 2012-2013

deeps

I don't think anyone was flat out refusing to by our new kit simply because it's going to be made by Macron.

There were most definately one or more posts that said exactly this; which was the reason for hycus-flange's post, I thought.

Surely the important brand name being displayed on the shirt is Aston Villa FC. The other one, whether it be Nike, Macron, or George from Asda - far far far less relevant.

I'm more concerned by the individuals who'll be wearing the bloody thing on the B6 turf come August.

I wouldn't buy a Macron shirt, it's bound to be made of that horrible shiny fabric that is usually reserved for knock-off Thai copies.

Not to mention the horrible leisure centre man logo.

Macron sounds more like a dodgy cheap electrical manufacturer rather than a sports company.

my West Ham mates today all reckoned Macron kits were good quality

also said they come up quite big so all you XXL's out there may find yourself being able to fit into an XL without having to drop the Mars bars for breakfast ...

One of the biggest issues with going with a brand like Macron is the lack of global availability and visibility of Aston Villa shirts. Macron is small relatively unknown brand on a global scale which means they will not get the global distribution such as brands like Nike, Adidas, Puma and to a lesser extent Umbro.

Since Villa have been supplied by Nike there has been a much bigger profile for the club in countries such as New Zealand (where I live), Australia, Singapore & Canada, just to name a few. This is purley because the brand of shirt gets them into the large mainstream sports stores. I have seen a lot more people wearing Villa shirts during my travels over the past few years and it is down to that fact that there are only a limited number of football club shirts available in a lot of these stores. People see a shirt, they might like it, they buy it, then they find out about the club and become fans (albeit sometimes only for a short time).

The Villa brand is extremely important and should be marketed globally at every opportunity to increase support and ultimately revenues through shirt sales and peripheral merchandise. With the Macron deal it is unlikely that you will see a Villa shirt for sale in the Southern Hemisphere (unless it is a dodgy knock off) because Macron lack the marketing strength and distribution to get shirts into this half of the world.

What does this mean for Villa? It means loss of revenue from shirt sales and little or no profile in one of the fastest growing regions both economically and in population.

My son was proud to go in to a sports store over here with hs Villa shirt on and see it hanging on the racks. This won't happen again for along time as we will not see a Villa shirt in a NZ sports store unless we get one of the big brands making our shirts. Unfortuntaley that means we could miss a generation of people looking for a football shirt and deciding on an Arsenal, Man Utd & City, Newcastle, Spurs or Liverpool because they are the shirts available and our shirts are no longer.

This is a huge error in the marketing of Aston Villa and a potentially long term financial mistake. Do you think we will get any more rich Asian sponsors on our shirts when they realise that they can't even buy the shirts in half of the world anymore? I think not.

One of the biggest issues with going with a brand like Macron is the lack of global availability and visibility of Aston Villa shirts. Macron is small relatively unknown brand on a global scale which means they will not get the global distribution such as brands like Nike, Adidas, Puma and to a lesser extent Umbro.

Since Villa have been supplied by Nike there has been a much bigger profile for the club in countries such as New Zealand (where I live), Australia, Singapore & Canada, just to name a few. This is purley because the brand of shirt gets them into the large mainstream sports stores. I have seen a lot more people wearing Villa shirts during my travels over the past few years and it is down to that fact that there are only a limited number of football club shirts available in a lot of these stores. People see a shirt, they might like it, they buy it, then they find out about the club and become fans (albeit sometimes only for a short time).

The Villa brand is extremely important and should be marketed globally at every opportunity to increase support and ultimately revenues through shirt sales and peripheral merchandise. With the Macron deal it is unlikely that you will see a Villa shirt for sale in the Southern Hemisphere (unless it is a dodgy knock off) because Macron lack the marketing strength and distribution to get shirts into this half of the world.

What does this mean for Villa? It means loss of revenue from shirt sales and little or no profile in one of the fastest growing regions both economically and in population.

My son was proud to go in to a sports store over here with hs Villa shirt on and see it hanging on the racks. This won't happen again for along time as we will not see a Villa shirt in a NZ sports store unless we get one of the big brands making our shirts. Unfortuntaley that means we could miss a generation of people looking for a football shirt and deciding on an Arsenal, Man Utd & City, Newcastle, Spurs or Liverpool because they are the shirts available and our shirts are no longer.

This is a huge error in the marketing of Aston Villa and a potentially long term financial mistake. Do you think we will get any more rich Asian sponsors on our shirts when they realise that they can't even buy the shirts in half of the world anymore? I think not.

I share your desire for AVFC to be a global brand and for our shirts to be sold in every corner of the globe. But I live in Leicester and walk into my local JJB and Soccer Sports and can find maybe 4 tucked away home Villa shirts. The fact is, big teams have their shirts in shops because they win games, floating around mid to lower table we won't be a global brand for a very long time.

Exactly VERB, what we need is money, and that's why the new deal is better. Whether it's used on players, players wages or something else, it's more beneficial to us right now.

Posted in Other Football, but FYI if anyone is grieving over Nike design-wise I give you these...

arsenal-barcelona-manchester-united-home-nike-football-shirt-leaked.jpg

Think I'll take the Macron man, to be honest. :shock:

God those kits are vile.

Mind you In my opinion most Nike products look shite especially the trainers.

People who go looting love them though :lol:

We will be Macrons premiership jewel so hopefully they will throw all there marketing and distribution behind us to get us into Sports shops globally. For Nike we were an after thought with certain shops getting our tops to keep to contractual agreements. Hopefully macron will use us as there way in to a lot more retailers. With Genting as our sponsor we have a higher profile name in Asia so hopefully this will open doors for Macron but ultimately it's what we do on the pitch that counts and in the short term it provided the best deal. long term we will wait and see UTV

Posted in Other Football, but FYI if anyone is grieving over Nike design-wise I give you these...

arsenal-barcelona-manchester-united-home-nike-football-shirt-leaked.jpg

Think I'll take the Macron man, to be honest. :shock:

That Manyoo spiderman kit :crylaugh:

VT would combust if Nike had made us one of those.

I share your desire for AVFC to be a global brand and for our shirts to be sold in every corner of the globe. But I live in Leicester and walk into my local JJB and Soccer Sports and can find maybe 4 tucked away home Villa shirts. The fact is, big teams have their shirts in shops because they win games, floating around mid to lower table we won't be a global brand for a very long time.

This may be the case to some extent, however prior to Villa having their kit made by Nike you could not get a Villa shirt in NZ or Australia from a high street store. As soon as Villa kits were by Nike they were found in stores right next to Barcelona, Man United and Arsenal Nike shirts. This had nothing to with winning games and all to do with distribution and sales agreements.

I doubt I will ever see a Villa shirt made by Macron for sale in a high street store in this part of the world.

Â