Villa Kit 2012-2013

deeps

I've had a look at Nike's new Barcelona kit for next season and it looks pretty awful, as does this year's, in my opinion

thye complained about this years batch and saying something along the lines of quality wasnt good enough

According to your rules we should only worry about proper things so I suggest all football forums are shut down. Football is just a pastime afterall.

YAWN!!!!!

you read what you want to see.

I was trying to point out how petty some people can be over branded mass prouced poor quality tat.

peer pressures a bitch.

So some people care about the clothes they wear, so what?

Referring specifically to Villa however, people care about the quality of the shirts and the style because not only do some people like to wear nice things but also it represents our club week in week out on the pitch.

There's no need to get so holier than thou about it, if you don't care about the clothes you wear then that's your prerogative, but there's no need to come here and look down your noses at people. Like someone said earlier, if you don't even care about this stuff then why even post your opinion if it's just going to be a judgement on others?

Hear, hear. Some people are completely missing the point; it's not about some superficial affiliation with more popular brands.

At a personal level it's about quality and style. I want to buy next season's home shirt but if it's tacky, I won't. Some people care about what they wear, others don't. Having a sense of style doesn't make you shallow.

In terms of Aston Villa as a whole, the kit is an important part of the club's image. Which matters. Also I'm fairly sure that shirt sales are a significant source of income for the club. If the shirts are shoddy and look awful, I think it's safe to assume that less people will buy them.

I think one thing that could put peoples mind at ease is Villa talked to 12 other manufacturers as well as Macron and they won. They were also still considering staying with Nike.. Yes the deal Macron delivered was probably a good one, but Villa aren't going to allow their image to be tarnished by a cheap looking kit.. Yes they have made some odd decisions in the past and some of the Diadora kits were a bit off, but Macron obviously impressed them and that has to be a good thing.

People do know that macron are quite good at making these things dont they? and have been doing so for the best part of 40 odd years. Its not like their shirts are just different coloured potato sacks or just fall apart if you look at them like some have made out.

They make pretty great stuff when its for a decent team, obviously the lower league teams arent going to get their very best stuff, but its still decent. Much like us with nike, we didnt get their full attention like their higher profile teams did but what we got was still decent (excluding batch problems and release dates :P).

Im quite excited about what they can do to be honest.

\o/

I think one thing that could put peoples mind at ease is Villa talked to 12 other manufacturers as well as Macron and they won. They were also still considering staying with Nike.. Yes the deal Macron delivered was probably a good one, but Villa aren't going to allow their image to be tarnished by a cheap looking kit.. Yes they have made some odd decisions in the past and some of the Diadora kits were a bit off, but Macron obviously impressed them and that has to be a good thing.
I'm very cynical of Villa these days. They appointed McLeish as manager for example, so I don't really trust their judgement anymore.

I know these are two completely different things but my point still stands.

In terms of Aston Villa as a whole, the kit is an important part of the club's image. Which matters. Also I'm fairly sure that shirt sales are a significant source of income for the club. If the shirts are shoddy and look awful, I think it's safe to assume that less people will buy them.

True, but some have already made up their minds that these shirts will be shoddy and look awful without seeing it first.

True, but some have already made up their minds that these shirts will be shoddy and look awful without seeing it first.

It is the trend with some fans at the moment to moan at everything the club does

Some people care about what they wear, others don't. Having a sense of style doesn't make you shallow.

:shock:

When did wearing a football shirt ever become a fashion statement ?

It hasn't, all we were saying is that some people care about what the kit looks like and will only buy it if they like the look of it so the design is important somewhat.

I've had a look at Nike's new Barcelona kit for next season and it looks pretty awful, as does this year's, in my opinion

thye complained about this years batch and saying something along the lines of quality wasnt good enough

the shirts they complained about are not the same kits that the fans can buy, and the 'lack of quality' was due to using recycled material so for some reason the sweat wasn't wicking away as fast as usual. im also sure its an issue they resolved.

I still, outta interest, would like to know what the other brands were.

Probably the usual suspects.. Nike, Adidas, Puma, Reebok, Umbro and then some less major brands.

Bummer. Adidas villa kit is what I've wanted for years. Umbro slick these days too. Puma might have given us a decent look in with spurs moving on guess they just didn't offer enough cash.

One thing, I hope the club havn't just taken macron because they will offer '100' villa products. I mean they are talking about captin armbands etc. not many fans will buy those, I hope it was for the benefit of the club woth regards to money AND confidence that the shirts will look ace.

According to your rules we should only worry about proper things so I suggest all football forums are shut down. Football is just a pastime afterall.

YAWN!!!!!

I was trying to point out how petty some people can be over branded mass prouced poor quality tat.

peer pressures a bitch.

Referring specifically to Villa however, people care about the quality of the shirts and the style because not only do some people like to wear nice things but also it represents our club week in week out on the pitch.

There's no need to get so holier than thou about it, if you don't care about the clothes you wear then that's your prerogative, but there's no need to come here and look down your noses at people. Like someone said earlier, if you don't even care about this stuff then why even post your opinion if it's just going to be a judgement on others?

Hear, hear. Some people are completely missing the point; it's not about some superficial affiliation with more popular brands.

At a personal level it's about quality and style. I want to buy next season's home shirt but if it's tacky, I won't. Some people care about what they wear, others don't. Having a sense of style doesn't make you shallow.

The major flaw in these last two posts is that you're both assuming that the Macron kit will be horrible.

Unless.. you are actually basing your points on us replacing the nike 'swoosh' with the word 'macron' ? In which case it is shallow and superficial, surely?

Some people care about what they wear, others don't. Having a sense of style doesn't make you shallow.

:shock:

When did wearing a football shirt ever become a fashion statement ?

It hasn't, all we were saying is that some people care about what the kit looks like and will only buy it if they like the look of it so the design is important somewhat.

Surely as long as it has a claret body and blue sleeves then we will all be happy with the design?? As thats all that Nike have done!

The major flaw in these last two posts is that you're both assuming that the Macron kit will be horrible.

Unless.. you are actually basing your points on us replacing the nike 'swoosh' with the word 'macron' ? In which case it is shallow and superficial, surely?

I can't speak for the other poster, but I was simply defending against certain poster's derogatory comments against people who care about what the kit looks like and what they wear in general. It was more of a general comment from me. I'll admit I wasn't thrilled about the news that Macron would be our new kit supplier but I'm not assuming anything, I'll make my judgements when I see the shirt. Macron might make us some good kits for all we know. If it's a nice kit, I couldn't care less if it has the Nike tick or Macron on the label.

Surely as long as it has a claret body and blue sleeves then we will all be happy with the design?? As thats all that Nike have done!

I'd love them to keep it simple, that's my personal preference, but this year's home kit with the checks put me off. Most of what Nike gave us was perfectly nice though.

Let's just see what Macron come up with and then judge.

YAWN!!!!!

peer pressures a bitch.

I'm not assuming anything. All I will say is that I haven't liked any of the Macron shirts I've seen so far, so I'm not holding out much hope. But for all I know next season's kit could be brilliant.

I was just taking issue with people saying that the kit supplier doesn't matter, or that it makes no difference what the shirt looks like. It was more of a general observation than a scything attack on Macron.

imarsha_926 can you please start a new tread to display all your designs? i think every one off your designs i have seen have been class, it would be cool to see all your designs with out searching for hours. and the rumours has it we are being spied on by RL and AM, and if the see your designs maybe we are lucky enough to not play in checkered tops next season

Â