Renaming Villa Park?

KSV

Would you want VP renamed for sponsorship money ?  

269 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want VP renamed for sponsorship money ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

I answered "No", and I'm surprised so many didn't. Ideally, we'd want to keep the name intact, wouldn't we?

I thought the same, would hate to have the name changed. Don't think we'd get anywhere near enough to be worth selling our identity for either.

A 10 year deal for £50 million.

Exactly the same but sounds so much better.

Sounds better, but isn't.

Fair enough....I'd bite someones hand off for that.

Out of interest if someone said we're going to rename Villa Park to Fortress Villa Park for 10 years and heres

Gravesen

Saviola

Malbranque

Milner

Bale

Klose and

Hargreaves

Would that make any difference. Sorry to nag, i'm just interested if when you can actually see the goods - as opposed to a random sum of money - it's any more tempting?

Greetings from 2014.  Saviola  :)

Edited by GENTLEMAN

US tycoon seeks £100m sponsorship for Villa

By Andrew Murray-Watson

(Filed: 20/08/2006)

Randy Lerner, the US billionaire who is close to securing the takeover of Aston Villa, is in talks with a number of global companies about a long-term £100m-plus sponsorship deal for the Premier League football club.

It is believed that Lerner, who will this week announce that he has secured irrevocable undertakings from nearly 60 per cent of Aston Villa's shareholders, is keen to sign a deal that could include shirt sponsorship and naming rights over different parts of the club's Villa Park stadium.

Lerner, who owns the Cleveland Browns American football team, will give Martin O'Neill, Aston Villa's new manager, "as much cash as he needs" to rebuild the team, according to executives in the US.

The American is believed to be worth well over $1bn and has promised to restore Aston Villa into a force in English football after years in the lower reaches of the Premier League

Clicky

This never happened.

A 10 year deal for £50 million.

Exactly the same but sounds so much better.

Sounds better, but isn't.

Fair enough....I'd bite someones hand off for that.

Out of interest if someone said we're going to rename Villa Park to Fortress Villa Park for 10 years and heres

Gravesen

Saviola

Malbranque

Milner

Bale

Klose and

Hargreaves

Would that make any difference. Sorry to nag, i'm just interested if when you can actually see the goods - as opposed to a random sum of money - it's any more tempting?

Greetings from 2014.  Saviola  :)

LOL, Gravesen. He actually played for Real Madrid, didn't he?

• Like 1

If Villa actually built a new stadium, then I'd be fine with selling the naming rights, cuz the stadium would probably be another soulless bowl like Etihad or Emirates. At that point, who cares what it's called? But as long as we play at Villa Park, I say hands off the bloody name.

• Like 1

I find it strange that so many are willing to sell out... Would it be the same if we were to change the team name as well?

Are we fine dropping 'Aston Villa' if it gives us an opportunity for more money?

I honestly don't care. I love Villa for its traditional values. We have historical importance in football, we're a traditional club and have for the last 20 years+ competed at the top level.

Have we come close to winning the league since our debut in the PL? No but I wouldn't exactly sell out the stadium in an attempt to somehow compete at the top. I'd rather we drop on with a rich chairman who understands the history of our club and the potential in us.