The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we have not been shipping goals like we used to
But we have though.

A positive goal difference (excluding the Man City game; im wiping them from the league) says we are not the Villa of old where every game was a defensive nightmare; its not been great but were certainly not shipping.

Okay im taking it back, stats hunting shows we have conceded too many in silly ways and silly games.

And while I do think we have improved hugely id swap out Warnock, Collins and Hutton for many Championship players....

But we have though.

A positive goal difference (excluding the Man City game; im wiping them from the league) says we are not the Villa of old where every game was a defensive nightmare; its not been great but were certainly not shipping.

Okay im taking it back, stats hunting shows we have conceded too many in silly ways and silly games.

And while I do think we have improved hugely id swap out Warnock, Collins and Hutton for many Championship players....

The 6-0 drubbing at Newcastle pretty much explains that.

For example, before the Swansea game, we'd conceded at least 2 goals 5 games in a row. Defensively we are an absolute shambles. I expect half of this is down to the players though.

But we have though.

I'm not sure you can really say Man City apart because it fits your stance, you wouldn't be saying that if we had drawn 0-0.

We might not be shipping but look at who we have played, with the exception of Spurs, Man City and Newcastle we have played just about the worst teams the league has to offer.

Lets see if we are shipping goals in a month shall we.

Mcleish more unpopular than Houllier?

I was going to suggest it a poll....there seems little point ! cast your mind back 12 months - it was open warfare on here pro v anti houllier - where as now there are very few pro mcleish. Don't get me wrong, for all his faults i still prefer AM over Houllier - But that doesn't mean AM is the right man to take us forward - he clearly isn't.

Yeah Randy is America - and doesn't listen to us fans - and doesn't need to - he owns the club outright. However I just can't see this continuing - you can't have manager so deeply upoplular that 5 months in - his name has never been chanted from the holte end - of 35,000 villa fans expected at villa park on saturday - the manager may have the support of less than a thousand !!! - it would be unprecented in football if that continues

I feel that even someone as thick skinned as Randy will realise that Mcleish has been the mistake that most on here predicted. And I am someone who thought Mcleish could ride out the storm. - but he hasn't - and barring a totally unexpected upturn in results - i can't see it.

I think what separates Houllier from McLeish is record and style of play. Houllier had least had a good record, therefore there were a fair few people who could see the logic in his appointment. McLeish however, NOBODY could understand why he was appointed, and still can't. Style of play goes without mentioning, as McLeish's teams play possibly the worst football ever seen.

Also McLeish is doing himself no favours with the pathetically bizarre tactics. Hutton as a winger and Heskey in midfield, with no injury crisis and plenty of better players available? What the actual ****?

The football is horrible, absolutely horrible but we have points, we have decent results and we have not been shipping goals like we used to; thanks Gabby!

What decent results are they then?

Considering the teams we have played, I would say that our results have been bloody awful overall...

ECK is the worst manager we have had in some time (bar GT MKII). Poor tatics. Poor selection. Poor everything. He seems more respectable for the club then GH but who wouldnt be? Randy has s***ed in his own bed, majority of fans didn't want him, many said give him time but after some below par performances and crazy selections it was a matter of time before his head would be called for.

IMO randy "bottled it" when he hired ECK. Hughes was there for the taking and I'm sure of it was him in charge we would have more points on the board. We are not a top 6 club as we was under MON we all know that seeing as we lost alot of quality and haven't even consider to replace it (bar the N'Zog transfer maybe) but we still have a squad on paper that should easily finish top 8-10 and along the season give the bigger clubs food for thought. I can't see it with him here. It seems the plan is to get to 40 points ASAP ad settle for that. If I'm honest I can't see us getting relegated as I think there are some teams worse than us but we will have to fight. That's not me being negative it's going on opinion and of what I've seen so far this season.

January will be interesting.

When you are on a psychological slide like this it is hard to arrest it and the likes of free transfers like Yannick or cheap purchases like Danny Guthrie are not going to reinforce the winning mentality. The only solace I have is that McLeish is not being given money to spend, as his buys at Blues and now here suggests he wastes it.

The squad, the aspiration and the ambition is systematically being dismantled by the appointment of McLeish. I can only guess that PF has his head so far down in the weeds that he cannot see this.

Without a competitive football team, there is no Aston Villa as a business. I get the feeling they will be begining to see the signs of that now after only 5 months with attendances down and merchandising/half season ticket sales down.

Â