The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well despite some 'big' games at VP over the next month ticket sales are obviously not going well judging by the offer they e-mailed out yesterday.

Last I looked there were still tickets available for the Utd game on Saturday, I would imagine our match day income has really dropped this season and I can only see it getting worse.

People can talk about chances and the like as much as they like, but the facts are there, people dont want to watch this dross and the disappearance of the "bright future" has, I would suggest, hit people hard.

To answer your question mykeyb, I would sack the manager. The reasons being:

His appointment is a disaster waiting to happen, he has to achieve the unthinkable to be accepted here.

McLeish is managing to survive game by game, has been since day one, there is no looking to the future.

There is a squad here capable of competing in the top 8, but there is no cohesion, desire or gameplan.

There is no belief in this squad, the team is set up to not lose, not to win.

There is a good nucleas of youth coming through and a manager they can believe in might give us a hint of that bright future.

For those reasons, I would see us invest in our footballing future and bring in Lambert, Rogers or someone of that ilk.

It's about ambition. Sunderland have a shocker and replace Bruce with MON. Now I know a few people on here dislike MON but he is head and shoulders above Bruce. We lose GH and replace him with McLeish, and paid for the privilege.

It's shit that our club could not attract any of the available managers, Hughes & Benitez to name just two.

Finding a manager to get the best of what we have for a squad will be difficult at best, and there are really no signs of any money being made available to buy the kind of player a new manager may want.

So seems we will be stuck in this for some time to come. AMC is possibly the best man for the situation given. Just seems such a shame we show no desire to go forwards and actually take the game to an opposition side.

It's shit that our club could not attract any of the available managers, Hughes & Benitez to name just two.

:?

I think it's fairly common knowledge that Leslie wanted the Villa job. Lerner did not want him, for some rather bizzare reason.

Didn't want Benny Tez, so glad he's not here.

In Jan Lerner finds six million quid, would you prefer he gave it the manager for a couple of players or use it to sack the manager and find a replacement.

Players for me.

Swimming against the VT tide I know, but I actually think Eck is a decent manager and given the right backing could make a good go of it here.

Would not actually trust Mcleish to spend the money well

Looking at the signings he has made only one decent one and that was a no brainer

So for me I'd spend the dosh on getting rid and appointing someone else and given that Lerner would want someone unemployed (cheap), available (cheap) and with premier experience it would have to be Hughes.

I think it's fairly common knowledge that Leslie wanted the Villa job. Lerner did not want him, for some rather bizzare reason.

Is it, though? His agent, who likes to talk, never said anything about it and he quit Fulham for a team as he wanted one to match his his ambitions. We were looking to sell our best two players last season and not replace them with like for like quality.

Why would he think Villa were any different to Fulham?

He really does just constantly talk bollocks.

You can also predict his post match excuses "We can't conceed goals like that in the Premier League", "They were great on the training pitch", "We took it to them" with something like 36% posession.

Apparently Lerner didn't like the way Hughes walked out on Fulham, so he then went and tapped up the relegated manager of our local rivals.

That makes sense. Clueless.

More like Hughes isnt a yes man and would want money to spend

He really does just constantly talk bollocks.

You can also predict his post match excuses "We can't conceed goals like that in the Premier League", "They were great on the training pitch", "We took it to them" with something like 36% posession.

"We were great for the first five minutes of the second half".

I think every manager always some BS to build up the team etc...But some of McLeish's comments are just utter crap.....the best after the spurs game...

"we really had enough chances to get something from the game"

news to me, if adebayor had taken all his chances alone he would've had 6 goals, whereas I can only remember heskey having one chance (which he tried to pass to Bent) and possibly Bent having a half chance. Hardly enough to saying we could have got something...

Â