Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

On 20/09/2018 at 06:42, Demitri_C said:

I'd like to announce to all my friends on villa talk I popped the question last night and she said yes!

I am officially engaged ! Let the pain and torture begin!

Man down!

Seriously, congrats mate!

• Thanks 1

We tried again this week to sort it. Went arse up again tonight, so I’ve gone back to my mums again. So frustrating, and I feel so low, but just hoping we can sort it. The writing is on the wall though. I can’t do anymore than I am at the moment. We are just so miserable in each other’s company, even though we say we will really try this time, and we tell each other how much we love each other. Lying in bed at my mums, just feeling totally drained. So frustrated in my head. Physically and emotionally exhausted. 

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

We tried again this week to sort it. Went arse up again tonight, so I’ve gone back to my mums again. So frustrating, and I feel so low, but just hoping we can sort it. The writing is on the wall though. I can’t do anymore than I am at the moment. We are just so miserable in each other’s company, even though we say we will really try this time, and we tell each other how much we love each other. Lying in bed at my mums, just feeling totally drained. So frustrated in my head. Physically and emotionally exhausted. 

Hang in there...

Ruge, sounds like it’s time to let her go for a bit mate if you ever want her back. An extended break perhaps? A proper amount of time apart and away from each other to truly decide what you want. Instead of waiting for her to maybe decide if she wants you back just go out alone for a bit and as corny as it sounds try and find yourself and decide what you want once a bit of time has passed. You may have to be ready to cut the cord chap.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Ruge, sounds like it’s time to let her go for a bit mate if you ever want her back. An extended break perhaps? A proper amount of time apart and away from each other to truly decide what you want. Instead of waiting for her to maybe decide if she wants you back just go out alone for a bit and as corny as it sounds try and find yourself and decide what you want once a bit of time has passed. You may have to be ready to cut the cord chap.

Exactly how I’m feeling mate. Just hanging around waiting for her to decide isn’t healthy and it’s playing with my head. Felt great about two weeks ago, but I’ve slowly gone downhill again. I’m a bit lost at the minute, and she is too. Need to start living my life again I think. The last 4 weeks I’ve literally had no time to myself, because I’m doing so much at her house and helping with kids. Might nip out tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Exactly how I’m feeling mate. Just hanging around waiting for her to decide isn’t healthy and it’s playing with my head. Felt great about two weeks ago, but I’ve slowly gone downhill again. I’m a bit lost at the minute, and she is too. Need to start living my life again I think. The last 4 weeks I’ve literally had no time to myself, because I’m doing so much at her house and helping with kids. Might nip out tomorrow. 

I appreciate it’s hard at the moment and you’ve always said it’s been an up and down relationship. Just don’t be stupid about things, stay away from the drugs. Take your time, take some time apart and have rationale discussions. I know how much you care about your kids and don’t want to hurt them, but you may be hurting them more by staying with her in an uncomfortable relationship 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

@Rugeley Villa Feeling for your situation on a few different levels. I can only offer my well wishes from afar.

Don't want to pry in to your private life as you've obviously got enough going on without explaining it to me.

I will say three things though.

1. 1. I have found it true that the best relationships are built on top of solid friendships. Maybe ask yourself if your relationships foundations are in tact or if they need reviewing. Are you still kind to one another even when times are testing? You mention that you are both going to really try this time, what does really try involve? No need to explain it to me, as long as you understand that's all that matters. We are forever negotiating and compromising in relationships and it can be tough however I think the healthy kind of partnerships complement each other as well as challenge. Misery can easily lead to resentment and blame and I would not wish that on anyone. It's a very grown up and healthy thing to be able to say I have made a mistake here and to step away, even if it involves the end of a commitment with someone who you love. Better to grow up healthy than to grow old and toxic. By no means am I suggesting you should end your relationship in saying any of this. I wouldn't have a clue what's going on for you. I honestly can't recommend speaking to someone enough. Sounds like you're spread thin as it is and could use someone in your corner. Honestly the worst case scenario is that you spend a few hours speaking to someone to try and determine if they are someone who has something to offer you, only to find out they are not. Optimal scenario, you actually get someone who discusses things in a way which serves a purpose for you, helps with your anxiety and potentially even your relationships.
  2. Please don't beat yourself up. Life throws enough punches and the odd kick in the nuts without the need for us to add to our own injury.
  3. My inbox is there if you ever want to have a chat or bounce ideas.
  • Thanks 1

Â