Renaming Villa Park?

KSV

Would you want VP renamed for sponsorship money ?  

269 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want VP renamed for sponsorship money ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

Only if it's worth it.

We got taken over by Wang Jianlin and he wanted to call it Dalian Wanda Park but would also spend big money in the transfer market, i'd be all for it.

I wouldn't budge on the Aston Villa name or the claret and blue shirt, but everything else is totally up for grabs if the right money comes in as far as i'm concerned.

Going to give O'Neill "as much cash as he needs". That was about as accurate as another Villain (yes, the spelling is right!) - the Prime Minister - suggesting that "money is not an issue" in regards to sorting out the mess the country is currently in.

My fear would be that it wouldn't be worth it if we did it.

I don't think it would make enough of a difference to lose "Villa Park"

We rename it the BigCorp Stadium to finish 8th instead of 11th? No thanks.

If it got us enough money to challenge the top 4, then maybe.

• Like 2

I have the feeling it might be inevitable eventually for everybody, especially with ffp rules. Don't know what the going rate would be but it might be the difference between going down or not. Something somewhere has gone wrong.

Definitely no! Give away a piece of our history for a very short term gain? And I would be certain that the difference it would make would be barely noticeable for a couple of seasons, then non existent. And we would have lost the name for that.

We already have the dreadful AVFC and the equally awful badge - no more please.

I would be very reluctant to tinker with our name/stadium name.....****me the team has had enough tinkering with it and that has got us nowhere.

a) If with the money we generate, we make a better team....there is an argument to be considered.

B) If we just raise money and spend like we have done and just end up basically where we are.......forget it.

My fear would be that it wouldn't be worth it if we did it.

I don't think it would make enough of a difference to lose "Villa Park"

We rename it the BigCorp Stadium to finish 8th instead of 11th? No thanks.

If it got us enough money to challenge the top 4, then maybe.

ditto

I have the feeling it might be inevitable eventually for everybody, especially with ffp rules. Don't know what the going rate would be but it might be the difference between going down or not. Something somewhere has gone wrong.

You got that right. Football is buggered until a complete financial meltdown starts everyone back from square one. 

• Like 1

Whatever will be will be. In fact, it probably had some sort of inevitabiity to it ever since the fateful day sponsorship desecration of team shirts became the rule.

To be quite honest, I'm a bit long in the tooth to be bothered and its a sad fact that its a whole different game today. But. To me, its Villa Park.....the histories there, the photo's are there and the memories will always be there.

• Like 1

It is sad that football has gone this way, but I can't see a problem with us selling 'naming rights' if it helps us to compete as a Premier League club. The way we've seen teams crash and burn over the last 10 years I'm all for anything that can help us stay at the top tier.

All it means is our stadium is sponsored, it will be referred to as whatever the sponsors want it to by the media and video games etcetera. It will always be Villa Park to us.

• Like 1