Villa Kit 2012-2013

deeps

Since 1995 we've had Reebok, Diadora, Hummel and Nike.. Some of the kits were good and some were awful. Personally Macron have the same chance of making a good kit than any of those named possibly an even greater chance as they will work closer with us than some of those brands.

If I had 2k to spend on a gambling holiday could I

a) Go to Blackpool and be a high roller.

B) Go to Macau or Vegas.

wrong analogy

would you rather be given £1,500 spending money on your trip in Vegas to spend on whatever you like

or be given £3k to spend in Blackpool on whatever you like.

Or in Villas terms

do you want £2m a year revenue to spend on players or £3.75m?

My analogy was in reaction to someone wanting to be the 'big fish in small Macron pond'.

If you read the full post I said I was happy with the reported financlial side things ....

(even though we can definitely rule out a kit launch in 'Macron-Town' in Hong Kong this year. By signing this deal we will sell shirts to current fans only, either through the club shop or the bull-ring centre. There will be no exposure outside Birmingham)

Home Kit in June

Away kit in July

2 Goalkeeper kits available to buy in all sizes

Nearly double what Nike where paying per season

Full set of Leisure and Training ware

Flagship team in the UK

I fail to see any negatives

Also when did Nike do this on there website

http://www.macron.com/

Hate to say it but, "this".

I'm looking forward to it. At least we won't get knocked around by Nike with these guys.

Great we've got a banner on Macron.com

Who on honestly say they have ever been on there before today?

Nike.com on the other hand .............

Rough online translation...

The Ceo of Macron, Gianluca Pavanello, commented: "We are pleased and proud at the same time to announce the new partnership with Aston Villa. Macron and a european company that sees a successful growth in the United Kingdom. We are particularly happy to be a partner of Aston Villa, a Club with great traditions and historical heritage, and with whom we share common values that are: the passion for sport, commitment and, above all, a focus on the quality of the product.

The Ceo of Macron, Gianluca Pavanello, commented: "We are pleased and proud at the same time to announce the new partnership with Aston Villa. Macron and a european company that sees a successful growth in the United Kingdom. We are particularly happy to be a partner of Aston Villa, a Club with great traditions and historical heritage, and with whom we share common values that are: the passion for sport, commitment and, above all, a focus on the quality of the product.

If you click the union jack on the top right of the page, it puts it into English for you :winkold:

rumours on twitter they are going after atletico madrid too

spurs are going to under armour, liverpool are going to warrior, times are changing, as good as the deal looks for us and macron spurs deal is £50m, liverpools is £150m

OT shows that this FFP is utter bollocks, you can only spend what you earn and liverpools shirt deal alone is worth £20m more a season than ours

If you click the union jack on the top right of the page, it puts it into English for you :winkold:

Oh snap :lol:

It's a good deal. And I think it'll look good. And I don't think it'll look like West Ham just because they make theirs. And it will be a unique design for us, not a template. And we're getting more money.

Macron haters, sadly it's time to lament the past and move on.

I think about Macron in this way.. At one point Nike, Adidas, Reebok they were all no name upstarts that would have had the same reaction as Macron are getting now. The simple fact is brands have to start somewhere and we should be privileged that they have chosen to work with us.. In 5-10 years Macron could easily be one of the biggest and most respected sportswear manufacturers in the World, but we could easily **** that up for them by not buying their shirts and expanding the brand.. Macron could be great for us and they could be a kit sponsor for decades just like Adidas are for Liverpool.

Macron started in 1971, Nike started in 1964. Macron are not a new company.

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~2601831,00.html

More on the kit

Home and Away unveiled on 16th/17th June. Home out the same daya nd away can be pre-ordered

Home will keep with tradition, Away might be different reading that article

Range of products gone from 25 to over 100

Macron willingness to make us they flagship team swung it over 10-12 other makers

Our new kit deal is a massive increase on Nike in a time of recession and there's still a bunch of Gok Wans whinging on VT. Priceless.

If we had finished sixth again last season we could have expected a much better deal than this. £3.75m a year is not a lot for a 'big' club. As for the Gok Wan comment I think the fact people care about what kit their team wears doesn't make them wannabe TV fashion show hosts. If you don't care what kit we are going to wear then why bother trying to argue with those that are.

Our new kit deal is a massive increase on Nike in a time of recession and there's still a bunch of Gok Wans whinging on VT. Priceless.

If we had finished sixth again last season we could have expected a much better deal than this. £3.75m a year is not a lot for a 'big' club. As for the Gok Wan comment I think the fact people care about what kit their team wears doesn't make them wannabe TV fashion show hosts. If you don't care what kit we are going to wear then why bother trying to argue with those that are.

You need to compare the deal to the likes of Stoke, Everton and Sunderland not Spurs and Liverpool. Don't take a throwaway joke so personal.

Â