Renaming Villa Park?

KSV

Would you want VP renamed for sponsorship money ?  

269 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want VP renamed for sponsorship money ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

No way. Rather not have the money than completely sell our soul. I'd like to think that some things are still more important than money. There are other avenues which can be explored to raise revenue than selling the naming rights of a stadium.

No way. Rather not have the money than completely sell our soul. I'd like to think that some things are still more important than money. There are other avenues which can be explored to raise revenue than selling the naming rights of a stadium.

So if it was re-named Fortress Villa Park for £100 million you would object and see it as selling our soul?

Noy having a go, i'm just surprised at such an adamant no.

Interesting response.

I voted no, because I very much doubt the amount of money we're talking about would be anything more than a quick fix, one transfer windows worth of cash as apposed to the £100m some are banding around. We're more than capable of generating cash in other areas, areas that will put this little windfall into the shade. Too much history folks......

I for one would be happy to sell it for an additional £5m per season.

Seriously? £5m a year? That sort of money is chicken feed for the big boys, the boys we're aiming at.

Interesting response.

I voted no, because I very much doubt the amount of money we're talking about would be anything more than a quick fix, one transfer windows worth of cash as apposed to the £100m some are banding around. We're more than capable of generating cash in other areas, areas that will put this little windfall into the shade. Too much history folks......

I for one would be happy to sell it for an additional £5m per season.

Seriously? £5m a year? That sort of money is chicken feed for the big boys, the boys we're aiming at.

A 10 year deal for £50 million.

Exactly the same but sounds so much better.

Especially when the 50Mill comes at once

That makes the deal interesting, and I'd guess with amortisation it's possible to spend that cash straight away even if the money isn't there immediately. I'd warm to the idea then I guess, but I'd want to see the details in full.

A 10 year deal for £50 million.

Exactly the same but sounds so much better.

Sounds better, but isn't.

Fair enough....I'd bite someones hand off for that.

Out of interest if someone said we're going to rename Villa Park to Fortress Villa Park for 10 years and heres

Gravesen

Saviola

Malbranque

Milner

Bale

Klose and

Hargreaves

Would that make any difference. Sorry to nag, i'm just interested if when you can actually see the goods - as opposed to a random sum of money - it's any more tempting?

If this hasn't been brought up before, the Learner family was adimate about naming the new Browns stadium "Cleveland Browns Stadium" to let people know that it was theirs, and to quash bad feelings of the last ownership that up and left the town in the middle of the night.

Sponsorship money is always good, as it means the Front Office doesn't have to nickel and dime the fans as much to make a profit. I'm sure Randy will come up with a clever solution, similar to what they did in Cleveland.

Instead of selling the rights to one company for the whole stadium, he sold the rights to name each of the 4 gates which are proudly branded for all to see. Lots of people file in and out of each of those gates for every event, which makes them valuable advertising spots without giving up the rights to the name of the stadium.

Interesting response.

I voted no, because I very much doubt the amount of money we're talking about would be anything more than a quick fix.

Well, i voted undecided, because it depends on so many things. I wouldnt want to come down on one side or the other until i saw the details. I would be for the right deal, against the wrong deal, so undecided, as there is no deal at the moment.