The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I redo, does anyone want me to add anything? I know my grammar is crap so a word for word thing? What do people think of the banner?

Not so much add. I'd like you to delete everything. The whole campaign of 'McLeish Out' has been an embarrassment from day one (and I'm not just talking from the point of view of trying to get a message across that looks like it's been written by Harry Redknapp). Who remembers a handful of Villa fans charging at an unlocked gate?

Experience shows that protests don't do anything. Look how long we were trying to get Doug out for. Liverpool's protest against Hicks and Gillette was also futile. They only went because RBS called their debt in.

I urge you to put your bed sheets away. We're appearing incredibly small time.

If I redo, does anyone want me to add anything? I know my grammar is crap so a word for word thing? What do people think of the banner?

Not so much add. I'd like you to delete everything. The whole campaign of 'McLeish Out' has been an embarrassment from day one (and I'm not just talking from the point of view of trying to get a message across that looks like it's been written by Harry Redknapp). Who remembers a handful of Villa fans charging at an unlocked gate?

Experience shows that protests don't do anything. Look how long we were trying to get Doug out for. Liverpool's protest against Hicks and Gillette was also futile. They only went because RBS called their debt in.

Do us a favour would you Lerner and give McLeish his P45

I predict alot of responses to this. At least 8. Very controversial.

I don't say it to get a rise out of people, I say it because a) it's ineffective, and B) it turns us into a laughing stock.

it also brings the issue out into the open, alternatively you could let it bimble along as it is now and not look "smalltime" in the fizzy pop league

I don't say it to get a rise out of people, I say it because a) it's ineffective, and B) it turns us into a laughing stock.

it also brings the issue out into the open, alternatively you could let it bimble along as it is now and not look "smalltime" in the fizzy pop league

I think Randy and the General have already shown that they won't listen to the fans. Yes, they'll put a mosaic up on the Holte End if you ask nicely, but that's your lot. Come the big decisions Randy will not revert from choosing himself a yes man. The only way that is going to change is either by him opening his eyes to our mammoth decline or someone else buying him out.

There is the option of staying away, yes. That is equally frowned upon by some people, but a lot less hypocritical than having a protest then renewing your season ticket/paying upwards of 30 quid to get a ticket.

100% what Pongotastic said.

Randy is as stubborn as a mule. No amount of protests will make him sack McLeish.

Before the Sunderland game I saw in the paper that a protest was planned, I heard talk of it on the radio and there was also talk (on here, and elsewhere) of 30,000 'McLeish Out' posters being handed out.

I saw & heard nothing at the game, which makes Me think that anyone that heard or saw the rumours, like I did, will just think it was so small that no-one noticed, or that it was all talk and no action.

Either way, it's just a load of old balls.

I think Randy and the General have already shown that they won't listen to the fans. Yes, they'll put a mosaic up on the Holte End if you ask nicely, but that's your lot. Come the big decisions Randy will not revert from choosing himself a yes man. The only way that is going to change is either by him opening his eyes to our mammoth decline or someone else buying him out.

There is the option of staying away, yes. That is equally frowned upon by some people, but a lot less hypocritical than having a protest then renewing your season ticket/paying upwards of 30 quid to get a ticket.

My protest is to stay away but I cant knock any form of protest even if it is way to late, will have very little backing and have no use. To sit back mouths shut is in my opinion as good as saying "go on Alex/Randy, you we accept what you are doing"

My protest is to stay away but I cant knock any form of protest even if it is way to late, will have very little backing and have no use. To sit back mouths shut is in my opinion as good as saying "go on Alex/Randy, you we accept what you are doing"

If there was any chance of a satisfactory conclusion, I would be the first one with my bed sheet and spray can. Trouble is, I believe it to be futile. People who buy football clubs are, by their very nature, stubborn, egotistical ba$tards who sadly won't listen to you or I. We tried to get rid of Doug for years and years and he only went because he was knocking on and someone made him a decent offer. Otherwise I'm sure he would still be there.

Be it football or other walks of life, protesting has never had much impact. From the peasants revolt all the way to anti war protesting and student fees protests. They're newsworthy at the time but the next day they're fish and chip paper - a mild inconvenience but not an insurmountable obstacle for those in the corridors of power.

If there was any chance of a satisfactory conclusion, I would be the first one with my bed sheet and spray can. Trouble is, I believe it to be futile. People who buy football clubs are, by their very nature, stubborn, egotistical ba$tards who sadly won't listen to you or I. We tried to get rid of Doug for years and years and he only went because he was knocking on and someone made him a decent offer. Otherwise I'm sure he would still be there.

Be it football or other walks of life, protesting has never had much impact. From the peasants revolt all the way to anti war protesting and student fees protests. They're newsworthy at the time but the next day they're fish and chip paper - a mild inconvenience but not an insurmountable obstacle for those in the corridors of power.

Someone should tell my wife protests dont work. Daft mare still thinks she's got the vote.

100% what Pongotastic said.

Randy is as stubborn as a mule. No amount of protests will make him sack McLeish.

Before the Sunderland game I saw in the paper that a protest was planned, I heard talk of it on the radio and there was also talk (on here, and elsewhere) of 30,000 'McLeish Out' posters being handed out.

I saw & heard nothing at the game, which makes Me think that anyone that heard or saw the rumours, like I did, will just think it was so small that no-one noticed, or that it was all talk and no action.

Either way, it's just a load of old balls.

I think its the Tottenham game where the protests are planned i.e the 30k flyers and the Banner being unveiled they decided against it being before the Sunderland game as they wanted to delay it so ideally it would have minimal effect on the team as we would be safe with PL status secured by the time the spurs game reared its head

The more I think about it the more I think that Martinez turning us down was disastrous. I keep hearing name like brendan rodgers and paul lambert, but the kind of manager we need is one that can understand and work with and get the best from many different personalities, while playing attractive passing football. Any manager that can keep N'zogbia happy must be good at dealing with different characters and we know wigan play good football. But I blame him! I blame him for us having Mcleish, because if he had taken the job we would have Mcleish and be where we are now!

Someone should tell my wife protests dont work. Daft mare still thinks she's got the vote.

OK there are examples. :lol: You give me an effective protest and I'll give you an ineffective one though

The more I think about it the more I think that Martinez turning us down was disastrous. I keep hearing name like brendan rodgers and paul lambert, but the kind of manager we need is one that can understand and work with and get the best from many different personalities, while playing attractive passing football. Any manager that can keep N'zogbia happy must be good at dealing with different characters and we know wigan play good football. But I blame him! I blame him for us having Mcleish, because if he had taken the job we would have Mcleish and be where we are now!

The thing with Wigan though is that 5 or 6 games ago no one was saying they wished Martinez had accepted. Wigan have been miserable up until recently.

For me, Paul Lambert would be a great replacement. Maybe have a word in his ear on the last game of the season.

Not covinced Lambert is the right man for the job, his team reminds me of MON's teams! Counter attacking based around workrate, determination and athleticism rather than skill. The few quality players we have and youngsters coming through need to be playing technical attacking football to get the best out of them (Gabby the exception), thats the main reason why Mcleish is failing so miserably.

Â