Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

58 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

People's foibles about compatability (I knew a girl once who dumped someone because of what shoes they wore! In actual adult life!) are wide and varied. But you know, if you like running - join a running club. If you like bridge - join a bridge club. If you like music go to gigs/start a band etc. Be yourself, do the things you like doing and make it somewhere where you're likely to meet people. Not going to happen sat around the house (unless you're a baller I suppose!) and if someone you might like actually bothers speaking to you, ask lots of questions. Most people like talking about themselves. Always ask more questions. Even if they don't appear you're bound to run into one of those matchmaker types who'll have "the perfect date for you" at some point :thumb:

What? With all Stefan's imaginary friends?

Image result for one man band

51 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

My hobbies are so blokey though! I play football, cycle and go out with my mates. You're right though, I need a new, female centric hobby :D

Found the perfect woman for you;

image.jpeg.17e41448e8f8b6c1da4da67630919d2a.jpeg

45 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Running clubs (if mine is anything to go by) are totty goldmines. 

Image result for fat runners

The Mask GIF

image.jpeg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

This is probably a dumb question, but whatever.

Where do people meet people of the opposite sex?

I feel like my only place is either on shit like Tinder (which I hate) or at work (and I'm not just going to go up to random girls that I have my eye on, it's weird)

So where do you meet people? I haven't met a new person who I'm interested in, that wasn't on Tinder in months.

I think it's due to my hate for going up to random people. The thought just makes me cringe.

I got in to it for what I consider to be the right reasons, but I will share this.

Volunteering with the homeless and at risk youth, I have met a number of really down to earth women. Not only are they good people with a head on their shoulders, some are very attractive physically. I am assuming many a charity would be the same.

Win-win situation.

Popular pubs are also obviously a place to meet physically attractive women. I don't drink at all, but I have enjoyed many good times from the rare occasion I venture to one.

I think the biggest thing for you is possibly to overcome your reluctance to talk to strangers by focusing on congruence with whoever you're going to speak to, rather than seeming like a weirdo. "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying" -Michael Jordan.

Why don't you join a mixed sports team, like futsal, or something you haven't tried before even. It's not guaranteed you'll meet the women of your dreams but it's better than doing the same old.

There are beautiful women everywhere though, I suppose it's up to you to decide the kind of situation in which you'd be comfortable to approach them.

If all else fails, there's always church (hey, she'd be faithful ?).

Edited by A'Villan

9 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

I feel like my only place is either on shit like Tinder (which I hate) or at work (and I'm not just going to go up to random girls that I have my eye on, it's weird)

So where do you meet people? I haven't met a new person who I'm interested in, that wasn't on Tinder in months.

I think it's due to my hate for going up to random people. The thought just makes me cringe.

I’m the same, it’s been tinder or bumble for me but hate the whole app thing. But also like you hate the approach.

I have heard speed dating is pretty good but haven’t done it yet 

21 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

I must be late to the party but I thought you was dating someone and it was going well?

12 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

I'm joining a choir at the university nearby. I always sang through high school/uni and there will be plenty of girls.

choir2-thumb.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I must be late to the party but I thought you was dating someone and it was going well?

You're very late :D

I haven't been dating anyone since January. I went on a few dates with a girl i really liked around March time but she chewed me up and spat me out.

7 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Seriously though, if you're into choral singing, a choir is a good idea. The mixed ones are always predominantly female. 

Yeah for sure. I do enjoy it and it's definitely a good place to meet people.

Â