The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

McLeish's record including time at sha over the last two seasons to date:

Played 72

Wins 15 - 20.83%

Draws 30 - 41.67%

losses 27 - 37.50%

He's an embarrassment and we have to suffer this crap for maybe two more seasons

:twisted:

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Djamfisher, fans travelling far has no relevance in the fickle/ not fickle argument. Fans can be fickle while travelling, fans can live next door to the ground and be fickle or not.

The point that was being made about lost points, was that if we hadn't lost points from winning/ drawing positions, that we'd be much higher in the table WITHOUT changing the style of football, the manager or the owner.

At times this year, we've lost points due to individual errors or defensive lapses. This could be put down to training, but no-one trained Warnock to head the ball into his own net. With a bit of luck, we could be higher up the table, with no managerial changes been made.

and if my aunt had nuts shed be my uncle.

You reap what you sow, whoever approved this appointment has caused what amounts to a whole heap of downturn on the club. You keep suggesting things could be OK with McLeish, I cannot understand where your belief comes from.

McLeish's record including time at sha over the last two seasons to date:

Played 72

Wins 15 - 20.83%

Draws 30 - 41.67%

losses 27 - 37.50%

He's an embarrassment and we have to suffer this crap for maybe two more seasons

:twisted:

That's a bit harsh - some of those were against elite teams! :winkold:

It's all just a wee bit of bad luck don't you know?

McLeish is the unluckiest manager in history.

Apart from the fact that he has been paid millions for the pleasure.

I remember a time just a couple years ago, in fact just 12 months ago, Aston Villa's result and performance would be my mood changer for the week, if we got a good result, I'd be happy until the following weekend, if we didn't, I couldn't want until the weekend after to hopefully see Villa put it right. As many seen by my posts and know, I could talk about anything Villa, I love the club, I always will but this season, yeah it started the same, I had thoughts and opinions, Villa was vital, you know during october, we was pushing towards top 8, although maybe it wasn't that likely, there was hope, maybe McLeish could do something, I didn't believe it but I thought get behind him, you never know, a couple wins and we are in the mix. Slowly but surely as the season has gone on, the results, football, comments, attitude, mentality, desire and my care has nearly vanished. He has made me dislike what I love most. People won't understand, I completely get that, I think I questioned the people who said what I'm saying now while we was under Houllier because at the time I didn't understand but how can I be happy, how can I celebrate short term success (i.e a win tomorrow) when I know that win is going to just lead to another year of absolutely horrific football, horrible feelings and a shit season where we finish absolute maximum about 11th. I have no hope. I don't see any future. every time I think about us as a club, I get angry and I'm going to say it, do you know what, I envy Blues supporters season. I have good friends on twitter, regularly tweeting how happy they are with the manager, with the players, the fact they are winning more games than they are losing, they are doing well and although we'll always be a far bigger and greater club than them, I think I'd rather take that feeling, I want to be interested again, I want to just look at our future and see something positive.

Anyway I didn't want to post the above bit straight away as it was wrote out of emotion but that does explain exactly how I feel as a whole so don't want to not post it. Having giving myself a bit more time (about an hour anyway!) to think about things, I really hope we stay up, not really from my own view but for the stability of the club, also relegation doesn't exactly guarantee his sacking/resignation! the fact more loyal fans than I don't deserve relegation and who knows, the impossible may just happen and we have a good season next year.

Hopefully something in my mind just changes but I just want to love and care for AVFC again. I don't think I can while he is around.

:cry: :cry:

I remember a time just a couple years ago, in fact just 12 months ago, Aston Villa's result and performance would be my mood changer for the week, if we got a good result, I'd be happy until the following weekend, if we didn't, I couldn't want until the weekend after to hopefully see Villa put it right. As many seen by my posts and know, I could talk about anything Villa, I love the club, I always will but this season, yeah it started the same, I had thoughts and opinions, Villa was vital, you know during october, we was pushing towards top 8, although maybe it wasn't that likely, there was hope, maybe McLeish could do something, I didn't believe it but I thought get behind him, you never know, a couple wins and we are in the mix. Slowly but surely as the season has gone on, the results, football, comments, attitude, mentality, desire and my care has nearly vanished. He has made me dislike what I love most. People won't understand, I completely get that, I think I questioned the people who said what I'm saying now while we was under Houllier because at the time I didn't understand but how can I be happy, how can I celebrate short term success (i.e a win tomorrow) when I know that win is going to just lead to another year of absolutely horrific football, horrible feelings and a shit season where we finish absolute maximum about 11th. I have no hope. I don't see any future. every time I think about us as a club, I get angry and I'm going to say it, do you know what, I envy Blues supporters season. I have good friends on twitter, regularly tweeting how happy they are with the manager, with the players, the fact they are winning more games than they are losing, they are doing well and although we'll always be a far bigger and greater club than them, I think I'd rather take that feeling, I want to be interested again, I want to just look at our future and see something positive.

Anyway I didn't want to post the above bit straight away as it was wrote out of emotion but that does explain exactly how I feel as a whole so don't want to not post it. Having giving myself a bit more time (about an hour anyway!) to think about things, I really hope we stay up, not really from my own view but for the stability of the club, also relegation doesn't exactly guarantee his sacking/resignation! the fact more loyal fans than I don't deserve relegation and who knows, the impossible may just happen and we have a good season next year.

Hopefully something in my mind just changes but I just want to love and care for AVFC again. I don't think I can while he is around.

:cry: :cry:

Mate, this is the Villa and we WILL come good again. We all get down and feel emotional when something bad happens to something we love but that just makes us appreciate the good times even more.

McLeish is akin to an illness and the good news from the doctor is that this illness is not terminal and will one day be cured. There will be bad days but we will come out of this and the dark days will be left behind us.

I don't know if I have ever mentioned this before, probably not; The General once promised in his thread that Villa would challenge at the very top for major honours and Champions League. This wasn't when Randy first arrived either. This was around the middle of Houllier's reign. I sent the General a PM suggesting that maybe he wasn't doing himself or Randy any favours by promising things that were not going to happen. Let me tell you all something; that man was NOT budging on that promise one bit! He said something like "Not only do I promise it, I guarantee it! Will it be next season, probably not. But, we WILL get there". This wasn't said in the better days of top 6 finishes it was said when we were struggling. That alone still gives me the belief I need for the future.

Oh and to anyone reading, I had bit to drink before that so I'm sure there are plety mistakes, contradictions but am sure you get the jist.

I hope so villarocker! I think maybe it's just time to man up a little and just ride through this bad period. I think the fact it seems almost guaranteed he's staying for at least another season has got to me but hey, hopefully I'll be supporting Villa for the next 70 years, I guess I can manage a couple more shit seasons, older fans have been through worse I guess?

I'm only 24, but this to me is my most disappointing season. We make no effort to even try and win games against the top teams and we play dull - easy to defend against - football against everyone else. Taylor Mk 2 and Dreary's last season were awful, but not half as bad as this.

While watching the Premier League highlights show today McIdiot came on after the Villa Vs Sunderland game and said that he was well satisfied.He said that we got the result we wanted,a clean sheet !

AVFC Prideofbrum - I feel your pain. My sentiments are more or less along the same lines. I would normally be shitting it about relegation but that emotion is strangely absent. Likewise, I don't want us to be relegated but how can I pour all my emotions into that when I despise the way we play and will continue to play under McLeish? I suppose the ideal scenario is to scrape up and that humiliation be enough for the sack.

Find it hard to fathom the lack of flak he's getting at games though. Those that say protesting is a waste of time are symptomatic of the apathetic society we inhabit these days. A poisonous atmosphere is more likely to put pressure on our owners than the meek acceptance of our lot that currently prevails.

The General once promised in his thread that Villa would challenge at the very top for major honours and Champions League. He said something like "Not only do I promise it, I guarantee it! Will it be next season, probably not. But, we WILL get there".

Ha!

Not under the current ownership, they couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery. They are more clueless than I'd realised if they expect to achieve 'major honours and champions league' with a 40k wage cap and AMc as manager

Emile Heskey has scored one goal in something like 35 appearances. That's nearly a whole season worth, I'd be embarrassed about that if I was a central defender, never mind a supposed striker. Over the last two seasons he's scored 7 goals. Given his salary level, that's just shy of £1m per goal.

Â